+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bishen Bedi.

Bishen Bedi.

Has died at the age of 77 - moreso than many of the veteran cricketers who have passed away recently, he seems to me to belong to another era. I can remember him applauding batsmen who had hit him back over his head for six and he was a pretty hopeless batsman and fielder, but he was a lovely bowler to watch - has there ever been a better spin attack in test cricket than Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasana and Venkat?

RIP

Re: Bishen Bedi.

remember him bowling in a turban

Kapil Dev

Legend with bat and ball

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    remember him bowling in a turban
    My first thought as well.

Great bowler.

Makes me realise how old I am. Players of all sports of a certain age that I was watching, what seems like, the other week. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has died at the age of 77 - moreso than many of the veteran cricketers who have passed away recently, he seems to me to belong to another era. I can remember him applauding batsmen who had hit him back over his head for six and he was a pretty hopeless batsman and fielder, but he was a lovely bowler to watch - has there ever been a better spin attack in test cricket than Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasana and Venkat?

RIP
    Fantastic bowler and my cricket coaches urged me to watch so one I tried to model myself on when I was young

The game has changed so much and bowlers need to be athletes now and you can see that with India as a prime example when up until relatively recently their fielding was probably amongst the worst

One day cricket has added so much to fielding skills but probably detracted from other aspects of the game

Stylish left arm spinner who I remember even before I really got into cricket most probably because of his turban rather than his bowling prowess.

RIP.