+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vapes banned at the stadium yet on sale at the gate

Vapes banned at the stadium yet on sale at the gate

So vapes are banned inside the stadium yet today there are loads of blu vape stalls offering special offers to teenagers
    Is that something as a club we should be doing ?

Re: Vapes banned at the stadium yet on sale at the gate

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So vapes are banned inside the stadium yet today there are loads of blu vape stalls offering special offers to teenagers
    That's exactly what I thought. My answer to myself was "no"

Sold by the club? Whereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sold by the club? Whereabouts?
    Sold by Blu Vape. They had a stall outside gate 5 and probably other gates.

It didn’t sit right to be promoting them at the football
    But “special offers to teenagers” is a bit misleading unless you saw something I didn’t

Not a good look at all.

You can buy booze at the liquor store, but you can't drink it there.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    It didn’t sit right to be promoting them at the football
    But “special offers to teenagers” is a bit misleading unless you saw something I didn’t
    When I went past on the way to gate 5 - the 2 'glammed up' girls running the vape stall - were talking to 2 teenage boys - about 14/15 ish - talking about special sign up deals, the type where it's a one day only type thing. All vapes specially coloured like sweets and different flavours etc.

This doesnt sit right with me at all - and the club should not allow. Then I realised that Blu Vape are a club sponsor - FFS. We may as well allow Benson and Hedges back in and get them dishing out free fags to people to try out and see how they like them

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You can buy booze at the liquor store, but you can't drink it there.
    you can buy condoms in boots, but they really don't like it when you use them in the store

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Sold by Blu Vape. They had a stall outside gate 5 and probably other gates.
    Ah ok.

I'm all for people having the choice what to put in their own bodies but it's all the bright colours and flavours that don't sit right with me. Naturally it will and has attracted children and young adults to them.

I get the attraction if you're quitting smoking and that's all they should have been for but the marketing of them has gone far behind that.

Someone in work never smoked but every hour or so now has to go outside to inhale a load of nicotine and whatever else and puff out salted caramel bubblegum vapour.

Jeepers we used to get upset at coke , ganja, Heroin ffs relax this stuff is nothing compared to class a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Jeepers we used to get upset at coke , ganja, Heroin ffs relax this stuff is nothing compared to class a shit.
    No, but there’s very little research been carried out, but it looks very much like it will cause cancers.
    Besides which, rubbish like this can be the start of a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you can buy condoms in boots, but they really don't like it when you use them in the store
    Same point.

When I went past on the way to gate 5 - the 2 'glammed up' girls running the vape stall - were talking to 2 teenage boys - about 14/15 ish - talking about special sign up deals, the type where it's a one day only type thing. All vapes specially coloured like sweets and different flavours etc.

This doesnt sit right with me at all - and the club should not allow. Then I realised that Blu Vape are a club sponsor - FFS. We may as well allow Benson and Hedges back in and get them dishing out free fags to people to try out and see how they like them
    I thought you had to be 18 to buy this stuff

This seems crazy. I hate to imagine the NHS bill for all this in the next few decades.

It's not just the possible health issues, it's also the fact that they disposable. The amount of waste created is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Do these condoms ever wear trainers, or is it always boots ?

I think its a public health timebomb, we should be banning them ASAP and just having them available on prescription for free for people who want to stop smoking.

there were some teachers on the radio a few weeks back, saying it is far worse of a problem than smoking ever was. one child couldn't even get through a 2 hour exam without becoming agitated and disruptive because they needed the nicotine so regularly

Are they on the club's land? I don't think the club should be encouraging vape sales in all honesty. It's bad optics if nothing else.

They are horrible things.
    Why would a bloke in his forties want to smell like candy floss whilst puffing like Thomas the tank engine.

Have you seen chest x-rays of the effects of vapes?
    They are a danger to kids, and that stall is breaking the law if peddling them to 14 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You can buy booze at the off license, but you can't drink it there.
    FYP