+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Last Ever Beatles Song

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Last Ever Beatles Song

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Smiths were one of my favourite 80s bands and if you’re talking about influential acts, they were at the forefront for their time, but comparing them to the Beatles, it’s like the EuropeanConference and the Champions League. The Smiths influenced music, the Beatles influenced life. In a way, I’d like to have been born ten years earlier, so I could have a better memory of what life was like before the Beatles - there were plenty of other reasons why the sixties were such a momentous decade, but the Beatles were right there in the front and centre of it.

Because of this, I can understand the desire fo get the absolute maximum of Beatles product out there, but I’m with Sludge about the track released yesterday - it’s pretty insipid and, in my view, undeserving of all of the hype.
    I don't think it's possible to say The Beatles were THE best band ever as they were not to everybody's taste

I prefer the kinks and the who really rather the beatles early work , the teeny bopper stuff no thanks

But in terms of versatility, melodies and sound once they hit the ground they were incredible

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think it's possible to say The Beatles were THE best band ever as they were not to everybody's taste

I prefer the kinks and the who really rather the beatles early work , the teeny bopper stuff no thanks

But in terms of versatility, melodies and sound once they hit the ground they were incredible
    If that was the case, you need to be to everyone's taste, there would be nowhere close to any band who could be considered that.

So either there is none and there's no way to differentiate between the Beatles and a pub band, or there is. And it has to be the Beatles. There's no other band whose music has appeal to young children, teenagers, young adults, middle aged people, retired people, and so consistently over so many decades.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If that was the case, you need to be to everyone's taste, there would be nowhere close to any band who could be considered that.

So either there is none and there's no way to differentiate between the Beatles and a pub band, or there is. And it has to be the Beatles. There's no other band whose music has appeal to young children, teenagers, young adults, middle aged people, retired people, and so consistently over so many decades.
    It is unique to The Beatles that at any family gathering, party, pub, works radio etc a Beatles song comes on and it seems that nigh on everyone is singing along, regardless of age. Some even unconsciously singing, they just know the words and can’t help themselves. No doubt The Fab Four are the greatest.