+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry city next club looking for a manager?

Coventry city next club looking for a manager?

Mark Robins has probably taken them as far as he can
    Currently the longest serving manager in the championship.
    But currently 20th and lost 2-0 to WBA tonight

Re: Coventry city next club looking for a manager?

Eustace seems an obvious one as a former player if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I think he'll be ok. They've not had the best of seasons but their stats aren't too bad, maybe guilty of not taking their chances. Losing Gyokeres has been a big blow.

just changing the subject slightly notice Coventry charging £38 a ticket for the visiting fans last night !

how much did we charge for the Bristol fans on Saturday ?

Robins' summer rebuild has not gone as well as many thought it would. I for one thought Sims and Wright were two very good striker signings, but they're not working so far. I watched the first hour of last night's match and Coventry played some really good football and we're very unlucky to be behind at that stage. Surely though, Robins has more than enough credit in his Coventry account to ride out what is a disappointing first third of the season? I've heard it said quite a few times by Coventry fans that there should be a statue of Robins at whatever their ground is called these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I thought they were aim a similar position last season and came good in the second half of that.
    One of the commentators said last night that they were looking to evolve their style and become a more possession based team.

With what he’s achieved you would think he has earned their respect and patience while they go through this transition?

There again it is football and success must be instant 🤷*♂️

Getting over last years play off final defeat and replacing Gykores and Hamer was always going to be tough. They’ve spent £25m at least in the summer so the pressure is on Robins but I honestly think they should keep with him and I’d expect next season to be better if they can just consolidate this season

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Getting over last years play off final defeat and replacing Gykores and Hamer was always going to be tough. They’ve spent £25m at least in the summer so the pressure is on Robins but I honestly think they should keep with him and I’d expect next season to be better if they can just consolidate this season
    Good post, football management is tough, you sign a couple of good players, play them, and improve them you do really well, then the club sells them and sacks you because you didn't do as well as last season.