+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I didn’t , I went to the match with my wife and family and a few friends

Just don’t distract from the fact that 400,000 plus of the electorate are not happy with the diktat. Just because its a click of a mouse button doesn’t mean it’s any less democratic.
    Ah that's a shame I just presumed you did. If something bothered me that much I would have.
    As it goes they were done and dusted within walking distance of the ground two hours before the game, could've got a meal in with the family and friends and still had time to spare

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    There are unconfirmed report that the protestors were chanting "From the river to the sea, Welsh roads will be free..."

I'm expecting a nervous breakdown of epic proportions from some contributors of this board. They're obviously calling for Drakeford to be wiped off the face of the earth.

I myself are livid about this and care not one iota that driving at a stupidly slow speed on a motorway could indeed cost lives.

It's not really on is it?
    They're obviously calling for Drakeford to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Just out of office would do, and banned from Wales would be a bonus.

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    just as an aside, I read the live reporting of the South Wales protest and I encourage you to read it in full. But the highlights:

10:47 - They're off - entered the m4
    10:50 - The convoy seems to have broken up
    10:55 - the go-slow protestors are not going slow (did they forget?)
    11:03 - the police are leading the protestors off at the A48 exit at Cardiff. There seems to be some confusion because some thought they would be going down the a470!
    11:07 the "go slow" protestors are now being forced to go slow because the traffic is already so bad
    12:46 Protesters gather outside senedd. Annette Jones who organised the convoy said "Drakeford and mr waters gave us a month and (said) we'll be used to it but the turn out today, more than the last convoy - people are certainly not getting used to it and getting more angry and frustrated. Our voices are not being listened to".

The number of protestors outside the senedd? Less than 50.
    At this point, someone's waving a "Welsh Lives Matter" flag. FML.

After posing for photos outside the Senedd, protesters engaged in a discussion about how to proceed with with further protests. Some suggested arranging a piss up in a brewery may be more of a success.

If that's the country up in arms, I think maybe people don't care as much as we think.
    Because it's pointless it's a dictatorship, they don't care what people think.

how did this protest go anyway? doesn't seem to have garnered much attention?

I read somewhere that the protest in North Wales was attended by 3 cars !

Hopefully all this will die down now.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Because it's pointless it's a dictatorship, they don't care what people think.
    Why did they all click their mouse buttons in anger then if there's no point?
    Surely, like you, they should have got up saturday morning and done something, given that the majority of Wales is up in arms
    Although yes, comical, I do feel sorry for you and the other 49 who were badly let down on Saturday.

I've got a long memory and these protests reminds me of the protests over petrol prices in 2001.
    The thing then was political posturing by a handful of people, mainly farmers, designed to try to bring down a popular Labour government.
    Exactly the same now. On the back of ULEZ, AndrewRTDavies saw an opportunity to damage the Labour Government in Cardiff, despite having wholeheartedly endorsed the policy.
    The law is not perfect, but it is designed to save lives and not line the pockets of its donors and supporters.
    Of you don't like it complain to your AM and if that doesn't change things the way you would like them to, vote for the party who will abolish these 20mph limits at the next Senedd elections.

Ah that's a shame I just presumed you did. If something bothered me that much I would have.
    As it goes they were done and dusted within walking distance of the ground two hours before the game, could've got a meal in with the family and friends and still had time to spare
    Who said it bothered that much , clearly it bothers you more knowing that you have difficulties accepting other peoples views.

Must be tough for you at times.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Who said it bothered that much , clearly it bothers you more knowing that you have difficulties accepting other peoples views.

Must be tough for you at times.
    I’ve said quite a number of times that I’ve teetered on the edge with this one, have listened to lots of views about it, and as a motorist it can be a bit frustrating but as a father I’ve concluded I’m pleased with it.

Quite accepting that other people will have other views (given it took me a while to get to this point) but when you and others talk about 400k people knowing how to use a mouse as being the majority of Wales, it’s a bit farcical that less than 50 people turn up to a protest about it, on a Saturday..

I’ve said quite a number of times that I’ve teetered on the edge with this one, have listened to lots of views about it, and as a motorist it can be a bit frustrating but as a father I’ve concluded I’m pleased with it.

Quite accepting that other people will have other views (given it took me a while to get to this point) but when you and others talk about 400k people knowing how to use a mouse as being the majority of Wales, it’s a bit farcical that less than 50 people turn up to a protest about it, on a Saturday..
    Did they need to turn up, probably not , moreover ,if you’re taking about farcical, the whole Welsh Assembly was voted in by 51/49% with a record low turnout. (They should have another referendum) and the 400,000 signatures are likely to be ignored.

International

Why did they all click their mouse buttons in anger then if there's no point?
    Surely, like you, they should have got up saturday morning and done something, given that the majority of Wales is up in arms
    Although yes, comical, I do feel sorry for you and the other 49 who were badly let down on Saturday.
    I wouldn't waste my time you loon, why would anyone?

