+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What championship managers would you swap Bulut for

What championship managers would you swap Bulut for

For me I think Bulut has done OK but given more slack because we’ve been so fed up. Probably a C+

I only bring this up as I do think Rooney will do well and would have given him a shot here but the championship does seem littered with below par managers.

Re: What championship managers would you swap Bulut for

It is a bit early to make a judgement on Bulut - but so far he seems to me to be a good appointment.

Of the other 23 managers in the division the ones I think would definitely be an upgrade are: Mark Robbins, Kieran McKenna and Steven Schumaker - with maybe Tony Mowbray and Liam Rossenior also on that list.

Wouldn't swap Bulut for any others - even the ones with promotions on their CV like Farke and Wagner.

What I like about Bulut so far is his steely determination to succeed. At this stage, I wouldn't swap him for any of the managers mentioned above, especially not Tony Mowbray, a dependable guy but one who's never going to help the club reach its full potential.

Bulut has only been with the club a few months, he's put together a relatively new team, chalked up some important wins and done this whilst the club is under a transfer embargo. I would rate his efforts so far as a B but no worse than a B-.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    For me I think Bulut has done OK but given more slack because we’ve been so fed up. Probably a C+

I only bring this up as I do think Rooney will do well and would have given him a shot here but the championship does seem littered with below par managers.
    On what basis do you think Rooney will do well ? His management record is poor - only 27.5% win rate. Buluts is 43.36% !!

Far too early but given what he's working with I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Come on, if Bulut gets us mid table this year then he will have done a decent job, then let’s see what he can muster next season

He's a very good appointment

I would like to see him give colwill a bit of decent game time but maybe he has seen enough

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    On what basis do you think Rooney will do well ? His management record is poor - only 27.5% win rate. Buluts is 43.36% !!
    For once I agree with you. My Bluenose friends are dismayed that Rooney (& his track record of failure) has replaced Eustace

Who knows who’s best, I would think you put this message on a lot of boards people would be happy to swap.

On a flip how many of those managers we could “swap” with would have wanted this job under an embargo?

I like Bulut, I understand some of the frustration or opinions and also see why Bulut does what he does. If you asked me at the start of the season would I be happy with the position so far… yes. Inconsistent but to be expected.

I was disappointed that City never looked at McKenna (Ipswich) or Carrick (Middlesbrough) when they were in the market for a club. That would’ve been far too progressive for the club at the time.

Happy with Bulut at the moment. He needs to make a bit more imaginative and creative in attacking areas than they were today.

Looks like Nigel Pearson could be available soon. I'm not saying we should swap Bulut for him (or anyone else) though.

Championship Manager 97/98 for me. Was absolutely brilliant. First time you could run three leagues at the same time I think. Got too complicated after that

All of them

any of them, worth a lottery punt at this rate

I'm happy to see what Bulut does with a budget for now. If he gets one. If he doesn't, you can't really blame him.

I think Bulut has done well with some obvious blind spots. It’ll be interesting how it develops on whether he learns from them or refuses to change as it may be his undoing when it comes to a potential play off push next season

I think he will rightly be praised if we finish 12th whilst not threatening the top 6 at all this season, it will be a welcome break from the stress of the last couple of years. We only have to look at Reading’s current plight in League One to see how dangerous our position was, we shouldn’t forget that