Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
They knew about his ideas and ambition when they took him on. In my opinion, he hasn’t actually failed ,yet. It’s my opinion, that Rooney was lined up several weeks ago, before he wrapped it in over in the U S of A. The Birmingham board will want promotion this season. Make no mistake about that. With his track record, I doubt he’ll do it. It’s a tall order. Then what happens if he fails. Even the experts on tv are doubting his ability right now as the man to take them up. It’s a big mistake by the Birmingham City owners. They’ll find that out in due course.“
Eustace was hired in July 2022, the current ownership came in in in July 2023 and installed a new CEO etc so the people who hired him probably aren't around any more anyway

He hasn't failed, his only failure is not being a "big name" in the way Rooney is. You could, somewhat, understand removing Eustace if an unbelievable option became available as manager, but sacking him for Rooney is ridiculous and entirely based on his profile as a player