+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff fans - From Cardiff or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff fans - From Cardiff or not?

Born in Abergavenny, grew up in Herefordshire for a period then mainly just north of Ebbw Vale.

Lived in various parts of Cardiff for a decade give or take, the closest within a mile or so of the ground. Have lived in various places in London since for nearly a decade, currently Walthamstow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Born in Abergavenny, grew up in Herefordshire for a period then mainly just north of Ebbw Vale.

Lived in various parts of Cardiff for a decade give or take, the closest within a mile or so of the ground. Have lived in various places in London since for nearly a decade, currently Walthamstow.
    Garnlydan? Rassau?

I was born in Ebbw Vale, lived a few years in Garnlydan, moved to Risca aged 9. Wasn't interested in football until I went to my first City match aged 16 - hooked!
    Jones Bus used to run specials in those days, picking up down the valley and going straight to NP.
    Did my college in Stafford, a brief spell of work in Edinburgh, then 10 years in London before moving to East Cardiff.
    My boys were born in London, had a spell of following ManU (most of their friends did, despite living in Leyton (walking distance to Orient) between WHU and Spurs/Arsenal. Saw the light when I took them to a Cardiff game, now we're all ST holders.

Merthyr born and bred. Supported the City from the age of 15 - that was a long time ago - though saw my first game when I was 12. In the late 60s and early 70s got to know some great guys from further down the Valley as well as from Aberdare and Tredegar. Lost touch with almost all of them except one whom I still meet for a pre-match pint in the Butchers and a couple of others I see at the ground.