Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    xG tonight - Huddersfield 1.46, City 1.47
    most of theirs will have come when the game was already won though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Which just totally proves what a useless and unreliable system the xG is.
    or maybe that's not what it's used for...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's top knocker
    It's outstanding

What an incredible result for us. Cardiff playing like Barcelona! In all seriousness though we do look a real force and although it’s still early days if we continue we could potentially be challenging to get into the top 6. We need more consistency but we look good. Very good passing and playing as a team (not individuals). We also have Ramsey coming back at some point and the jan window to add more quality if needed. I said at the start of the season I would take any improvement on last season but so far they have exceeded my expectations. Hope it will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    They should have. Had a few chances in the second half and some scrambled defence from us.
    They had 2 chances when the game was gone. One when NG just passed it to them

However they were awful. Kept getting caught on the ball

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Missed most of the game due to a meeting I couldn't avoid

Absolutely thrilled with the win. Think we can be pretty sure no relegation battle this year, even a chance of top 6, which wild have been unbelievable at the start of the season.
    Well done City.
    A top striker and a back up left back and we could easily hit the playoffs, Bowler makes a big difference it's a pity O''Dowda and Rambo are out for so long.

International

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Or perhaps we made our set pieces count, they didn't. We had enough chances to win a few games tonight with some great football in the first half, but absolutely butchered some opportunities on the break in the second half. Goutas my MOM, Siopis outstanding.
    Colwill and Tanner made some poor choices late on, otherwise, we could have had six or seven, but the game was won and they were probably still trying to get into the game, it can be difficult in those circumstances.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Siopis and Goutas outstanding.
    And Bowler and Meite, they tore them apart.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think 3-8 would have been a fairer score line
    Nah only one hit the bar, the other two close chances were saved and cleared off the line, good last-ditch defending and Alnwick was brilliant, they deserved the clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    most of theirs will have come when the game was already won though
    EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Colwill and Tanner made some poor choices late on, otherwise, we could have had six or seven, but the game was won and they were probably still trying to get into the game, it can be difficult in those circumstances.
    Agree, and. Bowler’s dreadful miss.

International

Meite bullied their defenders, he was excellent last night, and Bowler tore them apart, Goutas, Siopis, NG and Alnwick all excellent, that was a much better performance.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Agree, and. Bowler’s dreadful miss.
    Yes that was a shame, he'd had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Meite bullied their defenders, he was excellent last night, and Bowler tore them apart, Goutas, Siopis, NG and Alnwick all excellent, that was a much better performance.
    having that presence up front allows everyone else to get on the front foot, gives the wingers options, and probably let's us play a genuine number 10 instead of an extra CM

We absolutely murdered them first half. They played a back 3 and Bowler, Grant and Meite ran them ragged in the spaces left by their wing backs. I thought we’d score every time we got past the half way line.

Robinson was superb and Goutas is getting better and better. One negative was Alnwick’s distribution which was horrendous. Aimless kicks, some straight into touch, and a few directed at Bowler. Minor criticism, perfect away day. Did enjoy Huddersfield’s PA announcer saying they were unlucky at HT, and their fans shouting “who?” when we made our subs

having that presence up front allows everyone else to get on the front foot, gives the wingers options, and probably let's us play a genuine number 10 instead of an extra CM
    Not taking anything away from our performance but Huddersfield played right into our hands last night, and they are also not very good. We had to be good to capitalise on that, mind

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not taking anything away from our performance but Huddersfield played right into our hands last night, and they are also not very good. We had to be good to capitalise on that, mind
    in fairness, if we gave someone like Goutas a free header from a corner in that position we would be spitting feathers

in fairness, if we gave someone like Goutas a free header from a corner in that position we would be spitting feathers
    Or giving Bowler the freedom of West Yorkshire. It was mental. They were so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We absolutely murdered them first half. They played a back 3 and Bowler, Grant and Meite ran them ragged in the spaces left by their wing backs. I thought we’d score every time we got past the half way line.

Robinson was superb and Goutas is getting better and better. One negative was Alnwick’s distribution which was horrendous. Aimless kicks, some straight into touch, and a few directed at Bowler. Minor criticism, perfect away day. Did enjoy Huddersfield’s PA announcer saying they were unlucky at HT, and their fans shouting “who?” when we made our subs
    I saw the last 15 mins of the first half and couldn’t believe how poor Huddersfield were. It was laughable. It looked like we’d score every time we attacked.

It was one of the worst performances I think that I have seen (zero pressure on the ball, massive spaces for all of our players and huge gaps in behind their defence as you say) and we have witnessed a few…..

Had a look on the Huddersfield forum, some proper insight fair play

"I don't think, player for player, that Cardiff are as good as QPR."

Is bowler ok post match?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Had a look on the Huddersfield forum, some proper insight fair play

"I don't think, player for player, that Cardiff are as good as QPR."
    That’s given me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Me too

Winner from pikey , got on the end of a great cross from Chris fry
    Think they were top 3 and we were bottom 4 so disbelief added to the joy amongst the diehards present

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s given me a good laugh.
    Well they did beat us, so on that evidence …….

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I saw the last 15 mins of the first half and couldn’t believe how poor Huddersfield were. It was laughable. It looked like we’d score every time we attacked.

It was one of the worst performances I think that I have seen (zero pressure on the ball, massive spaces for all of our players and huge gaps in behind their defence as you say) and we have witnessed a few…..
    Can I just ask why, in your opinion, every team we beat are crap ? Surely by the law of averages, in at least one or two games City must have won because they played well ?