+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCFC Catering

Re: CCFC Catering

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's outrageous and it's their own fans they are totally ripping off.

It genuinely amazes me the number of people I see queueing up for stuff just moments before the second half starts. Against Rotherham I sweat it was at least 30m long. Fkn madness.
    No it isn't. The club don't sell the food or drink and don't set the prices. It also isnt up to you to tell people what they can or cant buy at the ground. People can make their own decision - it is a free world. Inside the ground it is all about convenience, which has a value. I am sure they would let you outside to go and buy something if you asked nicely. You might miss 15 minutes of the game but worth it to save a pound or two (not).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No it isn't. The club don't sell the food or drink and don't set the prices. It also isnt up to you to tell people what they can or cant buy at the ground. People can make their own decision - it is a free world. Inside the ground it is all about convenience, which has a value. I am sure they would let you outside to go and buy something if you asked nicely. You might miss 15 minutes of the game but worth it to save a pound or two (not).
    I’m not sure if your account is a parody , and they wouldn’t let you back out if you asked nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

Damn it. There was me thinking that expressing a view on a messageboard meant I could forcibly tell people what they can and can't buy. Gutted.

Queuing up (twice) and missing a chunk of the game never strikes me as particularly convenient, but there we are. You are of course welcome to spend your money as you wish.

They are like a stuck record, all they can do is criticise other fans.

The club have asked for ideas in the improving our support thread and they don't have anything to say there.

I can never understand these threads complaining about catering prices inside the stadium. How long are most fans inside the stadium - less than 3 hours I'm guessing? If you can't manage without food and drink in that time, well, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I can never understand these threads complaining about catering prices inside the stadium. How long are most fans inside the stadium - less than 3 hours I'm guessing? If you can't manage without food and drink in that time, well, sorry.
    Of course people can manage without food and drink for three hours, but why shouldn't they have the option to buy some decent food and drink at a reasonable price if that's what they want? It's not much to ask.

A mate of mine is a spurs ST holder - he reckons that they do all the catering themselves. The club run the stalls, buy in the food, have their own cheese etc.

The city run courses for students dont they ? (sports / event management etc) why not employ them to run things under supervision ?
    Or even just allow local eateries to come in and do the food.
    Surely it can be done better and cheaper than it currently is ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    A mate of mine is a spurs ST holder - he reckons that they do all the catering themselves. The club run the stalls, buy in the food, have their own cheese etc.

The city run courses for students dont they ? (sports / event management etc) why not employ them to run things under supervision ?
    Or even just allow local eateries to come in and do the food.
    Surely it can be done better and cheaper than it currently is ?
    Grazing Shed used to do the burgers from the kiosk on the left when you go in through gate 5

Against Coventry, I went in the Grandstand.

The Bar area was quite nice, easy to get served with a nice pint of Moretti in a proper glass.

Against the Jacks, it was a long wait with knob heads cutting in the queue for pisswater in a plastic receptacle.

Two different experiences.