+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

January transfer window

Re: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I think we’re now in a position of only needing to sign 2 or 3 quality players, rather than wholesale signings. We have the nucleus of a decent team for the first time in 3 to 4 seasons.

I wonder who we'll sign to replace Colwill and Robinson? Because if I were them I'd be looking to leave asap.

Ucan is the Bulut age - 29. He’s had an unusual international career, winning his first cap for Turkey ten years ago and then having to wait ten years for his next two, with the fact that he’s winning caps in for a country that is doing so well in Euro qualifying suggesting he’d be a good signing for us if we could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I wonder who we'll sign to replace Colwill and Robinson? Because if I were them I'd be looking to leave asap.
    I think Bulut sees the potential of Colwill from what he said and is working on/ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Improve or move on, exactly what should happen.

A few sites linking us (and the jacks) with Marc Leonard, 21 year old Brighton midfielder currently on loan to Northampton.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-28198325

Just hope that any incomers are here in the first week of January and we’re not resigned to picking up what’s left on the shelf on January 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think we’re now in a position of only needing to sign 2 or 3 quality players, rather than wholesale signings. We have the nucleus of a decent team for the first time in 3 to 4 seasons.
    I’d say two midfielders a Lb a number 9 and a back up
    Meite,Etete and Ugbo aren’t up to the job

I think that Erol will choose players he’s familiar with.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I think that Erol will choose players he’s familiar with.

Agreed. It’s a no brainer as far as I’m concerned. Bulut already knows the players he would like because he’s already coached/managed them in Turkey. It’s a question of how much they will cost.

I think one quality midfielder and two No 9 s but there are a couple of existing players who need to be moved on first so the books can be balanced

If, hypothetically, we were looking to get into the top 2 or be in the play-offs with a decent chance of winning them, there are only, IMHO, about 4 players in the squad who would start in such a team (Ramsey, Siopis, McGuinness and Goutas). The rest are either fine for decent mid-table finish, fair to middling or not good enough. We need a couple of windows to get close to that benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If, hypothetically, we were looking to get into the top 2 or be in the play-offs with a decent chance of winning them, there are only, IMHO, about 4 players in the squad who would start in such a team (Ramsey, Siopis, McGuinness and Goutas). The rest are either fine for decent mid-table finish, fair to middling or not good enough. We need a couple of windows to get close to that benchmark.
    No Ng or Collins?
    Saying that I agree with the two windows required

We need a left back, a reserve right back, and a decent striker.
    That said, some of the team are decidedly lightweight, and though we can manage with them, they could do with replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We need a left back, a reserve right back, and a decent striker.
    That said, some of the team are decidedly lightweight, and though we can manage with them, they could do with replacing.
    Fullbacks are weak now but by January ODowda should be back.

I think two strikers and a No10 to play/Rotate with Ramsey.

I wonder if we could get that Bellingham bloke on loan.

Ahmed Hegazy linked to us and Boro.

A 32 year old centre back. ex-West Brom. 83 caps for Egypt. With Al-Ittihad (Saudi Arabia) since 2021 but now 'doubts over his future' there.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/11/30/middl...report-claims/

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    No Ng or Collins?
    Saying that I agree with the two windows required
    In terms of a team pushing for promotion, I'd say they're borderline. But I could be wrong.

International

We have our eyes and ears there' – The European transfer network Erol Bulut will use to take Cardiff City to another level

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...here--28204441

Four players in !!!

No money for Bakasetas or Ucan, according to Bulut today.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    No money for Bakasetas or Ucan, according to Bulut today.
    We're barely mid-table in terms of strength of squad. Five of the top six places will go to the current top 5, I'm pretty certain, which leaves the likes of Sunderland, Blackburn, Middlesborough etc., battling it out for 6th. Not the best season for a play off challenge.

I'd agree we need at least 5 players in . Definitely 2 strikers. a LB to cover Collins , By the sounds of it there's very little money surprise, surprise. There's still a lot of dead wood in this team. Rinomota, Campbell, Adams, Etete, Ugbo and players like Colwill need a loan as they're going to find themselves further down the pecking order even Tanner ,

There's going to be very little money as usual to work with, other teams around us will spend more in my opinion. If Tan is serious about promotion or challenging he has to back Bulut with a reasonable amount of money or he will go .

Like all clubs we have to work within budget, so it's pretty obvious we won't get all of the players Bulut desires and he knows that. If Moore is his No.1 priority, he will have to cut his his cloth accordingly and strengthen the team with more affordable acquisitions, but we've seen he's quite capable of doing that. On the plus side he won't be bringing in players he doesn't think will have a positive impact on the team.

At the moment our GK and front three are all loanees due to the embargo. So there's 4 players that need replacing this window or the next. I think a no.10 is also a must and as much as I like him I have a feeling Robinson might have to go to fund it.