+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sophia Gardens Parking

Sophia Gardens Parking

It used to have a Pay and display, I guess its app based now

does it fill up in the day with people going into town ? ?

If I arrive and its full, any on-street parking ? ?

Re: Sophia Gardens Parking

if you don't mind stretching your legs park near the Cornwall pub top end of grange town and walk in

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if you don't mind stretching your legs park near the Cornwall pub top end of grange town and walk in
    We have a meeting in Sophia gardens, so would be better if I could park outside

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I fish in the taff behind there

I generally don't have a problem but if it's chokka I drive to where the old electricity club was , the start of pontcanna fields ?

It's a ten minute stroll to Sophia Gardens from there but obviously there are resident only areas in places

If your meeting is in the sports centre, parking is free in the car park in front of there for anyone using the facilities (the pay and display is down by the coach station). Not sure how they stop shoppers or town workers parking there but my lad has been a regular over the years and I'm not aware of him having had a problem getting a space unless there's a big event on. Maybe phone ahead if you want better information but you should be fine.

https://www.sport.wales/our-faciliti...re-contact-us/

I was usually able to find somewhere to park in the streets nearby when I’d go to watch Glamorgan at Sophia Gardens in a Championship game, but, increasingly, it became a case of having to drive around the area for some time waiting for someone to drive off - I was usually able to find somewhere within about a five minute walk of Sophia Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was usually able to find somewhere to park in the streets nearby when I’d go to watch Glamorgan at Sophia Gardens in a Championship game, but, increasingly, it became a case of having to drive around the area for some time waiting for someone to drive off - I was usually able to find somewhere within about a five minute walk of Sophia Gardens.
    Using all those fumes driving around, don’t tell Duckford, otherwise he’ll have you hung, drawn and quartered

There's a car park where the national express bus stop is

thanks all

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I fish in the taff behind there

I generally don't have a problem but if it's chokka I drive to where the old electricity club was , the start of pontcanna fields ?

It's a ten minute stroll to Sophia Gardens from there but obviously there are resident only areas in places
    What's in that part of the Taff now?

I used to see Salmon swimming up and trying to get up the weir, but not for a good few years.

They should be returning about now, shouldn't they?

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

I used to see Salmon swimming up and trying to get up the weir, but not for a good few years.

There's a salmon ladder on Blackwier so he fish can get up to their spawning grounds. You can look down into it sometimes and se them jumping up.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Up to Blackweir there are roach , dace , chub , perch , pike , barbel , bream and carp

I don't know anything about Salmon as I don't fish for them but the rivers are a lot cleaner than they were so I would imagine that there are more about than during the coal mining years ?

Plenty of trout and mullet at the bottom end of cathedral road in the summer

It's pike and perch I fish for

How does this thread go from car parking to fish ? Something not right somewhere

thanks all

Parked in the big car park next to the nat express bus station, did walk upto the National sports place, a car pulled out, but apart from that space, it was full

Nice walk into town after though the park, Town is a bit of a dump these days, I havent been in since pre-coivd times, loads of empty shops and far too many homeless making a nuisance of themselves, a shame really

thanks all

Parked in the big car park next to the nat express bus station, did walk upto the National sports place, a car pulled out, but apart from that space, it was full

Nice walk into town after though the park, Town is a bit of a dump these days, I havent been in since pre-coivd times, loads of empty shops and far too many homeless making a nuisance of themselves, a shame really
    Get Braverman there. She'll kick their tents down.

thanks all

Ff sake tory boy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He won't need her , he will probably set them on fire 🔥

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ff sake tory boy
    He won't need her , he will probably set them on fire ��
    I didnt see any tents to be fair, so they were not the issue

I wasnt sure what part of my statement you think is wrong Sludge

Town has a fair few empty stores now and the Homeless / Addicts were making a nuisance of themselves, then I realised you won't have anything against the poor souls, as if someone did, they are a evil Tory

so I will put this to you, its scenario based

Imagine its the " Toffs day out ( maybe even the young tory party conference )" Cardiff has a few " hooray Henrys ( HH )" gathered around queen street, sat around on the benches, one of the " HH's " gets up and get a handful of bird seed out of his LV Manbag or Briefcase, he walks behind a group of shoppers ( looked like maybe a elderly persons day trip out ) and throws the birdseed in the air over them, so loads of Gulls / bird' descend on the group shoppers, then the HH laughs with his HH friends

would this not be making a nuisance of themselves ? ? ? them Damm Toff's acting the fool and making a making a nuisance of themselves ? ?

2nd scenario

These HH have had too much to Champers to drink even though its only 10.30, maybe a few lines, they are wandering around aimlessly or ( maybe they have no spacial awareness, so maybe im up fair on them ? ?) and shoppers / people going about their everyday lives are having to avoid them bumping into them as them HH's dont care, would this not be making a nuisance of themselves ? ? ? them Damm Toff's Quaffing too Champers and making a making a nuisance of themselves ? ?

