+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My 3 favourite goals of all time (Not CCFC)

My 3 favourite goals of all time (Not CCFC)

All completely different and not in any particular order but all breathtaking in their own way.

Papiss Cisse for Newcastle v Chelsea. Hit from quite near the touchline that bent like no other I've seen. A banana shot +.

Zlatan for Sweden v England. An overhead kick from miles out. Quite extraordinary.

Maradona for Argentina v England. He decided to take on the whole England team (well almost) and made them look like parks footballers.

Re: My 3 favourite goals of all time (Not CCFC)

I still think the goal against Belgium was Maradona's best at the 86 world cup

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    How can it be better than his goal against England? It's the same thing but not as good.

I always preferred it, possibly because it happened first so the England goal was a repeat, but I couldn't honestly tell you why!!!!

Just watched it again for the first time in 30+ years and yeah it's not nearly as good as I remembered 🫢

I always preferred it, possibly because it happened first so the England goal was a repeat, but I couldn't honestly tell you why!!!!

Just watched it again for the first time in 30+ years and yeah it's not nearly as good as I remembered ��
    The England goal happened first. The Belgium goal was the semifinal.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The England goal happened first. The Belgium goal was the semifinal.
    Lol I'll get my coat.

International

Bobby Charlton's goal against Portugal in the 1966 semi-final. In slowmo you can watch it bend round Eusabio as he watches it helplessly.

He was bending his kicks before the balls that made it possible were even being made. truly awesome goal, much as I dislike Manure nd anyone associated with it.

International

Well worth a watch. Great vision and deadly with both feet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyw...el=GiovaSports

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well worth a watch. Great vision and deadly with both feet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyw...el=GiovaSports
    Wow what a player! In terms of his achievements he is (bald) head and shoulders above any footballer from the UK. Only he and Nobby Stiles have won both the World Cup and European Cup but Bobby’s goalscoring record makes him the GOAT of England.

It is quite simply nowhere near as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is quite simply nowhere near as good.
    I know that's why I changed my opinion in my next post.

And before you then tell me the England game was before the Belgium game I now know that too hence the post after!!!
    Think I had a mare here

Lol I'll get my coat.
    Isn't that the one where he runs to the camera and screams with those crazy eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Isn't that the one where he runs to the camera and screams with those crazy eyes?
    Just looked it up and no it wasn't, the crazy eyes goal was vs Greece in 94 when he was bang on the gear.

Personally I think the goal vs England was just pure genius.
    Miles from goal, plenty of players ahead of him and the composure to round Shilton before sliding it home under pressure from defenders desperately trailing in his wake.

Phenomenal 👏

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just looked it up and no it wasn't, the crazy eyes goal was vs Greece in 94 when he was bang on the gear.

Personally I think the goal vs England was just pure genius.
    Miles from goal, plenty of players ahead of him and the composure to round Shilton before sliding it home under pressure from defenders desperately trailing in his wake.

Phenomenal 👏
    Don't you start getting things all wrong as well I've already done that bit!!!