+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At what point would you try to extend Bulut’s.deal?

At what point would you try to extend Bulut’s.deal?

I know that winning makes us all happy but I think it goes beyond that.
    He has the qualities to be one of our best managers and even if we end up in mid table, which many of us thought would be ambitious following last season, I still see him as the manager who could build the team over three or four years into something very good.
    Let’s secure him.

Re: At what point would you try to extend Bulut’s.deal?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    I know that winning makes us all happy but I think it goes beyond that.
    He has the qualities to be one of our best managers and even if we end up in mid table, which many of us thought would be ambitious following last season, I still see him as the manager who could build the team over three or four years into something very good.
    Let’s secure him.
    Give him until the end of the season. I reckon we were all for giving Mick McCarthy a generous deal when he had it.

I think with his acquisitions, he has proven himself capable in transfer market with some very shrewd signings.

I’ve enjoyed the football and I enjoy his interviews for the most part.

See where we are in January and an extension then.

Now.

I'm still not sold on Bulut

End of the season.

If he stays, he's bought into us. Give him what he wants and the keys to the city.

If he walks, he's not up for it. Wasn't meant to be. Plenty more managerial fish in the water when they're being backed by Choo, Dalman and Tan.

I hope he does stay.

as the thread seems void of info on his contract he's on a 12 month contract with the possibility of a 2 year extension according the local media back in June

If that is true think our board needs to start looking at a long term view pronto

Just because it’s gone wrong in the past, that shouldn’t be a reason for sitting on our hands when it comes to extending Bulut’s deal. I wrote in my blog that there’s still a part of me that thinks it’ll all go wrong soon, but, even if it did, Bulut’s done enough to show he’s an improvement on recent managers.

The two signings we made which were obviously down to him have been big successes, he’s got us scoring from set pieces again, the football is better to watch, we’ve turned our home form around (I said a favourable fixture list has helped there, but you know full well that we wouldn’t have won five out of seven in the last three seasons) and, although I was critical of it at the time, going public with his opinion on some players has worked in the short term at least, whereas with the previous manager who did it, it was hard to see any benefits from it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just because it’s gone wrong in the past, that shouldn’t be a reason for sitting on our hands when it comes to extending Bulut’s deal. I wrote in my blog that there’s still a part of me that thinks it’ll all go wrong soon, but, even if it did, Bulut’s done enough to show he’s an improvement on recent managers.

The two signings we made which were obviously down to him have been big successes, he’s got us scoring from set pieces again, the football is better to watch, we’ve turned our home form around (I said a favourable fixture list has helped there, but you know full well that we wouldn’t have won five out of seven in the last three seasons) and, although I was critical of it at the time, going public with his opinion on some players has worked in the short term at least, whereas with the previous manager who did it, it was hard to see any benefits from it at all.
    A few weeks ago I suggested that we give Bulut free reign this season, no risk of being sacked, with a guaranteed contract extension at the end of the season if things work well.

I think in football, everyone is too quick to tie anyone down to a better contract if they show a hint more promise than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Any reasons why? Do you think we should be higher up the league? Do you think the football is poor? Do or think his signings have been poor?

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Any reasons why? Do you think we should be higher up the league? Do you think the football is poor? Do or think his signings have been poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Give him until the end of the season. I reckon we were all for giving Mick McCarthy a generous deal when he had it.
    Really? I seem to remember people thinking it was madness just off the back of fake Celtic rumours. It was obvious he was nothing more than a short term fix (to most).

Did I read the club have an option for another year? If so I would wait for the season to see how things go and then exercise the option and begin talks (if pleased with the season of course.

If the club don’t have an option then I would consider it before (hopefully) spending in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Really? I seem to remember people thinking it was madness just off the back of fake Celtic rumours. It was obvious he was nothing more than a short term fix (to most).

Did I read the club have an option for another year? If so I would wait for the season to see how things go and then exercise the option and begin talks (if pleased with the season of course.

If the club don’t have an option then I would consider it before (hopefully) spending in Jan.
    What we have seen is two very good signings based on the manager’s connections
    Given a transfer window where he can bid for players he’s identified should bring some more quality players like Siopis and Goutas

I still think he needs two windows to get the squad he wants

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    What we have seen is two very good signings based on the manager’s connections
    Given a transfer window where he can bid for players he’s identified should bring some more quality players like Siopis and Goutas

I still think he needs two windows to get the squad he wants
    Yeah I’m more than happy with the manager and think we had a very impressive transfer window considering we couldn’t spent a penny even on a loan fee.

