+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: STOKE CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: STOKE CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Very good away point and unlucky not to nick the win with that shot from Wintle.

Centre Backs were solid and Ng was class for the most part.

excellent point city

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Perry Ng has turned into a fabulous player.
    Absolutely agree: he's having a ball at the moment. We've got a number of other players who seem to improve every time I see them, Etete is just one example. Given that established players like Ralls and McGuiness also seem to be getting better game by game I think it's fair to say the manager and his background staff must be having a positive influence on them.

Very acceptable...and three clean sheets on the trot.....very encouraging going forward...and Ng increasing in value week by week...

Great to see Etete back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely agree: he's having a ball at the moment. We've got a number of other players who seem to improve every time I see them, Etete is just one example. Given that established players like Ralls and McGuiness also seem to be getting better game by game I think it's fair to say the manager and his background staff must be having a positive influence on them.
    Whatever he's doing Bulut clearly "has" the dressing room. Spirit seems to better than anything we've seen since Warnock's purple patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Very acceptable...and three clean sheets on the trot.....very encouraging going forward...and Ng increasing in value week by week...
    We looked better when Colwill came on, he’s earned the right to start next week against Norwich

from what i saw we should have won. got a point and we didn't expect to be where we are at the start of the season. Team played really well

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Whatever he's doing Bulut clearly "has" the dressing room. Spirit seems to better than anything we've seen since Warnock's purple patch.
    He's raised standards, he's demanding more from players, he's not allowing them to switch off, he's called a few of them out, good, because they needed calling out. I'm not saying that he's the messiah, but he demands hard work and he wont let players get away with not working hard and contributing even if that side of the game is a bit alien to them. We now look like a disciplined outfit where players are playing for each other. That's the basis of a successful team in my opinion.

He’s also in charge of a team that’s going to slide down the table in the next four weeks

Stoke fans on their messageboards have quite a few saying we are a good side at this level and clearly the better side

The table doesn't lie but it's nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He’s also in charge of a team that’s going to slide down the table in the next four weeks
    You're not even trying to hide it now

I don't usually comment on such negative comments but your post is clearly idiotic.

I don't usually comment on such negative comments but your post is clearly idiotic.
    He's a Jack.

You on 'shrooms matey?

We have at home: Norwich, West Brom

Away: Preston, Southampton.

We'll still be in 7th position or thereabouts in four weeks time.

Slide down the table my arse!
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 04-11-23 at 17:56. Reason: sPelluNG

Joint 4th best defence and joint 7th best attack goals....can't complain....

As an aside....how can three Newcastle players be booked for protesting when it SHOULD have been red (not yellow...) for Arsenal player..../ just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a Jack.
    I have always thought that.
    Either that or a prick.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I have always thought that.
    Either that or a prick.
    The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

The bitterness seeps out. It's a dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    You on 'shrooms matey?

We have at home: Norwich, West Brom

Away: Preston, Southampton.

We'll still be in 7th position or thereabouts in four weeks time.

Slide down the table my arse!
    They're actually 4 really tough games.

As an aside....how can three Newcastle players be booked for protesting when it SHOULD have been red (not yellow...) for Arsenal player..../ just ridiculous.
    Because the ref decided it was a Yellow, so they were booked for grizzling too much. Or do you have another set of Football laws in The Dordogne?

Re: FT: STOKE CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Joint 4th best defence and joint 7th best attack goals....can't complain....
    I think these sort of stats back up what we know that this is a capable side

If we are supposed to be looking for a striker then we should also look at midfield and defence

I personally don't think we need any major additions at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because the ref decided it was a Yellow, so they were booked for grizzling too much. Or do you have another set of Football laws in The Dordogne?
    as I said.....should be red....and Newcastle players natural reaction that it was only a yellow.....so several yellows = a probable red?.
    Having said that.....Bruno Guimaraes should also have received a red for a deliberate elbow to the head after the ball had gone...not even punished with a yellow.

as I said.....should be red....and Newcastle players natural reaction that it was only a yellow.....so several yellows = a probable red?.
    Having said that.....Bruno Guimaraes should also have received a red for a deliberate elbow to the head after the ball had gone...not even punished with a yellow.
    You've done me Mo....