+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 192

Thread: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

  1. #1

    20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    just a heads up for those going to the game from the west and the east on the M4 this saturday there is a planned M4 20mph protest


    Not sure exactly what time this is planned but plan ahead if going to the game coming either way


    https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ow-m4-weekend/

  2. #2

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just a heads up for those going to the game from the west and the east on the M4 this saturday there is a planned M4 20mph protest


    Not sure exactly what time this is planned but plan ahead if going to the game coming either way


    https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ow-m4-weekend/
    Surely that is highly dangerous ffs why didn't they protest when it was announced in the manifesto

  3. #3

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Surely that is highly dangerous ffs why didn't they protest when it was announced in the manifesto
    Given the max speed I doubt anyone would notice.

  4. #4

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Fair play anyone taking part in that has reached new heights of complete and utter loser behaviour.

    Get a hobby ffs.

  5. #5

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Be about ten dawdling cars, people huff and puff but when it comes to the crunch they’re, “I would have been there but……….”

  6. #6

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Be about ten dawdling cars, people huff and puff but when it comes to the crunch they’re, “I would have been there but……….”
    The last protest was quite significant the traffic was slow for about 4 junctions west bound I was driving in the opposite direction and initially thought there was a traffic accident.

  7. #7

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Be about ten dawdling cars, people huff and puff but when it comes to the crunch they’re, “I would have been there but……….”
    There was a hell of a lot more than ten cars last time and this one is bringing people over from the other side of the bridge and is combined with a ULEZ protest. It has also been better planned and advertised and is travelling from both directions at the same time.

  8. #8

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Surely that is highly dangerous ffs why didn't they protest when it was announced in the manifesto
    Another one who thinks 465000 people are idiots. Plus what did it actually say in the manifesto ? It certainly didn't say that we would end up with the shambles that we have got and that it would adversely affect peoples lives and businesses in the way that it is.

  9. #9

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair play anyone taking part in that has reached new heights of complete and utter loser behaviour.

    Get a hobby ffs.
    At least the people taking part have the courage of their convictions, unlike people like you who just sit on the sidelines carping. I would think that the fact that 465000 people (or utter losers in your world) have signed the petition might have also given you a clue that you might be in a severe minority with your opinion.

  10. #10
    First Team Heathblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melmac, Aldente Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    4,805

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just a heads up for those going to the game from the west and the east on the M4 this saturday there is a planned M4 20mph protest


    Not sure exactly what time this is planned but plan ahead if going to the game coming either way


    https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ow-m4-weekend/
    Have been hoping to able to do it for years, and got the train today to try out the commute, Alarm at 05.30 06.20 train from High Level, in the office having a cuppa by 07.45, 16.55 train home having tea at 18.10, when its raining and windy I'll use the car, other than that, will be the choo choo, no M4, No Corryton roundabout, No. merge in pal £9.0 sovs a day but it does cost me 3 sovs a day to park when taking car so little bit more expensive but not deal breaking. and stress free if the fkin drivers don't decide to strike again

  11. #11

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    At least the people taking part have the courage of their convictions, unlike people like you who just sit on the sidelines carping. I would think that the fact that 465000 people (or utter losers in your world) have signed the petition might have also given you a clue that you might be in a severe minority with your opinion.
    Of course you feel the same for 'Just Stop Oil' or 'Extinction Rebellion' ctivists who may undertake similar measures?

  12. #12

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There was a hell of a lot more than ten cars last time and this one is bringing people over from the other side of the bridge and is combined with a ULEZ protest. It has also been better planned and advertised and is travelling from both directions at the same time.
    You taking part?

  13. #13

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Another massive damp squib no doubt. These people need to be places, and quickly.

  14. #14

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    I hope Drakeford makes a law that The M4 speed limit is 20mph-Just for this weekend. They'll all be going 70 if he does that.

  15. #15

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    What a great idea, protest about new lower speed limits by driving slowly when you dint need to! Idiots.

  16. #16

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Was planning to attend the game from over the bridge but might give it a miss because of this. Train would be an option for any other game but it’ll be full of Worzels on Saturday!

