+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A question about improving support

Re: A question about improving support

Before the advent of Sky etc, evening games kicked off at 7.30pm - a much better time in my opinion. 8 o'clock leaves me getting back home at 10.30pm sometimes and I'm quite local..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Before the advent of Sky etc, evening games kicked off at 7.30pm - a much better time in my opinion. 8 o'clock leaves me getting back home at 10.30pm sometimes and I'm quite local..
    Before the advent of sky City we’re getting crowds of about 3000

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ok, might mean it’s a bit of a struggle to get to a 6.30pm kick off, may have to finish work a bit earlier or go straight from work but on the other hand getting home would be more straightforward. Wouldn’t be hitting the house around midnight, it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    As in so many things, people who live in Cardiff have no idea what challenges exist for people who don't. The amount of moaning I hear whenever there is any development in the centre - eg the opening up of the feeder on Churchill Way - when the rest of Wales is being starved of investment is astonishing. The transport infrastructure outside of Cardiff isn't fit for purpose and you get people moaning because they're without a bus station for a few years. I live in mid Wales and I simply wouldn't be able to attend evening games starting at 6.30. And I'm hardly an exception. But as long as it suits the city dwellers that's OK I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    As in so many things, people who live in Cardiff have no idea what challenges exist for people who don't. The amount of moaning I hear whenever there is any development in the centre - eg the opening up of the feeder on Churchill Way - when the rest of Wales is being starved of investment is astonishing. The transport infrastructure outside of Cardiff isn't fit for purpose and you get people moaning because they're without a bus station for a few years. I live in mid Wales and I simply wouldn't be able to attend evening games starting at 6.30. And I'm hardly an exception. But as long as it suits the city dwellers that's OK I guess.
    Calm down It was only a suggestion, the thread was asking for ideas to improve support and that was my suggestion for evening games. Getting to and from evening games is sometimes (or always) a chore, as I said, it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other. Yes, an earlier kick off would be very awkward for non Cardiff residents (and a lot of city dwellers as well) but leaving the stadium at about 8.30pm after the match would ease the the difficult journey home.

Perhaps it boils down to poor transport rather than kick off times.

Calm down It was only a suggestion, the thread was asking for ideas to improve support and that was my suggestion for evening games. Getting to and from evening games is sometimes (or always) a chore, as I said, it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other. Yes, an earlier kick off would be very awkward for non Cardiff residents (and a lot of city dwellers as well) but leaving the stadium at about 8.30pm after the match would ease the the difficult journey home.

Perhaps it boils down to poor transport rather than kick off times.
    I'm perfectly calm. You made a suggestion. I pointed out that's it's symptomatic of the Cardiff - centric attitude that pervades many areas of Welsh life.

I'm perfectly calm. You made a suggestion. I pointed out that's it's symptomatic of the Cardiff - centric attitude that pervades many areas of Welsh life.
    As it should!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    If you are working and out of town it isn’t easy getting there for 7:45.
    That’s the fault of the transport infrastructure

If the ticket included park and train perhaps it would be much better

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Went to Newport today, they have a club shop in the Kingsway centre. I know we had one once but that's when we were red.
    This maybe something to look at, as they could sell tickets there as well
    It was ALWAYS empty even when we were in blue and in the Prem.

There’s just not enough people wanting a shirt. We are not that big and never will be

Maybe a street stall would be much better

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That’s the fault of the transport infrastructure

If the ticket included park and train perhaps it would be much better
    You're assuming all our fans live near a railway line then?
    Last edited by Robin Friday's Ghost; 15-10-23 at 12:14. Reason: Typo

It was ALWAYS empty even when we were in blue and in the Prem.

There’s just not enough people wanting a shirt. We are not that big and never will be

Maybe a street stall would be much better
    That shop wasn’t there when we were last in the PL was it? I think it was only there for a few years.

I’d imagine an earlier evening kick off time would suit many of our family stand fans, regardless of where they live. Arriving home with your kids at nigh on midnight on a school night can’t be good and most probably leads to a lot of them binning night games.

N.B. Have you got a problem with Cardiff based City fans, or a problem with Cardiff per se ?

I’d imagine an earlier evening kick off time would suit many of our family stand fans, regardless of where they live. Arriving home with your kids at nigh on midnight on a school night can’t be good and most probably leads to a lot of them binning night games.

N.B. Have you got a problem with Cardiff based City fans, or a problem with Cardiff per se ?
    I don't have a problem with anyone, wherever they live and however blinkered to the challenges faced by others they are.

You're assuming all our fans live near a railway line then?
    If you really want to go down a transport rabbit hole I believe you should only have circular busses around train stops included in the price, rather than shuttle run busses.

You shouldn’t have to pay twice or walk

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That shop wasn’t there when we were last in the PL was it? I think it was only there for a few years.
    No it was shut before 18/19

I can’t imagine it being any more busy anyway

I don't have a problem with anyone, wherever they live and however blinkered to the challenges faced by others they are.
    Exactly, it’s a hell of a challenge getting your kids up for school the morning after a night game I’d imagine. I know it’s hard enough getting up after a night away game, getting home earlier would make a hell of a difference.

If you really want to go down a transport rabbit hole I believe you should only have circular busses around train stops included in the price, rather than shuttle run busses.

You shouldn’t have to pay twice or walk
    And you shouldn't have to subside fans who can use trains to get to the ground by having the cost of rail travel included in the cost your ticket when you don't have that option.

Exactly, it’s a hell of a challenge getting your kids up for school the morning after a night game I’d imagine. I know it’s hard enough getting up after a night away game, getting home earlier would make a hell of a difference.
    Within the space of about 10 messages you've become the champion of family fans 😂😂😂

Within the space of about 10 messages you've become the champion of family fans 😂😂😂
    If it wasn’t for those pesky kids……….