+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ugbo's work rate.

International

Ugbo's work rate.

Did anyone else notice how hard he worked when he came on, a few interceptions and helped keep the pressure off in the closing minutes, he worked really hard, did a job for the team and helped out

Re: Ugbo's work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Did anyone else notice how hard he worked when he came on, a few interceptions and helped keep the pressure off in the closing minutes, he worked really hard, did a job for the team and helped out
    Yeah, fair play to him and it's great to see. I think the players are now getting the managers instructions loud and clear. It helps that we now have good competition for those front three places too.

A special shout out though must go to Siopis who came bombing into a sliding tackle with us 2-0 with the game already won in injury time.

I'd like to see Ugbo playing more with Ramsey when the latter returns. Could be interesting

Ugbo had a high work rate early days, the best of the front choices I felt. It dropped off a bit and now seems to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Ugbo had a high work rate early days, the best of the front choices I felt. It dropped off a bit and now seems to be back.
    I did mention in a different thread that he seems to play better with a 10 that is closer to him and when we lost Ramsey and wintle was trying to fulfill that role it didn't work but when we have robinson and or colwill in the last two games it has been better connection between midfield and attack so the hard work is rewarded more

He seemed very isolated in that middle set of games without a "proper" 10

I noticed and commented in another thread. When he entered the field he sprinted on and looked possessed. He really got stuck in and helped the team.

Its good having players fighting for places in many positions.

I’ve always thought he puts a shift in to be honest. Just don’t think it’s his game to hold up and bring others in like Meite has been.