+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

such a horrendous situation there, and difficult to see how it can ever improve.

I don't think a 1 state or a 2 state solution are viable these days

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    such a horrendous situation there, and difficult to see how it can ever improve.

I don't think a 1 state or a 2 state solution are viable these days
    A 2 state solution is the stated aim of most countries and international bodies. Netanyahu has consistently rejected it - although it was the official policy objective of Israeli governments before him after Oslo.

But a 2 state solution - whatever the pros and cons - cannot happen when land is steadily being taken from the Palestinians and what is left to them is deprived of power, water and access, and fragmented like South African 'bantustans'.

Making a 2 state solution impossible is current Israeli policy.

A 1 state solution is very possible. Not a single 'liberal democracy' with equal rights for all citizens, but an ethno-religious state based on Jewish supremacy and the final expulsion of the non-Jewish Arab indigenous people (or continuing restrictions, persecution and expropriation until the majority flee or die). That is the current direction of travel. It is the main factor behind the cycle of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A 2 state solution is the stated aim of most countries and international bodies. Netanyahu has consistently rejected it - although it was the official policy objective of Israeli governments before him after Oslo.

But a 2 state solution - whatever the pros and cons - cannot happen when land is steadily being taken from the Palestinians and what is left to them is deprived of power, water and access, and fragmented like South African 'bantustans'.

Making a 2 state solution impossible is current Israeli policy.

A 1 state solution is very possible. Not a single 'liberal democracy' with equal rights for all citizens, but an ethno-religious state based on Jewish supremacy and the final expulsion of the non-Jewish Arab indigenous people (or continuing restrictions, persecution and expropriation until the majority flee or die). That is the current direction of travel. It is the main factor behind the cycle of violence.
    When it is all laid bare as above by you and you see the Israeli politicians out for blood on the news today then you can see optimism and faith for a resolution is non existent for many

A small football related bit of news.

Celtic have condemned their own fans. It was a quite extraordinary display to follow the massacre of people at a music festival.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...ort-palestine/

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Celtic have condemned their own fans. It was a quite extraordinary display to follow the massacre of people at a music festival.

There's always Palestinian flags at Celtic games, this isn't a one off.

This conflict is never going to end if the comments of Margaret Hodge against Owen Jones on Sky News are anything to go by

Both she and he have their fans and their doubters but as soon as Owen Jones mentioned the desperate plight of the Palestinians and the war hungry cries from some in the Israel government she behaved like a petulant child

He's clearly far left in his politics but she said that he was against Israel defending itself .......and made a point of this several times .....when he didn't say that at all and that any sort of invasion will prolong the slim chance of any lasting peace

Wether hes right or wrong she was completely without a pair of ears and if a senior politican in the UK is as one eyed then its all curtains as far as I can see

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's always Palestinian flags at Celtic games, this isn't a one off.
    There is, but there isn't normally banners and texts in support of the resistance displayed. Timing and context matters.

Hence why Celtic FC have strongly condemned them.

I think it's awful after what happened earlier that day. I suspect if they knew the full story of events even they wouldn't have done it.

There is, but there isn't normally banners and texts in support of the resistance displayed. Timing and context matters.

Hence why Celtic FC have strongly condemned them.

I think it's awful after what happened earlier that day. I suspect if they knew the full story of events even they wouldn't have done it.
    There is banners and text at games supporting the people of Palestine, this isn't new. The Green Brigade actively and openly support Palestine at every home game. I can't see a problem with it.

There is banners and text at games supporting the people of Palestine, this isn't new. The Green Brigade actively and openly support Palestine at every home game. I can't see a problem with it.
    It's in very bad taste. You do see the odd Palestinian flag, that's true, but this was different and rightly condemned by the club. Celtic have form for this kinda thing and I think the Green Brigade are embarrassing the club.

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2023/o...lub-statement/

It's in very bad taste. You do see the odd Palestinian flag, that's true, but this was different and rightly condemned by the club. Celtic have form for this kinda thing and I think the Green Brigade are embarrassing the club.

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2023/o...lub-statement/
    Depends how you look at it. Celtic the football club was borne from Imperialist colonial rule, borne out of oppression and famine. They support Palestine due to historic connections.