I agree I think he needs two full summer windows if I’m honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I think some of his tactics have been poor and wrong subs.

I'd see what happens in the Januray window, wait until March, see how we're doing then and make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think some of his tactics have been poor and wrong subs.
    That’s it? You could say that about every manager. What about the subs he made against Swansea and Bristol?

I think Bulut has done a good job so far, given that he has no money to spend, and is new to the League. But you could also argue he's only achieved what we would expect any manager to achieve - produced a solid side, one that wins at home more often than not. However, as this thread shows, there are still those who have their doubts. His team selections have been a bit baffling in the past, but as I said, to a certain extent, he's working with his hands tied behind his back.
    I think it's a little early to be tying him down to any long term deals, but on the other hand, I also think there must be one or two clubs looking at him, and wondering what he could do for their club. He was an interesting signing when he arrived, probably raised a few eyebrows, and so far, it's working. The January window will give us more idea of his value. Plenty of time to think about extending contracts.

Next October

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think Bulut has done a good job so far, given that he has no money to spend, and is new to the League. But you could also argue he's only achieved what we would expect any manager to achieve - produced a solid side, one that wins at home more often than not. However, as this thread shows, there are still those who have their doubts. His team selections have been a bit baffling in the past, but as I said, to a certain extent, he's working with his hands tied behind his back.
    I think it's a little early to be tying him down to any long term deals, but on the other hand, I also think there must be one or two clubs looking at him, and wondering what he could do for their club. He was an interesting signing when he arrived, probably raised a few eyebrows, and so far, it's working. The January window will give us more idea of his value. Plenty of time to think about extending contracts.
    The biggest thing for me is that we look much more disciplined. The switching off has evaporated, silly mistakes aren't as prevalent as they were under previous managers. Players are more focused and it is clear what he wants from them, in and out of possession. Bulut isn't a fool, he understands that hard work on and off the ball and playing at the right times suits this group of players. There's a clear understanding between him and the players.

McGuiness has improved, Ng has improved, Colwill has improved, Tanner has improved, Etete is more aggressive in possession, Ralls is playing in a way that limits him, which suits him at this stage in his career, nice and simple, concentrate on what he does well. That tells me that Bulut has intelligence, he's not asking players to do things that aren't in their skill set. He wont tolerate people switching off either, which is excellent news in my opinion. He's got this group pulling in the same direction and it seems that he makes it clear for them to understand what they need to do when they go out onto the pitch. That's excellent management, because most footballersare as thick as **** and need telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The biggest thing for me is that we look much more disciplined. The switching off has evaporated, silly mistakes aren't as prevalent as they were under previous managers. Players are more focused and it is clear what he wants from them, in and out of possession. Bulut isn't a fool, he understands that hard work on and off the ball and playing at the right times suits this group of players. There's a clear understanding between him and the players.

McGuiness has improved, Ng has improved, Colwill has improved, Tanner has improved, Etete is more aggressive in possession, Ralls is playing in a way that limits him, which suits him at this stage in his career, nice and simple, concentrate on what he does well. That tells me that Bulut has intelligence, he's not asking players to do things that aren't in their skill set. He wont tolerate people switching off either, which is excellent news in my opinion. He's got this group pulling in the same direction and it seems that he makes it clear for them to understand what they need to do when they go out onto the pitch. That's excellent management, because most footballersare as thick as **** and need telling.
    In a nutshell, I totally agree with you. Spot on.

If he is not going to stay or we don't agree an extension then little point giving him funds in January in my opinion

For me I would do it now and trigger the 2 years

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Great post, he has also improved the firing players, Tanner and Colwill, he's brought in brilliant signings, Bowler, Siopis, Goutas, and he's got us tight in defence with three clean sheets in a row and six scored, he's done all this without two of his best players, O'Dowda and Ramsey for a lot of the season.

We've also had to play all the top teams away, sign him up and give him money in January, he won't waste it!

We need a Keiffer or Kaba standard Striker and left-back cover or competition for Collins and whatever else he asks for next!

Given recent history the club could be forgiven for not wanting to tie any manager to a long deal, however, this fella and what he's doing feels different and I personally wouldn't mind tieing Bulut down to the medium term.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    as the thread seems void of info on his contract he's on a 12 month contract with the possibility of a 2 year extension according the local media back in June

If that is true think our board needs to start looking at a long term view pronto
    Should things go pear-shaped at Nottingham Forest (in the not too distant future), I would imagine that Bulut would be high on the list of candidates given his close ties with the owner.

Maybe it is worth gambling on a two-year contract extension in January.