Half a million have told him they don't like it, they don't care they have thickos like you that agree with anything he tells you.

I wouldn't waste my time you loon, why would anyone?

Half a million have told him they don't like it, they don't care they have thickos like you that agree with anything he tells you.
    Not sure that throwing insults adds anything to your argument but each to their own.
    Given the amount of time you spend bringing up 20mph in any post that you can, it clearly means a lot to you, so I presumed you'd have gone to a protest, that's all.

International

Not sure that throwing insults adds anything to your argument but each to their own.
    Given the amount of time you spend bringing up 20mph in any post that you can, it clearly means a lot to you, so I presumed you'd have gone to a protest, that's all.
    No I will never protest in my life it's a waste of time, most politicians do what they like but, hopefully, people raising the subject regularly on message boards and social media will cost them votes and their jobs.

I would imagine that constantly reading how fed up people are would have a greater impact than a few sados crawling down the motorway.

No I will never protest in my life it's a waste of time, most politicians do what they like but, hopefully, people raising the subject regularly on message boards and social media will cost them votes and their jobs.

I would imagine that constantly reading how fed up people are would have a greater impact than a few sados crawling down the motorway.
    That's fair enough, totally disagree but if you don't want to protest that's up to you. Can't fault your online commitment that's for sure.
    It has to be said though that of the 400k, even 1% of the online clicks had turned up to protest, it would've been very noticeable. Imagine if 1% of the majority had turned up, not just the clickers. The fact that less than 50 people turned up (and even managed to balls that up), gives the impression to people like me that generally, most people couldn't care less.

Not sure why we need to take the piss out of people that feel strongly enough to protest, even if it's something you don't agree with (within reason of course). Good on them, Wales/UK needs far more of these people. Most of us just eat shit from WAG/Central government. Particularly in Wales with the one party state we have.

People taking the piss probably wouldn't show up to a cause they were interested in either.

I'm on the fence about the 20, I don't think it is particularly necessary but on most of my routes I'm also well used to barely getting above that anyway. I didn't sign the petition but it's very clear why far far more people will do that than want to show up and drive 20 on the m4 or even show up anywhere physically.

I'm more against the shambles of how they have deployed it, some roads still not fully signed correctly throughout, others dip in and out of 30 with no noticeable difference to the nature of the street. Just feels like as with most things by WAG it's half arsed. If you're doing it at least do it properly.

In 2021, the number of people eligible to vote in Wales was just under 2,350,000 according to this (presumably, it’s risen slightly since then).

https://www.gov.wales/electoral-roll-2021

If we make the questionable assumption that all who have signed the petition are eligible to vote in Wales, that means that around twenty per cent of Welsh voters have signed it. That hardly justifies the triumphalist tone of a small minority on here who talk as if the whole country is up in arms about the new speed limit.

I’ll repeat that my view is that the 20 mph I speed limit is uncalled for, but I’m not that bothered about it and the sort of Party politicking seen from some on here only makes me less likely to sign any petition .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In 2021, the number of people eligible to vote in Wales was just under 2,350,000 according to this (presumably, it’s risen slightly since then).

If we make the questionable assumption that all who have signed the petition are eligible to vote in Wales, that means that around twenty per cent of Welsh voters have signed it. That hardly justifies the triumphalist tone of a small minority on here who talk as if the whole country is up in arms about the new speed limit.

I’ll repeat that my view is that the 20 mph I speed limit is uncalled for, but I’m not that bothered about it and the sort of Party politicking seen from some on here only makes me less likely to sign any petition .
    I think most people have realised how little it effects their day to day lives by now.

International

In 2021, the number of people eligible to vote was just under 2,350,000 according to this (presumably, it’s risen slightly since then).

Give it a rest Bob, if you've ventured outside the house and spoken to drivers 90% will tell you how stupid it is.

By that daft logic, most people in Wales think murders are great because they haven't signed a petition saying they are against murder!

Give it a rest Bob, if you've ventured outside the house and spoken to drivers 90% will tell you how stupid it is.

By that daft logic, most people in Wales think murders are great because they haven't signed a petition saying they are against murder!
    You're calling out Tobw for making a questionable assumption, then make one of your own. 😁

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You're calling out Tobw for making a questionable assumption, then make one of your own. ��
    No for talking nonsense and correcting him by pointing out how daft the logic was.

He's conflicted on this, he knows deep down it was daft and not a priority but he's trying to find ways to back it as it's Drippy's policy.

He's good on the football mind

Give its rest - so says the bloke who has spent more time rabbiting on about this than any one else on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You're calling out Tobw for making a questionable assumption, then make one of your own. ��
    No, be fair, he’s probably spoken to every driver in Wales and that ninety per cent figure is accurate

No, be fair, he’s probably spoken to every driver in Wales and that ninety per cent figure is accurate
    Hence such a big turnout at the protest

Hence such a big turnout at the protest
    You've had a stormer in this thread, had me chuckling away

Wales is literally the butt of a theme parks joke now..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...offer-28009179