+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1389

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...idf-israel-war

Children account for more than one in three of the more than 32,000 people killed in Israel’s months-long assault on Gaza, according to the Palestinian health ministry. Tens of thousands more young people have suffered severe injuries, including amputations.

Nine doctors gave the Guardian accounts of working in Gaza hospitals this year, all but one of them foreign volunteers. Their common assessment was that most of the dead and wounded children they treated were hit by shrapnel or burned during Israel’s extensive bombardment of residential neighbourhoods, in some cases wiping out entire families. Others were killed or injured by collapsing buildings with still more missing under the rubble.

But doctors also reported treating a steady stream of children, elderly people and others who were clearly not combatants with single bullet wounds to the head or chest.

Some of the physicians said that the types and locations of the wounds, and accounts of Palestinians who brought children to the hospital, led them to believe the victims were directly targeted by Israeli troops.

-

Israeli and foreign human rights groups have documented a long history of snipers firing on unarmed Palestinians, including children, in Gaza and the West Bank.

Palestinians in Gaza also report a terrifying new development in the latest Gaza war – armed drones able to hover over streets and pick off individuals. Called quadcopters, some of these drones are used as remote-control snipers that Palestinians say have been used to shoot civilians.

For a short while after 7 October, Israel could be said to be occupying the moral high ground, that time has long since passed.

Why isn’t the BBC reporting on that?

I wrote to my MP several weeks ago now about the U.K. supplying arms to Israel. I’m still waiting for a response.

UK Lawyers For Israel

Spokesperson just been on the news

Absolutely belting mad bunch that lot

Wednesday 10.05 BST
    Israel threatens to strike Iran directly if Iran launches attack from its territory.
    Israel’s foreign minister threatened on Wednesday that its country’s forces would strike Iran directly if the Islamic Republic launched an attack from its territory against Israel, as tensions between the two countries flare after the killings of Iranian generals in a blast at the Iranian consulate in Syria, reports the Associated Press (AP).

“If Iran attacks from its territory, Israel will respond and attack in Iran,” Israel Katz said in a post on X in both Farsi and Hebrew.

'Never again' after the Rwanda genocide? If only.....

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ns-gaza-israel

It still narks me that it took the death of 7 aid workers (as opposed to twenty thousands Palestinian women and children) for the US to start changing its position on the conflict.

Meanwhile, out Government's position seems unchanged. Utterly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    It still narks me that it took the death of 7 aid workers (as opposed to twenty thousands Palestinian women and children) for the US to start changing its position on the conflict.

Meanwhile, out Government's position seems unchanged. Utterly bizarre.
    The 20,000 Palestinian women and children killed by the IDF/IOF doesn't include a probable 10,000 more who are buried under the rubble.

Even if the focus is just aid workers, over 200 had been killed by the IDF/IOF before the murder of the WCK volunteers.

A casual glance at the TV news items or newspaper front pages gives a very clear idea of the relative value of Palestinian, Israeli and 'western' lives.

Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is so true and spot on.
    What a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is so true and spot on.
    What a woman.
    Agreed.

Genocide if 'we' don't like them; self-defence if we do!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eaths-genocide

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the war - and Israel absolutely should be criticised on many things - claiming "Hitler has won" is just another in a long line of outrageous statements from this old crank that demonstrates historical and contemporary ignorance, that offers absolutely nothing in the pursuit of peace.

I did agree with her on the recent comments about adult Harry Potter fans though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the war - and Israel absolutely should be criticised on many things - claiming "Hitler has won" is just another in a long line of outrageous statements from this old crank that demonstrates historical and contemporary ignorance, that offers absolutely nothing in the pursuit of peace.

I did agree with her on the recent comments about adult Harry Potter fans though.
    I expect that will be a small crumb of comfort to her.

Interesting that the Miriam Margolyes video (the quote came from it) was circulated by the newly formed Jewish Council of Australia:

The Jewish Council of Australia is a diverse coalition of Jewish academics, lawyers, writers and teachers. We are experts on antisemitism and racism. We were formed in response to the rise in racism and antisemitism in Australia. We are particularly concerned about the rise in neo-Nazi activities, fascism and far right extremism.

"The Jewish Council is an important initiative. The next generation of Australian Jews is resisting the pressure applied by the Jewish establishment to defend Israel and the Occupation. Refusing to toe the line comes at a real personal cost so I commend the individuals involved for their moral courage and commitment to peace and justice" Louise Adler AM

"In the current environment of global political extremes and the relentless devastation in Gaza, the manipulation of language by those desperate to justify the indefensible, is perhaps an inevitable response. Amidst these distortions, many of them racist in character and impact, it is refreshing and essential to see the emergence of new voices committed to challenging and remedying crass and obsolete opinions. The establishment of the Council importantly seeks to reset the record and provide perspectives informed by principles of accuracy, transparency, and justice." Emeritus Professor Andrea Durbach AM

Your mask slipped when you used the word 'Criticised' A bit weak for a state that is purposely murdering children. And your 'Level Headedness' and scoffing over this womans comments is just so condescending Jim. You may not agree but you put it across with a whiff of superiority, like you know best. You're a phoney.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I expect that will be a small crumb of comfort to her.
    I hope so. She seems such a lovely lady.

Not really that interesting Jon. Not all Jews think the same.

Sounds like a political organisation mind. I note they are particularly concerned about the "rise of neo Nazis, far right and fascism". They are of course right to be concerned about such hateful ideologies but it seems a strange stance to be particularly concerned about them as opposed to Islamists if you ask me, but each to their own 👍

The daily massacre of children continues - even if the world's media, western governments and the Board Zionists are happily being distracted by Iran's retaliation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-food-aid-drop

And to think our government are complicit in all this.

The enablers and apologists enable and excuse. Germany a prime example!

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v46/...-weizman/diary

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Your mask slipped when you used the word 'Criticised' A bit weak for a state that is purposely murdering children. And your 'Level Headedness' and scoffing over this womans comments is just so condescending Jim. You may not agree but you put it across with a whiff of superiority, like you know best. You're a phoney.
    There's no mask slipping. Israel should be criticised on many things.

I won't subscribe to the idea that everything is comparable to Hitler or the nazis though. I think that is contemporary and historically ignorant.

And there's no superiority about criticising the casual use of such comparisons. There kind of is in trying to imply you care more about murdering children mind.