+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut pre Stoke press conference

Erol Bulut pre Stoke press conference

On Stoke

It will be a tough game. The last three games they won. It shows how difficult the game will be on Saturday. We are also in a good mood, in a good way, we had a great win in Huddersfield, it was not an easy game even though we scored four goals, but the start was not easy. Then at home against Bristol. A tough game but a good performance from Cardiff City. We expect the same or even more in Stoke.

No goals conceded…

This gives confidence for the team. With this confidence, we have to go to Stoke and show the quality against them.

Unity…

We have showed that we are a team. No one is doing something on their own. We fight together, we win together and we lose together. After the break we didn’t have many good results, but we had four main players from the first XI injured. That’s a big problem.

Rubin, a great goal on the weekend, he says you trust him now?

I trusted him before. But I said exactly what I wanted from him. Offensively we didn’t have a problem. Defensive shape he needed to do more. And quicker, with the ball. I hope he continues like that.

Wales U21s, does that help him?

I think Rubin has to be fully focused on Cardiff City and his job here. When he is doing his job here, maybe he gets some games from the start and then he will also increase his level and he will be important for the Welsh national team. They have good players, Premier League players, quality players. It will not be easy for Rubin to be in but I think he will get his chance.

Injuries, fitness?

Good this time! We don’t have these injuries. Yakou, Kion Etete is back. Only Aaron Ramsey and Callum O’Dowda are still preparing (to get back).

International squads next week, will they be involved?

I think as fans, they can watch the game - I don’t think they can play! They are not at the level right now. Aaron looks like he will be earlier back than how we were expecting. O’Dowda will need more.

Fans forum

It was a great two hours. A lot of questions!

January, 3 or 4 players in the January window, confident?

Of course, if it’s possible. We are working on it. Financially, we are working to see what we can do. If we can, I would like to have 3 or 4 more players. We don’t have the biggest squad in the Championship. So we have to do something in the market. I think we will do something in January.

Some players are maybe not playing so they might change too, we could send some players on loan to leave us.

Will the good start help?

I don’t know. We will try to keep that position, where we are now. It will not be easy, but I think this will not affect us in January.

I think it will be a good point for the players to push more in the following games, because we have enough games until January. It’s up to everyone to show everything until January. We are looking already on the market, like all the teams. We have to make something on the market. The squad is too tight. We saw it a few weeks ago. We need to add a bit of quality in the team.

In January, some players will come in and some will go. This is the business of football.

Everyone seems together?

Last season, you can speak more than me about the relationship and friendships in the team. This season it is great and we have really good characters in the team. I hope we can keep it until the end of the season.

How hard to stay in top 6?

It’s not easy. To come in one level is difficult, but to keep it is more difficult. I will push my players to keep that level.

Enjoying it?

I see in my players what they can really give and I think they can give more than what they’ve shown until now. I hope I can push from them 15/20% more. It is up to every player to push themselves.

Karlan

KG, after every game, he has the best results in running and high distance. Maybe he loses some goal chances, but this will come. He is working hard and the goals will come.

In the past he did a great job. If it’s 15, 20 million, if someone is paying so much for you.

I trust him because he is working hard. I see it in training and in every game. Running, fighting. Some other players who are not playing, and some who are playing, should look at him and how much he is working.

Re: Erol Bulut pre Stoke press conference

Good news about Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Good news about Rambo
    Sounds potentially good news about the January transfer window too

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Sounds potentially good news about the January transfer window too
    Rambo coming back earlier than expected is great news, with a decent number 9, like KM and another midfielder we could have a really good go for a top 6 finish, probably need some back up in defence as well.

Sawyers Rinomhota out and Adam’s to go on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Rambo coming back earlier than expected is great news, with a decent number 9, like KM and another midfielder we could have a really good go for a top 6 finish, probably need some back up in defence as well.

Sawyers Rinomhota out and Adam’s to go on loan?
    I wonder if he will keep Adams and move on Romeo.

Rino and Sawyers the other obvious ones to be moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Good news about Rambo
    And O’Dowda

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I wonder if he will keep Adams and move on Romeo.

Rino and Sawyers the other obvious ones to be moved on.
    For me Adams stays s he's able to play in defence as well as midfield , and has the managers workaholic ethos in his DNA