+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was this the best kit we have had ?

Re: Was this the best kit we have had ?

The 75 to 77 one for me. The first in the series featuring the white and yellow stripe that ran from 75 to 80. It had the strips on side of shorts too. Great kit.
    Spedger

The 75 to 77 one for me. The first in the series featuring the white and yellow stripe that ran from 75 to 80. It had the strips on side of shorts too. Great kit.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    I've still got my scarf from that era. In fact, I wore it yesterday. It's unusual in that the stripes are horizontal. I got it in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    in the last 40 years modelled by Linden Jones

Any kit with yellow on it is immediately one of the worst, after the red kits. It has bugger all to do with Cardiff City, was unpopular at the time and we only had it because it was cheap dead stock from Umbro

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No contest.
    Attachment 5893
    Great kit

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The colour of the socks might be an age/generational thing as I always feel City should have blue socks? I'm a 70s/80s kid.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Card...rdiff_City.htm

Looking back at Mozzers original pic there was never any yellow until 1977 do must have been Umbro marketing or jazzing up the kit.

It's an iconic kit for City but now the yellow stripe is moithering me for some reason?
    The first blue city kit had black socks I believe, then blue. Predominantly white socks didn’t feature for over 40 years.