+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not a bad result that against Stoke, away

Not a bad result that against Stoke, away

Stoke seemed to have learned to pass the ball a bit more than I recall in recent years. They used to be unwatchable, but they were knocking it around and pressing well.

We did enough to flick them away like a nun's finger on her bean, but I shall refrain from letting my balls get hot and sweaty over what I thought should have been a narrow win. Given the Potters league position I thought that was a solid away point.

I'll gracefully accept it, and hovering over sixth we still have a punchers chance of hitting the playoffs, especially with new signings highly probable in January. Tally ho, onwards we go...

Re: Not a bad result that against Stoke, away

Just arrived at Crewe waiting for the train
    We played well today and could have nicked a win. Draw is a fair result but stoke is a dump of a place the bit I saw of it, police were nice though and directed us straight to the travellers pub

Yes decent result Stoke in good form , last few City sides would have lost that one , critically we kept another clean sheet , which always builds ones confidence.

We got there an hour early so watched all the warm up. One thing I noticed was our coaching staff and the way they were almost winding the players up, lots of confidence building work etc, it seemed to work as we handled them quite easily .
    Some of our away mob shouting pedo to random stoke fans in the stadium with their kids was a bit below par though

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Its a long walk to the half way line from the dressing rooms