+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When was the last time we won 4-0 away from home in the league?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: When was the last time we won 4-0 away from home in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Eric

If you were to draw a grid of 25 squares with goals for on one axis, and goals against on the other (up to 4 in each direction) and then put a tick in each box where we have had that result against a given team in home or away matches (so one grid per club we've played against)

1) have we ever completed our bingo card;
    2) whose bingo card would have been filled first;
    3) how many bingo cards have we filled;
    4) have we completed a 36 square bingo card (ie 5 goals each side)

Thank you
    1) No
    2) n/a
    3) None
    4) No

I'm sure we would have filled quite a few 16 square grids, but the biggest problem is scoring or conceding 4. Take wins - we've beaten Millwall 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and drawn 4-4, but not won 4-3. We've failed to record a 4-2 win over Bristol Rovers despite a 4-4 and wins of 4-0, 4-1 and 4-3. Carlisle have been beaten 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and 4-3 but there's no 4-4 draw.

Without much more time to look over these, I reckon that the most complete bingo card would be at least 4 or 5 squares short of completion, but I will have a look another time.

Re: When was the last time we won 4-0 away from home in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    1) No
    2) n/a
    3) None
    4) No

I'm sure we would have filled quite a few 16 square grids, but the biggest problem is scoring or conceding 4. Take wins - we've beaten Millwall 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and drawn 4-4, but not won 4-3. We've failed to record a 4-2 win over Bristol Rovers despite a 4-4 and wins of 4-0, 4-1 and 4-3. Carlisle have been beaten 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and 4-3 but there's no 4-4 draw.

Without much more time to look over these, I reckon that the most complete bingo card would be at least 4 or 5 squares short of completion, but I will have a look another time.
    Actually, it was pretty easy to sort through.

Burnley are the closest side to completing the bingo card. We're short of 4-2 and 4-3 wins and a 4-4 draw.

Coventry City, Fulham, Leicester City, Luton Town, Manchester City, Sheffield United and Watford have 20 squares complete.

Burnley, Coventry City, Preston North End, Reading, Sheffield United and West Bromwich Albion have all completed their 16 square card.