+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Re: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Caroliner Reapear gummy bear go on buy them as sweet treats for Halloween night trick and treat giveaways, they won't return.

Lil' Nitro The World's Hottest Gummy Bear https://amzn.eu/d/esVih3F
    I watched a couple of videos of people eating that last night.
    Looks ridiculous!

https://youtu.be/eVYLmu729qM?si=bXvWmUeMWPFYVMcb

I'm pretty much addicted to chilli, I order them online fresh and dried. I put them in lots of things I shouldn't but I'm way past only being able to taste the chilli or having flavour killed by heat. You can easily do that and I had a Phal once in the Peak District which was all heat and no flavour. There are plenty of varieties of chilli that pack a nice punch without killing the taste buds. I think it sets my endorphins off and at my age, keeps me regular 😆

I live in the United States and go to Indian restaurants every now and then. I like hot and spicy, but the Indians don't take me seriously. They usually have a range of heat starting with 1 (mild) and advancing to 10 (hottest). I tell them to bring me an 11. What I get is certainly hot, but not particularly challenging. I know hotter is possible because many years ago I got a vindaloo in Cardiff, and it near took my head off. Perhaps it helps to have a historical connection to India for the natives to take you seriously.

I’ve had a Phaal, vindaloo etc if done well they can be nice but some you can just tell they just chuck in a load of Cayenne Pepper or Chilli powder. My general go to is a Madras. I find the Naga type curries can be hot but can have a tang.

I did have something called a Bindaloo once, only seen it once, probably a reason for that Jeezzz I can’t describe how hot it was, the burn wouldn’t go either lol.

There's a traditional vegetarian Indian.....and I mean Indian......cafe in Riverside, not far from the rocking chair Jamaican place

Be careful in there as although many of the dishes are very mild the vegetable thali is a hand grenade of death a dish right in your gob and will burn you to death

I went through 4 yoghurt lassi drinks and still struggled

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    I live in the United States and go to Indian restaurants every now and then. I like hot and spicy, but the Indians don't take me seriously. They usually have a range of heat starting with 1 (mild) and advancing to 10 (hottest). I tell them to bring me an 11. What I get is certainly hot, but not particularly challenging. I know hotter is possible because many years ago I got a vindaloo in Cardiff, and it near took my head off. Perhaps it helps to have a historical connection to India for the natives to take you seriously.
    I agree with this.
    I did get a hot one on NYC once though.

I must have at least a hundred Indian Restaurants here now.
    Many are authentic and regional.
    I don’t find them close to spicy here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve had a Phaal, vindaloo etc if done well they can be nice but some you can just tell they just chuck in a load of Cayenne Pepper or Chilli powder. My general go to is a Madras. I find the Naga type curries can be hot but can have a tang.

I did have something called a Bindaloo once, only seen it once, probably a reason for that Jeezzz I can’t describe how hot it was, the burn wouldn’t go either lol.
    Mr Naga is great stuff.
    Some controversy though if it is safe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I agree with this.
    I did get a hot one on NYC once though.

I must have at least a hundred Indian Restaurants here now.
    Many are authentic and regional.
    I don’t find them close to spicy here at all.
    yeah of all the people I've ever encountered with zero tolerance to spice, by far the worst have been Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah of all the people I've ever encountered with zero tolerance to spice, by far the worst have been Americans.
    Even after Mexican influenced chilli dishes in texas?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Even after Mexican influenced chilli dishes in texas?
    I've been to a few mexican places in the US and they weren't particularly spicy

Some go a lot for hot sauces on wings and that.
    Some of the sauces could make your toes curl.
    Not for me.

I find that the Thai food here is significantly spicier than Indian food.
    A Kaprow or even Drunken Noodles can get your nose running and your mouth tingling quickly.

Anyone try Chilli Daddy in Bristol?
    They had a place in Clifton and in the centre.
    Loaded with Szechuan Peppercorns and chilli flakes which numb your mouth a bit and then a nice reasonable heat after.

