+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff fans - From Cardiff or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff fans - From Cardiff or not?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFeelinBlue View Post
    Okay, so checking the 'a question about improving support' thread, I see there is some debate about fans living in Cardiff vs surrounding areas/ valleys of South Wales.

Cardiff has always been known as having a big following in the South Wales valleys, probably originally first stemming from the mining history and them stemming to 'my father supports city so I do as well" etc.

Do 'the majority' of Cardiff fans live in the city centre and the outskirts? or further afield?

Myself, personally, I never liked football growing up, then in 2011 one of my mates said we could get tickets to Cardiff Vs Peterborough for £1 so I went 'for a laugh' (loved it!), went a few times then until last year I went to a game and got the buzz so have had a season ticket for the last 2 years. I live 30 miles away.

This is not to spur any arguments or anything, just curious of where most City fans are from!
    From the valleys and for me, my parents weren’t into football so nothing to do with that. More that city were the most local team in a ‘proper’ league. Not many people in school supported them then, I think that’s improved a bit over recent years.

If I was to choose again I think I’d go for someone like Merthyr, too late now of course

Re: Cardiff fans - From Cardiff or not?

👍