+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimitrios Goutas

Dimitrios Goutas

Surely even the miserable bastards on here would admit that Goutas has been a great signing.

Are we allowed to be happy now?

Did Bulut do something good?

Re: Dimitrios Goutas

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Surely even the miserable bastards on here would admit that Goutas has been a great signing.

Are we allowed to be happy now?

Did Bulut do something good?

Let's see where we are by the end of the season. Sorry if that's a bit pragmatic, but it's easy to say a player is great after a handful of good games and a goal. If we get a full season out of him in his current form then that will be fantastic.

It's just as easy to label greatness on a player after a few good games as it is to call one shit after a few poor ones.

Saw Goutas included in a Preston fan’s online Championship team of the season a couple of days ago and he and Ng appear to be the two City players who tend to get considered for these type of things. Goutas’ off the line clearance on Tuesday was another example of the last ditch defending he appears to excel at. He’s definitely been better than I thought he’d be and, although this is a bit of a subjective table, he and Ng’s presence in the top ten suggests both of them are doing something right.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2023-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's see where we are by the end of the season. Sorry if that's a bit pragmatic, but it's easy to say a player is great after a handful of good games and a goal. If we get a full season out of him in his current form then that will be fantastic.

It's just as easy to label greatness on a player after a few good games as it is to call one shit after a few poor ones.
    Ff sake

He's done very well.

Has been a good replacement for kipre. Defends well, it's also nice to see us as a set piece threat again and the way he attacks the ball helps with that.

Bulut has also done very well so far, considering where we were most of last season.

Compared to last season we look much better pretty much all over the pitch. Granted it's still early.

I'm happy, even with the Ramsey signing I had us as strugglers.

Biggest improvement for me is going to home games believing we may just get something.

He had a few ropey games early on but has come good.

He still has some areas of his game to improve on but as Bob said some areas he does excel at

Do we apply the same logic to the players not playing as well and give them the full season before calling them rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's done very well.

Has been a good replacement for kipre. Defends well, it's also nice to see us as a set piece threat again and the way he attacks the ball helps with that.

Bulut has also done very well so far, considering where we were most of last season.

Compared to last season we look much better pretty much all over the pitch. Granted it's still early.

I'm happy, even with the Ramsey signing I had us as strugglers.

Biggest improvement for me is going to home games believing we may just get something.
    On the subject of Kipre, he came off with a knee injury on Tuesday and the West Brom manager was talking in terms of him being out for months after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He had a few ropey games early on but has come good.

He still has some areas of his game to improve on but as Bob said some areas he does excel at
    I don’t see that, you have a player having to deal with a whole host of things when they move.
    In his case new country, new language, new league etc, he just needed a bit of time to settle.
    Both him and Siopis have been great signings for us

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Do we apply the same logic to the players not playing as well and give them the full season before calling them rubbish?
    Absolutely not!!

10 minutes is normally plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I don’t see that, you have a player having to deal with a whole host of things when they move.
    In his case new country, new language, new league etc, he just needed a bit of time to settle.
    A new country and league doesn't change getting caught on the ball and someone running in behind you.

It's the same in every country.

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A new country and league doesn't change getting caught on the ball and someone running in behind you.

It's the same in every country.
    His switch to the right side has made a massive improvement, I doubted him early on, but now he's on the right he is a great defender and we are lucky to have him. Well done Bulut, him and Siopis were fantastic signings.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    His switch to the right side has made a massive improvement, I doubted him early on, but now he's on the right he is a great defender and we are lucky to have him. Well done Bulut, him and Siopis were fantastic signings.
    Agreed. I was calling him out the first few games, but since then he has been our best defender imo.

That's fair enough Eric! And partly why I went fishing. I remember seeing negative posts about him after a handful of bad games (by the usual suspects) so I thought I'd do the opposite for the other end of the spectrum.

Here's hoping he keeps it up!

He and McGuinness are forming a very good partnership. They've been helped also by Siopis cleaning up in front of them and giving us the kind of midfield dynamism we haven't had for a very long time. Our ability to keep the ball and not get played through so easily takes so much pressure off the defenders

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Exactly this…..big move to a new country.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He and McGuinness are forming a very good partnership. They've been helped also by Siopis cleaning up in front of them and giving us the kind of midfield dynamism we haven't had for a very long time. Our ability to keep the ball and not get played through so easily takes so much pressure off the defenders
    When did we last have a player like Siopis?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When did we last have a player like Siopis?
    Medel. To a lesser extent Craig Bryson. I reckon Siopis is better than both of them, or he has been for us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Medel. To a lesser extent Craig Bryson. I reckon Siopis is better than both of them, or he has been for us.
    Medel was miles better, Siopis is great at this lower level though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Medel was miles better, Siopis is great at this lower level though.
    If we did manage to get back into the Premier League, I think Siopis would be a player we could rely on
    All hypothetical atm

Looked utter shit in the first few games but he has turned out very nicely. Hopefully he can keep improving too

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Looked utter shit in the first few games but he has turned out very nicely. Hopefully he can keep improving too
    He mentioned that the most difficult player he’s faced so far is Sinclair Armstrong , which coincides within his worst match

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He mentioned that the most difficult player he’s faced so far is Sinclair Armstrong , which coincides within his worst match
    Sinclair Atmstrong, the man who plays like a world beater against us and, seemingly, does bugger all against everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sinclair Atmstrong, the man who plays like a world beater against us and, seemingly, does bugger all against everyone else.
    the opposition can make a player look like a world beater or a broom beater (i dunno just run with it)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's scored 1 goal in 32 Appearances for QPR.