Well they were clearly soft arse

Try the hot ones

Anyone remember the inferno lidls pizza thread

I keep looking at this thread and seeing "hottest thing you've ever seen". Madonna in the "Beautiful Stranger" video. The song was totally ripped off "She Comes in Colors" by Love in my opinion. But whatever, I'd rather **** her than Arthur Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I keep looking at this thread and seeing "hottest thing you've ever seen". Madonna in the "Beautiful Stranger" video. The song was totally ripped off "She Comes in Colors" by Love in my opinion. But whatever, I'd rather **** her than Arthur Lee.
    Madonna looked fantastic in the cherish video but that was it as far as I am concerned

Madonna looked fantastic in the cherish video but that was it as far as I am concerned
    She looked lovely in that Beautiful Stranger video and Ray of Light.
    Better than her earlier looks IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    She looked lovely in that Beautiful Stranger video and Ray of Light.
    Better than her earlier looks IMO.
    Too butch and hard faced

And too much time in the gym

I spent many years in SE Asia. A dish called Sur Longhai (thai dish) translated to 'Crying Tiger' . Grilled beef with a very spicy but tasty dipping sauce.
    I remember telling people in the late 80s onwards about Thai food and Sriracha sauce which originates from the town of Sriracha on Eastern seaboard. Nobody was interested. I predicted Thai cuisine would become popular in UK. Again nobody was interested. These days. Thai spicy seafood soups, Green and Red curries are all over the place, and people rave about it. Funny old thing.
    Sriracha sauce is nice with mayo, as has been mentioned above by my old mate Splott P. However, if you add a bit of soy sauce or asian seasoning sauce in with it, it is great as a dip for steamed mussels.
    Soedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I spent many years in SE Asia. A dish called Sur Longhai (thai dish) translated to 'Crying Tiger' . Grilled beef with a very spicy but tasty dipping sauce.
    I remember telling people in the late 80s onwards about Thai food and Sriracha sauce which originates from the town of Sriracha on Eastern seaboard. Nobody was interested. I predicted Thai cuisine would become popular in UK. Again nobody was interested. These days. Thai spicy seafood soups, Green and Red curries are all over the place, and people rave about it. Funny old thing.
    Sriracha sauce is nice with mayo, as has been mentioned above by my old mate Splott P. However, if you add a bit of soy sauce or asian seasoning sauce in with it, it is great as a dip for steamed mussels.
    Soedger
    These days even the definitely milder Sriracha is something of a struggle for me

I put too much of it as the heat provider in a Mexican chilli the other week and it rinsed me

The Pepper Sauce on the steak I had in the Madeira last Saturday.

I don't mind a madras spicey but not too bad.
    It must be 30 years ago I had a few pints in The Clive and got a Madras from the Standard take away a few doors up.
    But it was a couple of levels up from a Madras I think the chef was having a laugh.
    Hottest thing I've ever tasted.

Soedger
    Had Sriracha with mayonnaise again tonight, made the spicy rice I had a touch more spicier, used it as a sauce over the sirloin, mushrooms, onions & tomatoes as well. I’m well into it.

These days even the definitely milder Sriracha is something of a struggle for me

I put too much of it as the heat provider in a Mexican chilli the other week and it rinsed me

Some of the hottest food I have had is Mexican

What was that place at the bottom of Mill Lane?

I think it was a chain but they had a nutcase in the kitchen the night I ate there

About 20 years ago I did a gig with a band in Wind St in Swansea. After the gig, one bloke who had tagged along for the trip and I went for a kebab. Went into this shop and he asked for some proper hot chilli sauce they keep out the back, not the normal one. He took a few bites of his donner and was asked what he thought of the hot chilli sauce. He said it was crap.

A couple of years later I went into the same kebab shop and one of the guys behind the counter recognised me immediately. He told me to tell my friend that next time he calls, he's got a really good chilli sauce for him. God knows what was in the first one, but it made an impression!