+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke free away travel

Stoke free away travel

I came across this by accident - apparently Stoke City provide free away travel, and have done for ten years. I guess lots of people already knew about this, but I didn't. What a brilliant idea. I wonder if Dalman has considered that, as a way to improve CCFC away attendances?

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/202...ue-in-2023-24/

Re: Stoke free away travel

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I came across this by accident - apparently Stoke City provide free away travel, and have done for ten years. I guess lots of people already knew about this, but I didn't. What a brilliant idea. I wonder if Dalman has considered that, as a way to improve CCFC away attendances?

Fantastic idea

That's knocking 30 quid off a trip

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post

This would work these days. I think previously it was never done as if the club provided the transport they are then responsible for the behaviour on the coach and for some who decide to get hammered, have a toot etc.

Does our away support really need a boost ? I thought it was getting the home support number up on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    This would work these days. I think previously it was never done as if the club provided the transport they are then responsible for the behaviour on the coach and for some who decide to get hammered, have a toot etc.

Does our away support really need a boost ? I thought it was getting the home support number up on a regular basis.
    I can’t see the club being interested in generating away support as they don’t make any money out of it and they don’t have any control over away ticket prices unless the away club collaborates with us in respect of reciprocal match day deals.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I can’t see the club being interested in generating away support as they don’t make any money out of it and they don’t have any control over away ticket prices unless the away club collaborates with us in respect of reciprocal match day deals.
    Good point, if there is money available to subsidise travel the club would be far better off using it to support any travel services provided to home tames.