+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nearly November and mid table , despite some clangers

Nearly November and mid table , despite some clangers

You have to be happy with that ?

We really should have 6 points on top of what we have .....chuck them in and this isn't a bad side considering it was thrown together

Hopefully the little blip we have had can be reversed with at least a point up at Huddersfield ?

Re: Nearly November and mid table , despite some clangers

Got to agree with you here Sludgey. Watford were there for the taking and it was definitely 2 points dropped. 3 points dropped on Saturday, Blackburn were no great shakes. Not sure where you get the other point from?

It’s been mixed, think we have been unlucky with injuries but I’m happy with the progressio this season.

Considering we wouldn’t pay for loans or transfers we had a good window. Goutas and Siopis have been great additions.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have to be happy with that ?

We really should have 6 points on top of what we have .....chuck them in and this isn't a bad side considering it was thrown together

Hopefully the little blip we have had can be reversed with at least a point up at Huddersfield ?
    At the start of the season I questioned whether we could stay up. Credit to Bulut initially for some entertainment, something we've had in very short supply for a few seasons now. Watching score lots of goals was great. Now we've done well by my pre-season prediction, but after a good start, expectation levels will rise a little, which is natural.

It's a shame he's going all defensive at the moment as it's doing us no favours. 4 goals from open play in 6 games, and none in our last 3, which given our start, is concerning. Much of that is down to losing Rambo but replacing him with a defensive midfielder is a mistake. Another month of this and some of the goodwill from City fans will start to drain away. Not only have we stopped scoring, we're still conceding and losing, plus we're not being entertaining either. Some might not be too concerned about this, but I know there are some who post on here, as well as other friends who would just be happy for some good footballing entertainment, even if we lose as many as we win. After the turgid stuff from the last few seasons, I can understand that.

Bulut has a few decisions to make. Let's hope it's a blip and not the start of a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Got to agree with you here Sludgey. Watford were there for the taking and it was definitely 2 points dropped. 3 points dropped on Saturday, Blackburn were no great shakes. Not sure where you get the other point from?
    I was suggesting 6 points on top of what we had would have been a fair return

Point at Ipswich , at least , for example

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It’s been mixed, think we have been unlucky with injuries but I’m happy with the progressio this season.

Considering we wouldn’t pay for loans or transfers we had a good window. Goutas and Siopis have been great additions.
    Goutas is a right lump

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I was suggesting 6 points on top of what we had would have been a fair return

Point at Ipswich , at least , for example
    I agree. If anything, when we've sat back and tried to defend, we've looked poor and it's generally failed, like that Ipswich game where we were cruising at 2-0. When we've been on the front foot, we've been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At the start of the season I questioned whether we could stay up. Credit to Bulut initially for some entertainment, something we've had in very short supply for a few seasons now. Watching score lots of goals was great. Now we've done well by my pre-season prediction, but after a good start, expectation levels will rise a little, which is natural.

It's a shame he's going all defensive at the moment as it's doing us no favours. 4 goals from open play in 6 games, and none in our last 3, which given our start, is concerning. Much of that is down to losing Rambo but replacing him with a defensive midfielder is a mistake. Another month of this and some of the goodwill from City fans will start to drain away. Not only have we stopped scoring, we're still conceding and losing, plus we're not being entertaining either. Some might not be too concerned about this, but I know there are some who post on here, as well as other friends who would just be happy for some good footballing entertainment, even if we lose as many as we win. After the turgid stuff from the last few seasons, I can understand that.

Bulut has a few decisions to make. Let's hope it's a blip and not the start of a bigger problem.
    Spot on.

After the recent thread about how the club could increase attendances, the 'entertainment factor' should not be overlooked. Any neutral watching a City game over the past few seasons could be forgiven for never wanting to go back, such has been the lack of entertainment on offer. Hopefully Bulut can get us firing on all cylinders again.

No problem for me. I'm waiting for January and how the club and manager respond.