I am sure you would be more than happy to call out these Fictional HH's for making a nuisance of themselves, you Labour Boy

Town has a fair few empty stores now and the Homeless / Addicts were making a nuisance of themselves, then I realised you won't have anything against the poor souls, as if someone did, they are a evil Tory

Imagine its the " Toffs day out ( maybe even the young tory party conference )" Cardiff has a few " hooray Henrys ( HH )" gathered around queen street, sat around on the benches, one of the " HH's " gets up and get a handful of bird seed out of his LV Manbag or Briefcase, he walks behind a group of shoppers ( looked like maybe a elderly persons day trip out ) and throws the birdseed in the air over them, so loads of Gulls / bird' descend on the group shoppers, then the HH laughs with his HH friends

would this not be making a nuisance of themselves ? ? ? them Damm Toff's acting the fool and making a making a nuisance of themselves ? ?

2nd scenario

These HH have had too much to Champers to drink even though its only 10.30, maybe a few lines, they are wandering around aimlessly or ( maybe they have no spacial awareness, so maybe im up fair on them ? ?) and shoppers / people going about their everyday lives are having to avoid them bumping into them as them HH's dont care, would this not be making a nuisance of themselves ? ? ? them Damm Toff's Quaffing too Champers and making a making a nuisance of themselves ? ?

I am sure you would be more than happy to call out these Fictional HH's for making a nuisance of themselves, you Labour Boy
    The whole part of your statement is wrong , as soon as you opened your mouth

I mean have you been hanging around with the home secretary ?

People with no place to call home face a multitude of problems in their lives and I really don't see why someone as successful as you sees them as a nuisance ?

Are your kids growing up with this attitude ?

People who too much money like the toffs you describe go and party because they can afford it

People on the streets with drug and alcohol problems are trying to block out lots of problems with their consumption and are more of a problem to themselves than they are to us

Sir George Young was a soppy old tory minister who once said that homeless people were the sort one would step over on the way to the opera , a ballet or a play at the theatre , as they lay in their sleeping bags

Homelessness can happen to anyone , even people like you , your family and your friends

It's 2023 sunshine

2nd scenario

I was going to say ‘have a heart’ but it’d take a good few years to find yours.

People with no place to call home face a multitude of problems in their lives and I really don't see why someone as successful as you sees them as a nuisance ?

People who too much money like the toffs you describe go and party because they can afford it

People on the streets with drug and alcohol problems are trying to block out lots of problems with their consumption and are more of a problem to themselves than they are to us

Sir George Young was a soppy old tory minister who once said that homeless people were the sort one would step over on the way to the opera , a ballet or a play at the theatre , as they lay in their sleeping bags

Homelessness can happen to anyone , even people like you , your family and your friends

It's 2023 sunshine
    You're assuming that everyone homeless wants a home, that's just silly & not true. I've seen a few documentaries which show a hardcore that want to continue living in town centres begging/drug using with like minded individuals. Obviously their mad lifestyles can spill over and be a danger to law abiding citizens. I've had to deal with aggresive beggers in town myself, it nearly came to physical violence on more than one occasion. And they wre causing it all. Now imagine being elderly. It's not right, out of control, and is contributing to a decline in our town centre footfall, which then means shops closing, lower tax take, fewer resources to help the homeless. Something has to be done. Also, it's worth noting that the housing "crisis" has been caused by immigration. I expect you to start launching into a tirade of clichés now but you can't argue rationally with what i've said.

It's 2023 sunshine
    you did read the bit about throwing bird seed up in the air over a group of shoppers ( elderly at that ) for a cheap laugh, maybe this kind person was just thinking of the Hungry guys / birds ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You're assuming that everyone homeless wants a home, that's just silly & not true. I've seen a few documentaries which show a hardcore that want to continue living in town centres begging/drug using with like minded individuals. Obviously their mad lifestyles can spill over and be a danger to law abiding citizens. I've had to deal with aggresive beggers in town myself, it nearly came to physical violence on more than one occasion. And they wre causing it all. Now imagine being elderly. It's not right, out of control, and is contributing to a decline in our town centre footfall, which then means shops closing, lower tax take, fewer resources to help the homeless. Something has to be done. Also, it's worth noting that the housing "crisis" has been caused by immigration. I expect you to start launching into a tirade of clichés now but you can't argue rationally with what i've said.
    Oh shut up u daft racist

you did read the bit about throwing bird seed up in the air over a group of shoppers ( elderly at that ) for a cheap laugh, maybe this kind person was just thinking of the Hungry guys / birds ? ?
    I feel sorry for your kids , I hope they are independent of thought

Fancy living in luxury and a few homeless people causing you so much grief !

The people of gaza have got nothing on your stress !

Oh shut up u daft racist
    Just as i predicted. Maybe if it were happening closer to your home, you'd have a different approach.