Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
Away membership needs looking at - I’m all for having a photo ID and a membership card but £30 every season maybe good value if you go on the busses every week but I would do maybe 6/7 aways a season and I stopped going.
I can tolerate the need for some ID/membership but it simply shouldn’t cost that much.

As an exile, I’d attend a handful to a dozen away games a season but since Covid I’ve not been to one. Unnecessary costs like this definitely a factor. My general football watching has also plummeted since to be fair but there’s something now about what feels like additional planning and faff with what seems an unnecessary cost attached that just puts me off.

I have a few friends that support lower league clubs and we’ll go to London away games in a group a few times a season. Minimal fuss involved: travel to the ground, turn up at the away end, pay your money, go through the turnstile. I appreciate the context is different for the city or a championship club perhaps, but the more the whole process moves away from this now the less I’m interested.