+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading and Sheff Wednesday

Reading and Sheff Wednesday

Looks like HMRC have issued a Winding Up Order against Reading today.

Meanwhile, the Sheffield Wednesday chairman has suggested that 20,000 fans each cough up £100 to cover player wages and a HMRC bill.

Re: Reading and Sheff Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Meanwhile, the Sheffield Wednesday chairman has suggested that 20,000 fans each cough up £100 to cover player wages and a HMRC bill.
    That’s 2 home game tickets at their rates. Bargain.

International

Shame, Swansea next hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s 2 home game tickets at their rates. Bargain.
    They had a net spend of just 1.3m in the summer and are averaging over 25,000 this season. How the hell a club gets into such a mess is beyond me - other than they're paying big wages..

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. This can happen to anyone of the seventy two EFL clubs

Maybe the players have a bit more disposable cash than the average Joe attending a game in Sheffield.

Reading winding up order confirmed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67272618

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I know their rivals but I wouldn’t want them wound up. Without them there’s no longer a rivalry. Wouldn’t want any club to fold.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. This can happen to anyone of the seventy two EFL clubs
    I think you've used the wrong quote, I'm wishing for Swnsea to go out of business not Cardiff, so hopefully it does come true

International

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I know their rivals but I wouldn’t want them wound up. Without them there’s no longer a rivalry. Wouldn’t want any club to fold.
    Yes, they can go they are tramps, and we'd have Bristol, Newport, and Wrexham left

wasn't that long ago it was us in the HMRC bad books constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wasn't that long ago it was us in the HMRC bad books constantly
    People quickly forget how we avoided that

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Reading winding up order confirmed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67272618
    Is Mike Ashley trying to purchase them ?

Who owns reading these days

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Who owns reading these days
    Very good article last week in the the mail on Reading (think it was last week!) Madjeski sold to Russians who in turn sold to Chinese who have gone AWOL. Demo last Sat with some of the same guys and girls who demoed against Maxwell all those years ago when he was threatening Thames Valley to grow out of Reading + Oxford! Sad story.

Really needs our resident Welsh Reading fan to come and explain all to us.

I asked because the bbc story said the owner was called Dai Yongge which sounds scarily like one of our fans taking the Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I know their rivals .
    So do I, it’s us

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I asked because the bbc story said the owner was called Dai Yongge which sounds scarily like one of our fans taking the Mickey
    Funny if he signed rugby coach Dai Young, and his friend died aged 30

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Sorry if it sounds a bit pedantic , but no Winding Up Order has been confirmed. This is confirmation of a Winding Up Petition which is an application for the court to make such an order on a future court hearing date.
    Unfortunately for Reading , with their recent record of similar petitions by HMRC. the insolvency court is unlikely to grant them a stay in the proceedings , so they almost certainly need to pay off HMRC or reach an agreement to pay before the court hearing.

If Liverpool , United or Spurs etc were docked 15 points and got relegated I would 😂

But Reading , Sheffield Wednesday no

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If Liverpool , United or Spurs etc were docked 15 points and got relegated I would 😂

But Reading , Sheffield Wednesday no
    Oh come on Sludge you know the FA only do points deductions for your Luton’s ,Swindon’s, Oldhams and the like 👍

Can see why you don’t like the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Oh come on Sludge you know the FA only do points deductions for your Luton’s ,Swindon’s, Oldhams and the like 👍

Can see why you don’t like the EPL
    Ain't that the truth

Things went very badly downhill when Madejski sold up to Zingarevich around 2012. We won promotion to the PL but the Russian had seemingly no money and sold up to a Thai consortium. They didn't spend much and grabbed the land surrounding the stadium and did pretty well out of it.

They then sold to Dai Yongge and his sister. This fool spent tens of millions on crap players with huge wages. Hopeleas managers and were appointed and our decline set in. The rest as they say..

I fully expect us to go into admin and pick up a huge points deduction with Ashley then buying us at a knockdown price.

We will be in League Two next season and still under a transfer embargo.
    I have pretty much given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Things went very badly downhill when Madejski sold up to Zingarevich around 2012. We won promotion to the PL but the Russian had seemingly no money and sold up to a Thai consortium. They didn't spend much and grabbed the land surrounding the stadium and did pretty well out of it.

They then sold to Dai Yongge and his sister. This fool spent tens of millions on crap players with huge wages. Hopeleas managers and were appointed and our decline set in. The rest as they say..

I fully expect us to go into admin and pick up a huge points deduction with Ashley then buying us at a knockdown price.

We will be in League Two next season and still under a transfer embargo.
    I have pretty much given up.
    Stick with the team boys boyo

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Stick with the team boys boyo
    What's the support been like this season ?

You had a good gate v Pompey? Mind you I suppose that was 2000 away fans which would have been 4000 if you had let them ?