Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
Anyone heard of them on here? Would have played in the Cardiff & District leagues in the 1960’s. My Dad played for them and I was reminiscing with some pictures of him playing… made me think some on here may have knowledge of them… think they were pretty successful (but that might’ve just been my Dad telling me stories ��)
Love the team name
I played for St Pat's (Grangetown) from the early 60's through to late '70's, a decade or more when the club dominated the Cardiff and District League. My recollection is that different challengers came along for maybe 2 or 3 years at a time and then faded out of the picture. Grange Albion, St Albans, St Mary's (Canton) were among the biggest rivals in that time but I'm sure there were others I've forgotten. The 'EYE' - based in Ely I think - were certainly around during those years and came through to the 'first' division towards the end of my time, most likely in the 70's I'd say.

I don't recall much about them but think they played in black & white quarters? And ask your dad if one of his pals would go by the nickname "shovel" who was a complete nutter