+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange Encounters.

Re: Strange Encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I bumped into Malcolm Clarke by Cardiff Castle in about 1968 and got his autograph.
    Could that be considered a "strange encounter'? I mean he played for Cardiff City at that time, possibly living in or very near Cardiff. He was out for a stroll.

The OP encountered the Brazillian superstar Eder walking the streets of Llanedeyrn - highly unexpected, I think most would agree.

Mentioned befor e that Gareth Edwards took my class for a games lesson in about 1968 when he was a student teacher (he was much nicer than the other student teacher who took the lesson, he was a nobody who thought he was chocolate), Edwards organised a rugby game between the school team and the rest and made me captain of the rest, presumably because he thought I’d be good because I could name all of the playing positions from one to fifteen…….then he saw me play

First Team

Playing rugby for Llantwit against Neath Athletic an ageing tall gent strolled onto the pitch who looked somewhat familiar.

It was Tosh who had just been sacked by the Jack's and for some bizarre reason was turning g out for Neath.

He was actually quite good and the Wales Today cameras turned up .

James Dean Bradfield in Tesco Western Ave on a Sunday morning.
    Alan McGee at a Happy Mondays gig.
    Stood next to Shane Williams in the urinals at the CIA - he's tiny.
    Marcus Trescothick at Legoland.

Stirling Mortlock, bald and at the time captain of Australia rugby team. Sunday after Wales Oz game clocked buying hair dye in Boots, Queen St.

I was an apprentice electrician in 70's working on street lights in Radyr. A dog came up to me and Willie Anderson came out of a house to collect him

Bobby Woodruff at a Tom Jones concert in 1971 at the Capitol Theatre, on Queen Street. I was 11 at the time and got Bobby to autograph my dads Tom Jones programme.

I mentioned this to Bobby many years later. He told me he had managed to exchange two tickets for Tom Jones (as it sold out) with the manger of Tito's for two tickets for the Real Madrid game.
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 30-10-23 at 09:06. Reason: sPelluNG

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Saw the bloke who played Jimmy Corkhill in WHSmith Queen Street. I pointed and said "it's Jimmy Corkhill!" but he was nice about it.

I saw going into club on Mount Pleasant in Liverpool a good few years back and I was a bit cruel. I shouted ‘It’s Billy Corkhill’ and he indignantly replied ‘Jimmy!!!!’. He did take it in good heart even though there was a bit of laughter.

Just thought of another strange encounter. Whilst in the toilets at Majorca airport, I noticed a small, hairy creature standing at the urinal next to mine. It was a certain Bill Oddie. We knew he was on the island because word had been passed around by the birdwatching fraternity that he had been filming. He was famously spiky so I chose not to enter into conversation with him. I saw him again later with his suitcase, which had something like "THIS IS NOT YOURS" emblazoned on it.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I was in the Plough in Whitchurch one Christmas Eve.

Next to me at the bar was Iwan Rheon who played Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones. We had a chat. Told I thought Misfits was rank. Nice bloke.

Went into the back bar and there was that bloke who played superman (Henry Cavell) with his mum and dad and with him were the man and woman (Elizabeth and Phil) who played husband and wife in The Americans.

Bit of a coincidence I thought. That they were in there at the same time.

A hotel I was staying at, in London, had a doubles bar in it, so taking advantage of their hospitality I made my way there.

Sat having a quality whiskey, when who walks in and sits on the stool beside me, none other than, Sir Gary Sobers.

Spent a good hour in his company, wonderful man

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    A hotel I was staying at, in London, had a doubles bar in it, so taking advantage of their hospitality I made my way there.

Sat having a quality whiskey, when who walks in and sits on the stool beside me, none other than, Sir Gary Sobers.

Spent a good hour in his company, wonderful man
    Is that him in your photo?

Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics buying a CD in HMV Queen Street
    Gary Rhodes in a lift in an office block in London
    Kelly Monteith in queue at the Hard Rock in London
    Rhodri Morgan coming out of the Coop in Danescourt

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    James Dean Bradfield in Tesco Western Ave on a Sunday morning.
    Alan McGee at a Happy Mondays gig.
    Stood next to Shane Williams in the urinals at the CIA - he's tiny.
    Marcus Trescothick at Legoland.
    Alright, no need to cockshame, it's just a light-hearted thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I remember meeting some random bloke in a pub in Bridgend some years ago, I didn't catch his name. By all accounts he was well known for going around the local bars looking for any single women. This night, in the pub across the road from the bus station, he'd pulled on this rare occasion. He was on cloud nine - his chest, and anatomy, stood out proud.

He'd pulled loopy Linda, late 70s, no teeth, who only went out once a week when ham, egg and chips was £2.49 on pensioners' day and thought I was interested in this information.

We were to meet several minutes later in the gents' toilets, where, as I entered, he had the bloke with all the skin care and scent products spraying his nether reasons with some eau de toilette. I told him he would be wasting his time - it would have been like separating an old cheese toastie. He went downstairs to find she'd buggered off.

In a pub in Moss Side chatting to a woman who responded to me telling her I was a Cardiff fan with...

That fecker Derek Brazil is my ex boyfriend so tell him I want my couch back when you next go to watch them.

Nobody famous but definitely strange!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not unless the gentleman in the photo has done a Michael Jackson lol

I had a shit next to Bryn Terfell in Malaga airport

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I had a shit next to Bryn Terfell in Malaga airport
    Obviously in departures

Me and a mate was driving in the Mojave Desert. Had not seen a car for about 45 mins when in the distance we saw what appeared to be a huge fireball.

On approach, we saw a car on fire and a dishevelled person frantically waving his arms. Obviously we stopped to offer help. Anyway this guy was about to get in the back when we noticed a firearm in his hand as he was about to open the rear door.

We ****ed off sharpish.I feel a **** about it now

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Me and a mate was driving in the Mojave Desert. Had not seen a car for about 45 mins when in the distance we saw what appeared to be a huge fireball.

On approach, we saw a car on fire and a dishevelled person frantically waving his arms. Obviously we stopped to offer help. Anyway this guy was about to get in the back when we noticed a firearm in his hand as he was about to open the rear door.

I find that hard to believe, that you got a mate

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I find that hard to believe, that you got a mate
    that’s the punchline

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Me and a mate was driving in the Mojave Desert. Had not seen a car for about 45 mins when in the distance we saw what appeared to be a huge FIREBALL

Was it an XL5 ??

Close a fireball X5