Depends how you look at it. Celtic the football club was borne from Imperialist colonial rule, borne out of oppression and famine. They support Palestine due to historic connections.
    I understand the club's history. But it is 2023 and on Saturday morning a 1000 people were murdered by terrorists and a section of the clubs support wave banners saying 'victory to the resistance'.

I think it's disgusting in all honesty and football fans get condemned for a hell of a lot less.

Just seen the green brigade have written another response - no reference to the victims whatsoever.

Really bright and intelligent young British Palestinian film maker and actress just interviewed on sky news

She spoke about the displacement of the Palestinian people and how already Israeli actions are increasing the isolation over there .....basically starving them out

If this is a war situation then the rules of war are being broken

For every awful story of the weekend massacre from the Jewish perspective it can be met with accounts of young Palestinian children being shot or blown up

She said its clear that the major powers are siding with Israel and I can't see how anyone can disagree

Then a Jewish Actress Louisa Clein went on about feeling it was Jews who were being persecuted

The report then went to North London where the Jewish community are sending basic provisions to the soldiers fighting for Israel

If Israel thinks a ground offensive will improve matters then they are insane

What a complete s hit show

does the Israeli international lad still play for them?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This conflict is never going to end if the comments of Margaret Hodge against Owen Jones on Sky News are anything to go by

Both she and he have their fans and their doubters but as soon as Owen Jones mentioned the desperate plight of the Palestinians and the war hungry cries from some in the Israel government she behaved like a petulant child

He's clearly far left in his politics but she said that he was against Israel defending itself .......and made a point of this several times .....when he didn't say that at all and that any sort of invasion will prolong the slim chance of any lasting peace

Wether hes right or wrong she was completely without a pair of ears and if a senior politican in the UK is as one eyed then its all curtains as far as I can see
    Hodge has had anti Jew comments thrown at her all her life. Jones is just a prima donna, remember watching him storm off sky news in a huff. Pathetic child basically like likes to wave his Im gay and I feel threatened flag whenever he is out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    No he's moved on and condemned the flag waving

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Hodge has had anti Jew comments thrown at her all her life. Jones is just a prima donna, remember watching him storm off sky news in a huff. Pathetic child basically like likes to wave his Im gay and I feel threatened flag whenever he is out of his depth.
    Well all of that may be true but Hodge was the wrong party in this one

He was very dignified and kept making his point despite her continually interrupting her

In the end Sophie Ridge had to end the interview and go for an ad break

What a complete s hit show
    The mood music, unless things change, is that Israel will impose a one state solution plus a car park next door. The hostages are dead in all but name, so Hamas needs to hope Iran gets involved. That will trigger the Saudi's and the US. And then the "shit show" will really start.

No he's moved on and condemned the flag waving
    They still have an Israeli international - Liel Abada

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    Yup.

They still have an Israeli international - Liel Abada
    Well depending on his beliefs he won't be there long

What an absolute mess. I am in despair. The slaughter of innocent children on both sides is heartbreaking. This notion of a "ground offensive" in Gaza doesn't bear thinking about. Any prospect of a peaceful settlement has surely been put back for another generation at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What an absolute mess. I am in despair. The slaughter of innocent children on both sides is heartbreaking. This notion of a "ground offensive" in Gaza doesn't bear thinking about. Any prospect of a peaceful settlement has surely been put back for another generation at least.
    75 years since Israel was formed

That's clearly the major issue

It's not going to be sorted in our lifetimes and let's be honest probably never

Hideous reports of the butcher of young Israeli children in the news tonight which will be followed by slaughter on a mass scale in Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Absolutely right and I'm disgusted by our country taking sides in this conflagration. I wouldn't expect any thing sensible from USA but it's revolting to see our lot take sides in this tragedy.

It's heartbreaking to see innocent Jewish lives being taken but it's equally harrowing to see innocent Palestinian lives being destroyed by unrestrained wanton violence.

I think a lot of respect needs to be shown towards the Celtic fans today for their lone voice in support of the massacre of the innocent.

Well all of that may be true but Hodge was the wrong party in this one

He was very dignified and kept making his point despite her continually interrupting her

In the end Sophie Ridge had to end the interview and go for an ad break
    Margaret Hodge is an entitled, partisan bitch

I think you need to rethink this. The mass slaughter of innocent Arabs might not bother someone as entitled as you in the slightest, but thank Goodness there are better people than you around.