  17. #17

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Another one who thinks 465000 people are idiots. Plus what did it actually say in the manifesto ? It certainly didn't say that we would end up with the shambles that we have got and that it would adversely affect peoples lives and businesses in the way that it is.
    Okay where did I call people idiots - you love picking a fight don't you

    Tell you what why don't you look up the manifesto for yourself and enjoy your 20mph crawl on Saturday as I assume you are joining in - me I'm catching the train to watch the football and spend sometime with mates

  18. #18

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    At least the people taking part have the courage of their convictions, unlike people like you who just sit on the sidelines carping. I would think that the fact that 465000 people (or utter losers in your world) have signed the petition might have also given you a clue that you might be in a severe minority with your opinion.
    Reading not your strong point? My response was to the people protesting by slowing down on the motorway, not any petition.

    As it goes I don't think the people who have signed the petition are losers, rather, entitled morons.

    Also 465000 is still a minority of the Welsh population.

    Hope that clears things up for you

  19. #19

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Like the good socialist he is - Drakeford lives on Cathedral road (aka Millionaires row)
    They should do a demo on Cathedral road, the problem is - his mate, Labour councillor - Caro Wild has just spent £1,000,000 on a bus lane (that saves 30 seconds bus time) whilst at the same time causes traffic jams on Cathedral road and more air pollution. As well as removing available parking outside peoples homes - the bus lane is an absolute success at the Senedd - as they all pat Drakey on the back for saving 30 seconds (and saving the planet as well - obviously)

  20. #20

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The last protest was quite significant the traffic was slow for about 4 junctions west bound I was driving in the opposite direction and initially thought there was a traffic accident.
    Gave the Rotherham game a swerve I guess.

  21. #21

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    I only really get to drive, or even be in a car that isn’t a taxi, when I’m back in Wales. Last time doing so was not too soon after the 20mph change came in. Can only speak from my limited and personal experience of course but the effect felt pretty limited for me, mainly having to be a bit slower and a bit more considerate in built up areas.

    The protest does have the feel of something almost performance art or Monty Python-esque about it. Safety concerns aside, as long as it’s peaceful civil disobedience then protest away I guess.

  22. #22

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Like the good socialist he is - Drakeford lives on Cathedral road (aka Millionaires row)
    They should do a demo on Cathedral road, the problem is - his mate, Labour councillor - Caro Wild has just spent £1,000,000 on a bus lane (that saves 30 seconds bus time) whilst at the same time causes traffic jams on Cathedral road and more air pollution. As well as removing available parking outside peoples homes - the bus lane is an absolute success at the Senedd - as they all pat Drakey on the back for saving 30 seconds (and saving the planet as well - obviously)
    I imagine if Cathedral road is busy, it'll save buses much more than 30 seconds.

    Some will disagree here, but there's no way the rate of road building can match the increasing number of cars on the road, meaning roads get clogged up. There has to be other options instead of just building more roads, particuarly where it's impossible to do so.

    People moan that public transport isn't good enough to leave the car at home, yet those same people moan when public transport priority measures are implemented.

  23. #23

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I imagine if Cathedral road is busy, it'll save buses much more than 30 seconds.

    Some will disagree here, but there's no way the rate of road building can match the increasing number of cars on the road, meaning roads get clogged up. There has to be other options instead of just building more roads, particuarly where it's impossible to do so.

    People moan that public transport isn't good enough to leave the car at home, yet those same people moan when public transport priority measures are implemented.
    Living in England I don't have much of a dog in this fight but it it quite amusing watching people concurrently whinging about a speed limit restriction that slows twenty people in cars by 30 seconds then about 20 or so people on a bus going 30 seconds quicker down a similar street!

  24. #24

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Living in England I don't have much of a dog in this fight but it it quite amusing watching people concurrently whinging about a speed limit restriction that slows twenty people in cars by 30 seconds then about 20 or so people on a bus going 30 seconds quicker down a similar street!
    How dare public transport offer a viable alternative!

  25. #25

    Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Living in England I don't have much of a dog in this fight but it it quite amusing watching people concurrently whinging about a speed limit restriction that slows twenty people in cars by 30 seconds then about 20 or so people on a bus going 30 seconds quicker down a similar street!
    This reads rather like a riddle and I'm not sure I get it! 🤔

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •