+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ali Al Hamidi

Ali Al Hamidi

that lots of people are talking about on social media as a potential signing from Wimbledon in January

lots of good reports on him but would it be a step up from what we have at the minute ?

Some say Keiffer Moore has already signed

Going to be an interesting window for us me thinks !

Re: Ali Al Hamidi

He's scored 4 goals in 14 games. In League 2. Hardly inspiring. At least we know that Kieffer works his socks off and is effective at this level.

KM will be arriving in Jan apparently

Formerly of Swansea!

Probably just paper talk

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's scored 4 goals in 14 games. In League 2. Hardly inspiring. At least we know that Kieffer works his socks off and is effective at this level.
    Works his socks off?
    I'll never forgive him for spitting his dummy out before he eventually went to Bournemouth, strolling around like a spoilt toddler with a face like a slapped arris. I'll support him 100% if he comes mind!

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Don’t say that , otherwise the board will be in meltdown, you must know transfers are done last minute and not weeks / months in advance

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Don’t say that , otherwise the board will be in meltdown, you must know transfers are done last minute and not weeks / months in advance
    He may be arriving in January, but as of 5 November 2023 the transfer is not 'done'.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Works his socks off?
    I'll never forgive him for spitting his dummy out before he eventually went to Bournemouth, strolling around like a spoilt toddler with a face like a slapped arris. I'll support him 100% if he comes mind!
    He wanted a move to the PL at the end of his less-than-illustrious career. I have no problem with that or how he behaved. Before that, he had ran himself ragged for us every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He may be arriving in January, but as of 5 November 2023 the transfer is not 'done'.
    You have no idea how it works and I have been told how it works by a professional footballer , just accept that.

You have no idea how it works and I have been told how it works by a professional footballer , just accept that.
    So, who are we signing inext summer then?

I accept that you continue to confuse yourself every time you get onto this subject.

The may well have been discussions between the club and Moore (or more likely his agent) and there may even be an agreement in principle - but no deal is done. It has to be signed and registered. That cannot happen now - and until it is everything can change, a different club could come in and gazump, the player could have a change of mind. Nothing is done.

I accept that you continue to confuse yourself every time you get onto this subject.

The may well have been discussions between the club and Moore (or more likely his agent) and there may even be an agreement in principle - but no deal is done. It has to be signed and registered. That cannot happen now - and until it is everything can change, a different club could come in and gazump, the player could have a change of mind. Nothing is done.
    You’re right but I think the Athletic did an article on transfers and most are months in the making.

There must be a reason he turned down Millwall at the last minute, too, and I believe that’s because he wants to sign for us.

Most are done weeks in advance before they are released to the press especially in the close season that’s how the PR machine works.

Most are done weeks in advance before they are released to the press especially in the close season that’s how the PR machine works.
    A transfer is not done until pen is put to paper. As we are under an embargo, that can't happen until January. And anything can happen until then. If most transfers are done weeks in advance, how come there's so much action on deadline day? If the KM signing is a "done deal" can we expect him to sign on January 1st?

You were saying the ones done on transfer deadline day were all sorted weeks and months prior, which was nonsense. Kept quiet for the drama, you said. Goodness knows why you want to resurrect this again.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You were saying the ones done on transfer deadline day were all sorted weeks and months prior, which was nonsense. Goodness knows why you want to resurrect this again.
    Goodness knows why you choose to comment ….. actually yes we do know …..

Goodness knows why you choose to comment ….. actually yes we do know …..
    I sort of know what your saying and perhaps the Turkish midfielder doing the rumour rounds last week may be an example but there's many a slip between cup and lip as they say and an unofficial word has gone nowhere in the past.

Sunderland, Leeds, Hull, Bristol City and Stoke all linked too https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...tacker-4398335

In the first time you stated this it wasn't quite clear when cost, liability and risk transferred from the selling club to the buying club. Is it when the deal is done or when it is dramatically announced a month or so later?

International

No, they are like a house purchase, people consider it and negotiate, they agree to buy in principle and take things further, then right at the end they exchange and complete, I think the club have been in negotiation, but we could find a better house and some other buyer might steal ours. As everyone else has said it's not done until it's done.

I think we will get Keiffer though!

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Works his socks off?
    Kind of sounds like you will forgive him if he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Kind of sounds like you will forgive him if he comes back.
    Scored another two today (so far)