+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The crash detectives

International

The crash detectives

It's a good series, it shows us why driving is so dangerous because there are lunatics out there who will drive while drunk, talking on a mobile phone, and steaming YouTube. This week the episode was so sad that poor families' lives were shattered forever because of one stupid idiot, who will probably be out of jail in less than five years.

It also gave me a better understanding of why the roads are closed so long after all accidents, they are doing an important job looking for evidence.

Re: The crash detectives

I'd recommend The Detectives - Taking down an OCG. It's about drugs lines in Rochdale.
    It's been on BBC2 this week at 9. The final part is tonight i think, but theyre all currentlyon iPlayer.
    Crash detectives is very good.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'd recommend The Detectives - Taking down an OCG. It's about drugs lines in Rochdale.
    It's been on BBC2 this week at 9. The final part is tonight i think, but theyre all currentlyon iPlayer.
    Sounds good, thanks I will look that up

There are some absolute tossers behind the wheel and with the increase of cars on the road it's going to get worse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There are some absolute tossers behind the wheel and with the increase of cars on the road it's going to get worse
    You touch on my gripe.I was putting a rubbish bag in my bin the other day out the front when my head lifted by the noise of a car screeching around the corner (above 20mph) and as well as being on his mobile he had a hole in his exhaust thus making a great deal of noise.Seeing the look of disgust on my face he just grinned and poked his tongue out at me as if to say tough titty pal what are you gonna do about it.This absolute tosser as you put it knew his chances of being caught by the police were slim to nil. Boils my piss-rant over

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You touch on my gripe.I was putting a rubbish bag in my bin the other day out the front when my head lifted by the noise of a car screeching around the corner (above 20mph) and as well as being on his mobile he had a hole in his exhaust thus making a great deal of noise.Seeing the look of disgust on my face he just grinned and poked his tongue out at me as if to say tough titty pal what are you gonna do about it.This absolute tosser as you put it knew his chances of being caught by the police were slim to nil. Boils my piss-rant over
    I was coming out of Bridgend on the A48 the other day and from a distance i could see an idiot overtaking at high speed on the crossed hatches area coming towards me , I just slowed and let him get on with it

Everyone makes mistakes on the road but driving at high speed makes things so much worse if there is a collision

Total fruitloops

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Sounds like he was flirting with you tbh

I think some people are driving more aggressively on local roads due to the 20mph limit. Recently there has been a number of crashes on mountain road in Caerphilly. I didn't recall such regularity prior to the law

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I think some people are driving more aggressively on local roads due to the 20mph limit. Recently there has been a number of crashes on mountain road in Caerphilly. I didn't recall such regularity prior to the law
    Of course they will, it's a disaster, I've seen more overtaking in quiet streets in the last few months than in the last five years, people hardly ever did it before the 20mph decline.

Most people are now back to 30mph, but those that stick to 18 are being beeped and overtaken.

International

I saw the first one, wow Rochdale is like the Wild West, try and bury an axe in someone's head over a road-age incident!

Hopefully as it unfolds they'll jail the lot of them

Did anyone see the Cwmbran and Newport crashes on crash detective?
    Bloke on a motor bike in Newport.Twice the speed limit.Killed.No license .
    Bloke in Cwmbran similar but in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A young man was killed locally recently , he was exiting a side road and was hit side on by a motorcyclist doing 100mph , totally innocent

Fireball , both dead

5 in the morning , no excuses for doing that sort of speed in perfect conditions in daylight

Wtf is going through people's minds

International

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Yes they are shocking, this week was worse I think, three and four-year-old children were killed by a drunk driver it was heartbreaking.

Some bloke up the valleys the other week, hit and killed some poor drunk young lad in the road, claimed he thought he'd hit a fridge, he was drugged up!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes they are shocking, this week was worse I think, three and four-year-old children were killed by a drunk driver it was heartbreaking.

Some bloke up the valleys the other week, hit and killed some poor drunk young lad in the road, claimed he thought he'd hit a fridge, he was drugged up!
    I haven't seen any of it, but I have suggested several times that forcing cars to do 20mph won't stop any of these incidents.

In the list of traffic incidents with casualties and fatalities available for 2022 from statswales, I did a search for some for newspaper accounts for some of the more serious incidents. Dangerous driving appeared to be a common theme. Someone replied in this thread about one incident in the early hours of the morning. I was surprised at how many serious traffic incidents occur when it is dark, particularly in quiet areas where drivers think nobody else is about. Adult pedestrians were often run over late at night, possibly worse for wear and not concentrating on the road.

The Welsh Government's claims about how many lives will be saved and how fewer people will need hospital treatment are a load of bollocks as I don't think they've taken into consideration that you'll get road users who will act dangerously.

I saw the first one, wow Rochdale is like the Wild West, try and bury an axe in someone's head over a road-age incident!

Hopefully as it unfolds they'll jail the lot of them
    I haven't seen the final episode yet but read earlier that the young lad who got attacked with the machete died a few months ago. Never really got over it by the sound of it.

On Tuesday I drove down to the ticket office to pick up our Sjoke tickets, twice I was in a queue of traffic doing 20mph and we were all overtaken by a car on the wrong side of the road.
    Broad daylight and they didn’t give a frigg

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The crash on the mountain had nothing to do with the 20MPH, the drivers a nutter https://caerphilly.observer/news/102...r-after-crash/.

There’s regularly crashes on the at stretch of road, I live there. Before the 20MPH a young lad going home from school was hit by a drug driver and had his foot amputated https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...yards-27389536

The crashes are because some people are absolute idiots.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The crash on the mountain had nothing to do with the 20MPH, the drivers a nutter https://caerphilly.observer/news/102...r-after-crash/.

There’s regularly crashes on the at stretch of road, I live there. Before the 20MPH a young lad going home from school was hit by a drug driver and had his foot amputated https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...yards-27389536

I agree, and that's why the 20mph was a complete waste of time, it just makes safe law-abiding citizens drive slower, the lunatics killing people won't change their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

I agree

The 20 mph is daft but it's not going to lead to more road deaths

Roath deaths are almost exclusively down to excessive speed , drink or drugs or medical conditions

I agree, and that's why the 20mph was a complete waste of time, it just makes safe law-abiding citizens drive slower, the lunatics killing people won't change their behavior.
    I think they should have spent money on more flashing lights recording your spend entering urban areas , it certainly makes me slow down but there seem to be less of them

This is generally enough to bring down people's speed

It's incredible there seems to be less of these

Hopeless idiots

I agree

The 20 mph is daft but it's not going to lead to more road deaths

Roath deaths are almost exclusively down to excessive speed , drink or drugs or medical conditions
    Avoid the Albany Rd & City Rd areas seems the best advice

International

I haven't seen the final episode yet but read earlier that the young lad who got attacked with the machete died a few months ago. Never really got over it by the sound of it.
    Tragic, what a brave young man, his life ruined by drug-running gangland scum!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Avoid the Albany Rd & City Rd areas seems the best advice
    6 cups of high strength java in two hours

My mind was elsewhere

6 cups of high strength java in two hours

My mind was elsewhere

Tragic, what a brave young man, his life ruined by drug-running gangland scum!
    Watched it over the last couple of evenings.
    Absolutely unbelievable, especially the last episode.