+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rugby at CCS??

Rugby at CCS??

Re: Rugby at CCS??

No thanks. Whats all this ‘judgement day’ crap anyway. The highest Welsh region in the URC is 9th in the table and unlikely to be anywhere near the top next June. Scarlets are rock bottom with a points difference of -87 ! They should call it ‘wooden spoon day’ instead. PS. I know they have only played two games but thats not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If we can make money out of the day when nothing else is on I think that's a no brainer ?

40000 in the principality looks crap , I would imagine 33000 in a a sold out ccs would be good if rugby is your thing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we can make money out of the day when nothing else is on I think that's a no brainer ?

40000 in the principality looks crap , I would imagine 33000 in a a sold out ccs would be good if rugby is your thing
    Weren't you dead against having the upper tier in the Ninian stand only recently? Looks like the extra seating could have made us the money if the egg chooses to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Weren't you dead against having the upper tier in the Ninian stand only recently? Looks like the extra seating could have made us the money if the egg chooses to go there.
    If .......

No issue with it at all. It's an honour for City that we can host such events IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No issue with it at all. It's an honour for City that we can host such events IMO.
    It's hardly prestigious

It's just an end of season piss up

It's hardly prestigious

Lol nothing wrong with a piss up if it's orderly

It's hardly prestigious

It is a big event in the URC actually, but my point is that where else can host it bar the Millennium Stadium? We should be glad we have a decent Stadium

It’s an admission that they can’t fill the Millennium- I’ve no problem with the games being played there.

Not a problem at all.
    Many, if not all, of the stadiums used in the rugby world cup are primarily football grounds.
    The only lovers really are the pubs in town.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not a problem at all.
    Many, if not all, of the stadiums used in the rugby world cup are primarily football grounds.
    The only losers really are the pubs in town.
    Edited

Ideally I'd like to see an end to this judgement day nonsense. But if it's got to be somewhere then I don't see anything wrong with holding it at the ccs

football season is long over by then with more than enough time for the pitch to recover

International

If the income goes against the football club accounts and help us with 'Fair Play' rulings I can't see any reason to say no.

As long as it's end of our season I can't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If the income goes against the football club accounts and help us with 'Fair Play' rulings I can't see any reason to say no.
    £50 or £60 a ticket sounds about fair

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    £50 or £60 a ticket sounds about fair
    The event would probably earn City around ~ £100,000 which is money not accounted for.

Does anybody know how much City receive from the Welsh FA for hosting Wales games. It must be close to £600,000 per annum, all additional revenue streams which is vital for cashflow, especially in the close season.

On, but slightly off topic, I agree if applied to football for all decisions.

TMO.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The event would probably earn City around ~ £100,000
    Last season that would have been spent on 0.834 of Ryan Allsop save.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    On, but slightly off topic, I agree if applied to football for all decisions.

TMO.jpg
    The Kiwis are just bitter because their decades of "slight" cheating is now being pulled up by the TMO. Their first yellow card in the final was pure cheating and dangerous. It should've been a red card.

I don't think VAR should be ditched but refined using increasingly quicker technology.

VAR is awful.

Someone said that the VAR guy should get one look at the incident in real time, not slow motion. That’s it. Any obviously wrong decision would be overturned, otherwise we crack on. I like that idea. Obviously there is a chance the VAR guy could cock it up too but I’m fine with that, we live in an imperfect world.

One replay, full speed, to overturn any obviously horrific on field errors. Otherwise STFU and play on

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No thanks. Whats all this ‘judgement day’ crap anyway. The highest Welsh region in the URC is 9th in the table and unlikely to be anywhere near the top next June. Scarlets are rock bottom with a points difference of -87 ! They should call it ‘wooden spoon day’ instead. PS. I know they have only played two games but thats not the point.
    The point is that the season will be over and it would produce revenue before the pitch gets relaid.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    The point is that the season will be over and it would produce revenue before the pitch gets relaid.
    This. I am very glad we no longer ground share as it obviously damages the pitch. Objecting to rugby being played on it when any damage is irrelevant and puts money in our pocket is daft.