+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Updated: Birmingham sack John Eustace - Wayne Rooney appointed

Updated: Birmingham sack John Eustace - Wayne Rooney appointed

Just a few days after beating WBA

Re: Birmingham sack John Eustace

Crackers!

Didn't they do a similar thing with Gary Rowett when they were near the play-off places?

They have approached Rooney

Wayne not Micky

Rooney done deal
    🤨

Thought they were going ok.

Imagine if Tan had pulled a stunt like the Merricans at Brum.

Knowing that your predecessor was sacked while in a Play Off position is hardly going to engender a “no fear” approach in Eustace’s successor is it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67053921

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Wayne not Micky
    I think Mickey Rooney would do a better job

How about the people who appointed Eustace ? They should go aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    How about the people who appointed Eustace ? They should go aswell
    For hiring a manager that had Birmingham 6th in the league?

What a load of shite. The owners deserve to get driven out.

Didn’t they invest quite a bit on players over the summer.

Previously they sacked Gary Rowett and appointed Zola. That ended badly. Owners looking for a big name rather than someone who can do a good job (not saying Rooney won't do a good job) Owners have gone for a vanity appointment and you can't help but wish it goes tits up as well.

Rooney left his US team last night

Wayne not Micky
    😆

Apparently, Romney’s salary will three times that, of what Eustace was paid. I can understand it,if Rooney had a proven record but he’s not really been that successful.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Apparently, Romney’s salary will three times that, of what Eustace was paid. I can understand it,if Rooney had a proven record but he’s not really been that successful.
    Is Romney building a castle ?

Is Romney building a castle ?
    You could have gone for Mitt Romney, American Senator.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    For hiring a manager that had Birmingham 6th in the league?
    They knew about his ideas and ambition when they took him on. In my opinion, he hasn’t actually failed ,yet. It’s my opinion, that Rooney was lined up several weeks ago, before he wrapped it in over in the U S of A. The Birmingham board will want promotion this season. Make no mistake about that. With his track record, I doubt he’ll do it. It’s a tall order. Then what happens if he fails. Even the experts on tv are doubting his ability right now as the man to take them up. It’s a big mistake by the Birmingham City owners. They’ll find that out in due course.“

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    They knew about his ideas and ambition when they took him on. In my opinion, he hasn’t actually failed ,yet. It’s my opinion, that Rooney was lined up several weeks ago, before he wrapped it in over in the U S of A. The Birmingham board will want promotion this season. Make no mistake about that. With his track record, I doubt he’ll do it. It’s a tall order. Then what happens if he fails. Even the experts on tv are doubting his ability right now as the man to take them up. It’s a big mistake by the Birmingham City owners. They’ll find that out in due course.“
    Eustace was hired in July 2022, the current ownership came in in in July 2023 and installed a new CEO etc so the people who hired him probably aren't around any more anyway

He hasn't failed, his only failure is not being a "big name" in the way Rooney is. You could, somewhat, understand removing Eustace if an unbelievable option became available as manager, but sacking him for Rooney is ridiculous and entirely based on his profile as a player

Re: Updated: Birmingham sack John Eustace - Wayne Rooney appointed

Re: Updated: Birmingham sack John Eustace - Wayne Rooney appointed

There is no football reason to replace the current manager, the appointment of Rooney is a marketing exercise aimed at leveraging social media and commercial interests alongside the fake fandom of Tom Brady. And don’t forget they are going to play “No fear football!”. Like wow.

That said there is probably method in their madness. The owner is a former Goldman Sachs MD and you don’t rise to that position by being stupid. CEO Garry Cook has pedigree with Man City. They have appointed grown-ups in the room - Ashley Cole and John O’Shea - to do the actual coaching.

Maybe nonsense like Rooney’s appointment is the future of football, expect a Netflix docuseries starring Wayne and Tom anytime soon 🙄