+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colwill and Robinson

Colwill and Robinson

There were a lot of fans who felt that Bulut had gone too far with his recent criticism of both Robinson and Colwill, but to me, the last two games have proved his point. Both have knuckled down, done what they were asked to do, and have both made big contributions, and scored important goals. Maybe Bulut was right all along?

Re: Colwill and Robinson

I agree, and also think he knew he needed at least one of them to pick up some form if we were to improve, I think they have both reacted well.

I guess you can also make a case that they would have done this without the comments and should have been playing all along.

We won’t know, but let’s hope the goals keep coming along with the wins.

It seems the worse thing to have come out of the comments are a couple of fans have had their feels hurt.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There were a lot of fans who felt that Bulut had gone too far with his recent criticism of both Robinson and Colwill, but to me, the last two games have proved his point. Both have knuckled down, done what they were asked to do, and have both made big contributions, and scored important goals. Maybe Bulut was right all along?
    Of course they have and it was obvious they would at least try to improve.

There were a few still crying over Morison telling Watters off so jumped on this without engaging their brains, most good Managers challenge their players.

Bulut has done a fantastic job so far.

I really like the thought of Colwill being on the pitch but I think he is usually very profligate in losing possession.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    To be fair, Robinson has always done well for us when fit and played regularly. Colwill also had an extremely good game vs Birmingham in the league cup with a goal and an assist before he got chewed out. I think if both had been played more this season we'd have seen these performances sooner.

Not to say there wasn't room for improvement in them both though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    To be fair, Robinson has always done well for us when fit and played regularly. Colwill also had an extremely good game vs Birmingham in the league cup with a goal and an assist before he got chewed out. I think if both had been played more this season we'd have seen these performances sooner.

Not to say there wasn't room for improvement in them both though.
    They are both good players and we need to try and fit them in when we can, I'm sure that's what Bulut wants.

He needed them to work harder on the other side of their game, as with the whole squad, and that seems to be working we started the season conceding three goals a game (granted against top teams away) but gradually they are reducing and clean sheets are becoming much more regular. If we keep to our two goals a game we should have quite a season.

We still have Rambo and O'Dowda to come back and talk of Keiffer's new house in Cardiff is growing by the day, fingers are crossed there is some truth in them!

I can't wait for next week's team selection, it's going to be really interesting?

We always knew Robbo and Colwill have the goods to be very effective players but they've both up their game when not in possession.I have noted also last saturday that the Gaffer was able to replace like for like when the energy levels dropped off a bit and Bristol were starting to threaten.Round pegs in round holes was nice to see for a change and remembering that the first choice starters of Bowler,Robbo and Mietie are all coming back from long term injuries/long term inactivity don't have to be flogged to death.

Wasn't there already a Colwill and Robinson thread? Or was it Robinson and Colwill, in which case you're forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree, and also think he knew he needed at least one of them to pick up some form if we were to improve, I think they have both reacted well.

I guess you can also make a case that they would have done this without the comments and should have been playing all along.

We won’t know, but let’s hope the goals keep coming along with the wins.

It seems the worse thing to have come out of the comments are a couple of fans have had their feels hurt.
    True, but we see very little of what goes on at the club. The days of players training hard and playing well being enough are long gone.

Modern players now have to contribute to team meetings, keep a track of their diet, take part in media and community activities and other bits and bobs.

Who knows what the criticism was really about?

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Wasn't there already a Colwill and Robinson thread? Or was it Robinson and Colwill, in which case you're forgiven.
    There was but this one is far more constructive with good replies and the benefit of hindsight where the players look to be running their bollox off and after a week when we've scored six, conceded ZERO, won two out of two home, and away, and have an extra week to work on Buluts tactics.

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    We always knew Robbo and Colwill have the goods to be very effective players but they've both up their game when not in possession.I have noted also last saturday that the Gaffer was able to replace like for like when the energy levels dropped off a bit and Bristol were starting to threaten.Round pegs in round holes was nice to see for a change and remembering that the first choice starters of Bowler,Robbo and Mietie are all coming back from long term injuries/long term inactivity don't have to be flogged to death.
    Good points, good post!

We've got a lot of cover for most positions, but need Kieffer or better and a solid left back to challenge and cover for Collins.

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    True, but we see very little of what goes on at the club. The days of players training hard and playing well being enough are long gone.

Modern players now have to contribute to team meetings, keep a track of their diet, take part in media and community activities and other bits and bobs.

Who knows what the criticism was really about?
    Thats true, there is so much us fans will know nothing about!