+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We've played all the top teams away ? Tough fixture start?

International

We've played all the top teams away ? Tough fixture start?

So we must have mostly played lower league teams below, it certainly seems like a tough start to me.

1 Leicester - away
    2 Ipswich - away
    3 leeds - Away
    4 Southampton - away in December
    5 West Brom - Home in Nov
    6 - Preston - Away in NOV
    7 - Bluebirds - Good position considering the away fixtures
    8 - Sunderland away
    9 - Hull - Away Dec
    10 - Blackburn away
    11- Bristol Home
    12 - Boro - away
    13 - Stoke away

I'm sure someone can do some stats on this but it seems unusual.

Do you think as the fixtures reverse that will be an advantage for the second half of the season, and could it mean we are doing even better than we think?

Re: We've played all the top teams away ? Tough fixture start?

Great point, NCB, I'd felt the same without putting pen to paper on the fixtures as you have.

One would think, too, that City will be stronger early in the New Year as Ramsey + O'Dowda return and the roster is strengthened with promised acquisitions.

Let's hope Bulut has one or two names on his wish list to make impacts similar to that which Goutas and Siopis have done.

And hopefully we will still be in or around the top six so persuading players to join the revolution will not be too difficult.

International

Re: We've played all the top teams away ? Tough fixture start?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Great point, NCB, I'd felt the same without putting pen to paper on the fixtures as you have.

One would think, too, that City will be stronger early in the New Year as Ramsey + O'Dowda return and the roster is strengthened with promised acquisitions.

Let's hope Bulut has one or two names on his wish list to make impacts similar to that which Goutas and Siopis have done.

And hopefully we will still be in or around the top six so persuading players to join the revolution will not be too difficult.
    Yes we should be positive, Ramsey adds and O'Dowda would add so much to this team and we would certainly create more chances, I would give Bulut whatever he asks for in addition to Keiffer and a new left-back.

We should pick up more points from teams at the top when we play them at home and still beat the weaker teams away like we did with Huddersfield, also we've stopped the stupid mistakes so look much harder to beat than we were at the start of the season when we played to very top teams.