+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

I do for sure - completely wrong message to youngsters

Re: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I do, why assist in giving people an addiction? And even if it is safe to do, there's still the financial implications behind it.

This topic was raised a few days back, so you're likely to upset Bluetit, he gets all spun out with double threads, and spelling mistakes or poor Grammar, What with him being CCMB's version of Bamber Gascoigne.

what you on about now! you do realise that most young un's are watching bhum secs on their mobiles?

Vaping products should be banned and only made available on prescription for adults who are trying to give up smoking cigarettes.

We discussed this at the Trust board meeting yesterday evening following a complaint from a Trust member about this. I only heard about it second hand as I was unable to attend the Watford game.
    The Trust board was unanimous in its view that the promotion of vaping at the stadium is entirely wrong and made enquiries of the club today as to why it had happened. It transpires that the club board entered into a financial sponsorship deal with the vaping company which enables them to peddle their wares at the ground and that this is likely to continue at future home games.
    We have made it very clear to the club that we consider this to be morally wrong to attract money (we don`t know how much) in place of putting a health message out to fans and have asked that this view be conveyed to club management at the highest level. A response from the club`s commercial department and/or the club board is awaited.

Keith

Absolutely

Faux Pas on behalf of Cardiff city. Not happy with this at all.
    They should be prescription only as a way of weaning off nicotine.

What next, the clinic in Switzerland? Someone at the club needs a look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    We discussed this at the Trust board meeting yesterday evening following a complaint from a Trust member about this. I only heard about it second hand as I was unable to attend the Watford game.
    The Trust board was unanimous in its view that the promotion of vaping at the stadium is entirely wrong and made enquiries of the club today as to why it had happened. It transpires that the club board entered into a financial sponsorship deal with the vaping company which enables them to peddle their wares at the ground and that this is likely to continue at future home games.
    We have made it very clear to the club that we consider this to be morally wrong to attract money (we don`t know how much) in place of putting a health message out to fans and have asked that this view be conveyed to club management at the highest level. A response from the club`s commercial department and/or the club board is awaited.

Keith
    Thank you. You can add me to the list of people not happy with this

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    what you on about now! you do realise that most young un's are watching bhum secs on their mobiles?
    I'm old. What's a "bhum sec"?

And yet nobody thinks advertising alcohol is a problem - and selling it for that matter - it’s probably more of a concern than vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Vaping products should be banned and only made available on prescription for adults who are trying to give up smoking cigarettes.
    How about let adults make decisions for themselves, crackdown on the availability of the products for sure to prevent access for children - restrict the sales to supermarkets or whatever. As long as alcohol is available for adults there's no reason vaping products shouldn't.

Vaping certainly does a lot less harm than alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    How about let adults make decisions for themselves, crackdown on the availability of the products for sure to prevent access for children - restrict the sales to supermarkets or whatever. As long as alcohol is available for adults there's no reason vaping products shouldn't.

Vaping certainly does a lot less harm than alcohol.
    Are you sure on that? I doubt the harm it’s doing to people who use them and those around them won’t be known for some time.

What annoys me with vapers is they seem to think people want to breath in their disgusting metal candy melon flavours so blow them anywhere and everywhere. It’s disgusting, certainly not something I would want to breathe in.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    And yet nobody thinks advertising alcohol is a problem - and selling it for that matter - it’s probably more of a concern than vaping
    It's a fair point you make.

On the very same day, they were selling beer inside the actual stadium
    That was to over 18s too

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

What annoys me with vapers is they seem to think people want to breath in their disgusting metal candy melon flavours so blow them anywhere and everywhere. It’s disgusting, certainly not something I would want to breathe in.
    I went out with a group of girls football coaches ( few from our league and a few from 2 leagues below ) a few weeks ago, had a few drinks, this guy starts Vaping while sat around the table, it was a blend of Apple Pie, Cinnamon and Black Cherry ( I kid you not, but the bloke loved it he said ) a few get a bit arsey and ask him to do it outside, guy refuses, someone take offence and says " look real men smoke cigars, take your poncey puffer and F off outside " , Vaper goes on a massive rant that he is the healthy one as he isnt drinking and beer is more dangerous, by this time the atmosphere of the night has nosedived, a few of us head away to another pub, ended up with Vaper guy getting knocked out by cigar guy by all accounts

the Puffer certainly made me chuckle with his claim that he was healthy as he wasnt drinking

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Are you sure on that? I doubt the harm it’s doing to people who use them and those around them won’t be known for some time.

I'm pretty confident that vaping will never result in violent outbursts, so yes I am pretty sure on that.

So alcohol and gambling advertising is ok but whoa betide they promote vaping instead of the much more dangerous smoking.

Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So alcohol and gambling advertising is ok but whoa betide they promote vaping instead of the much more dangerous smoking.

Get a grip.
    No, advertising alcohol and gambling is not ok

I find vaping disgusting. The people who partake in it seem to think that the rest of us don’t mind it.
    There hasn’t been enough research on vaping yet, but I’m sure they’ll realise soon enough that it is not good for you.
    The point re alcohol is not a valid one, as the vapes have flavours that are aimed at young people and the marketing of them is likewise. This is why there’s an epidemic of secondary school children using them, but I haven’t heard of a problem on the same scale with alcohol in that age group.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I find vaping disgusting. The people who partake in it seem to think that the rest of us don’t mind it.
    There hasn’t been enough research on vaping yet, but I’m sure they’ll realise soon enough that it is not good for you.
    The point re alcohol is not a valid one, as the vapes have flavours that are aimed at young people and the marketing of them is likewise. This is why there’s an epidemic of secondary school children using them, but I haven’t heard of a problem on the same scale with alcohol in that age group.
    You don’t think kids in secondary school drink alcohol?
    And also… alcopops?
    I don’t dispute there’s a problem with vaping in schools.
    But as I asked and didn’t get a reply in the last thread on this - don’t you have to be over 18 to buy them, and was the stall outside the ccs selling them to under 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You don’t think kids in secondary school drink alcohol?
    And also… alcopops?
    I don’t dispute there’s a problem with vaping in schools.
    But as I asked and didn’t get a reply in the last thread on this - don’t you have to be over 18 to buy them, and was the stall outside the ccs selling them to under 18s?
    You do need to be 18 and yet I see plenty of clearly under 18s walking around puffing out some bubblegum vapour, it's clearly far more accessible and socially acceptable for them than alcohol. Bright colours and ridiculous flavours don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post

Keith
    well done

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm pretty confident that vaping will never result in violent outbursts, so yes I am pretty sure on that.
    Sorry when you said “harm” I was thinking of internal medical issues to those who use them and those around them who have to inhale the disgusting stuff which we probably won’t know the long term effect of for some time, not to mention the plastic issue to the planet a lot of them new throw away ones.

I didn’t associate “harm” with just violent out bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    This. Although I appreciate they have helped many people who wouldn't seek medical help to give up the slightly more harmful smoking.

It's now time to restrict access to them along with Rishi's plans to phase out smoking completely.