+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales under 21s

Wales under 21s

look to continue their encouraging start to their latest qualifying campaign as they play their third away game in succession against the Czech Republic today, kick off is at 5 and I'm sure the game will be streamed somewhere - probably on Sgorio's You Tube channel.

Just checked, there's a partial explanation for the non use of Luke Harris and Owen Beck against Gibraltar, they've both joined the under 21 squad for this match.

Four City players in the squad and confirmation that the game will be shown on S4C.

https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/u21.php?id=648

Re: Wales under 21s

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    look to continue their encouraging start to their latest qualifying campaign as they play their third away game in succession against the Czech Republic today, kick off is at 5 and I'm sure the game will be streamed somewhere - probably on Sgorio's You Tube channel.

Just checked, there's a partial explanation for the non use of Luke Harris and Owen Beck against Gibraltar, they've both joined the under 21 squad for this match.

Four City players in the squad and confirmation that the game will be shown on S4C.

That was always the plan, it was also the initial plan with Joe Low and Charlie Savage but they've stayed with the seniors instead of going to Czechia. Not using Harris and Beck against Gibraltar but taking them away from the u21s camp makes no sense, they might as well have been with them the whole time if you're not going to play them

It's really annoying me with Page's refusal to give Harris a senior cap, on paper he looks our best youth prospect by a mile and we goes and caps Wycombe Wanderers players.

I've been keen to see him play for well over a year now and still not picked to play Gibraltar, Page is useless. Get him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    It's really annoying me with Page's refusal to give Harris a senior cap, on paper he looks our best youth prospect by a mile and we goes and caps Wycombe Wanderers players.

I've been keen to see him play for well over a year now and still not picked to play Gibraltar, Page is useless. Get him out.
    Agreed, qualifying for the World Cup has seemingly undone nearly a decade's worth of good work at the FAW. Whilst it would be a damn shame to not qualify for the Euros as the Germans will be excellent hosts, for Wales it might not be a bad thing if that's what is needed to get rid of Page.

May as well have Mick McCarthy in charge.

Colwill (R) starts, Davies and Ashford on the bench.
    https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/1712843269552370066

Nothing on my S4C

Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH25CwhOyao

Think someone in the Welsh camp must have been impressed by Gibraltar in midweek and told the under21s to go out and play like them, Lord knows how it’s still 0-0.

Think someone in the Welsh camp must have been impressed by Gibraltar in midweek and told the under21s to go out and play like them, Lord knows how it’s still 0-0.
    It isn't now.

1 - 0 to the Czechs and it was coming!

It’s not 0-0 any more, 1-0 to the Czechs - we’re awful I’m afraid.

Very much looking one way traffic first half

Almost a wondergoal from Owen Beck there, much better

It’s not 0-0 any more, 1-0 to the Czechs - we’re awful I’m afraid.
    Wales missing their starting midfield pair in Savage & King, these 2 are no replacement for them. I'm pretty sure Hill in particular is more of an attacking player so no idea why he's in a deep role, may have been better keeping Crew around for this camp

Much better second half, Colwill on the ball much more. Should have had a pelanty just now

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Much better second half, Colwill on the ball much more. Should have had a pelanty just now
    The Welsh centre forward was appealing for a penalty with one hand and had hold of the keeper’s jersey with the other one - they can’t help themselves, they’ve got to grab the shirt of their nearest opponent when it’s a free kick or corner

Almost an equaliser for Beck there - the sub Jones has livened up our attack.

Josh Thomas should have scored there, 1 on 1 and hits it straight at the keeper. For all the Czech possession Wales should have had 2 this half

Bad miss by our centre forward Thomas - not been impressed by him.

Bad miss by our centre forward Thomas - not been impressed by him.
    Been poor, Jones has already shown more than him having only just come on. That chance is the sort of thing strikers dream of

Surprised Thomas has stayed on when Colwill came off, Colwill one of the few who looked like creating something

Only 2 subs used seems strange

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Been poor, Jones has already shown more than him having only just come on. That chance is the sort of thing strikers dream of

Surprised Thomas has stayed on when Colwill came off, Colwill one of the few who looked like creating something
    Think Colwill might have got a rocket off Matthew Jones at half time, he was much more involved in the second half. Thomas has appeared in nine league games for Port Vale this season and I’m not surprised to see he hasn’t scored - did find the net in the League Cup though.

Luke Harris hasn’t done that much either.

Cian Ashford has three minutes to save the game!

And he did, brilliant volley to make it 1-1!

Cain Ashford with a worldie to equalize close to last kick of the game!!

Cian Ashford has three minutes to save the game!
    ah that'll never ha

Wow!