+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Re: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I was going to ask if you always miss the point by so much, then realised who I was replying to, so I know that you and the point are really in the same postcode.

Either they want us to reduce car use and use public transport, or they dont. Covid has nothing to do with that.
    Shut it

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Lee Waters is a moronic cretin, who does nothing to help with transport.

Nonce father drakeford wastes money but blames Westminster when it suits
    Shut up u soppy tory tart

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The initial feasibility study suggests that the amount of money needed to be spent had increased ASTRONOMICALLY since 2018

The main cause of these rising costs have been caused by covid

Isn't it responsible to stop spending money if its suggested that costs are prohibitive ?

What exactly is it you want ?
    If this situation had arisen in isolation then your argument might hold some water. However, it is just the latest in a long line of failed and badly planned schemes set up by the WAG that have literally wasted hundreds of millions of pounds. This is entirely Labour in Wales’s fault and for you to stand there and try and defend the shambolic bunch of idiots that are currently in charge of this country is reprehensible and a golden example of someone who will vote Labour no matter what they do or how badly trashed the country is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If this situation had arisen in isolation then your argument might hold some water. However, it is just the latest in a long line of failed and badly planned schemes set up by the WAG that have literally wasted hundreds of millions of pounds. This is entirely Labour in Wales’s fault and for you to stand there and try and defend the shambolic bunch of idiots that are currently in charge of this country is reprehensible and a golden example of someone who will vote Labour no matter what they do or how badly trashed the country is.
    Well I think you have to weigh that up with the opposite view that the majority of the Welsh voting public would rather stick baseball bats up their arses than vote conservative ?

I mean it's not a good showing for your shower of tosspots is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And they're not getting it right.

A tiny example of Welsh Government ineptitude when it comes to transport. During the summer, Porthcawl is a big tourist destination. Two different bus operators operated services there. One from Aberdare that travels through the Rhondda and another from Pontypridd, though Llantrisant, Llanharan, Pencoed etc. During lockdown the WG found money to support bus services. Since lockdown, passenger numbers have not returned to previous levels, so funding has remained, but keeps being cut.

First Cymru runs a service between Bridgend and Porthcawl (which also goes to Cardiff). As Bridgend is their "patch", the Welsh Government refused to fund the other operators services if they also went from Bridgend to Porthcawl because of the competition. In reality, there was no competition. As a result, buses from Aberdare, Rhondda, Ponty now stop in Bridgend and passengers have to change. It means higher fares for passengers and, on sunny days, rammed buses unable to cope with demand. Passenger numbers have declined on the Aberdare and Ponty services. I wonder why....
    They want you to take the train to Barry Island.

I'm sure they do. Where's the money going to come from? Everytime someone talks about Welsh Government spending they often say it should be prioritised on the NHS.
    There always seems to be money available for wars. How much money has been wasted on the military action in Iraq , Ukraine, and now Gaza ?

Millions wasted on a rail project, promised for years, out of control costs and it seems welsh labour have dropped the whole thing on a whim.
    What a shambles.

It’s time for the tories to be given a chance in wales, this wouldn’t happen on their watch

Yet again infrastructure pushed down the pecking order and will bite us in the rear in 20 years time.

Lets be honest, they are just as much of a shambles as the Tories.

what's everyone's views on this latest plan to help mortgage payers who are struggling ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...wards-28054581

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    what's everyone's views on this latest plan to help mortgage payers who are struggling ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...wards-28054581
    It’s wrong in principle but haven’t read the details behind it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I think you have to weigh that up with the opposite view that the majority of the Welsh voting public would rather stick baseball bats up their arses than vote conservative ?

I mean it's not a good showing for your shower of tosspots is it ?
    In a couple of years, barring something spectacular happening, Labour will be in power in both Westminster and at the Senedd. You are then going to have to come up with some sort of explanation of why Wales is sinking further into an abyss than simply 'The Tories'. You're absolutely right that the people of Wales will never elect a Tory government. You seem to find that enough. Some of us want a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    In a couple of years, barring something spectacular happening, Labour will be in power in both Westminster and at the Senedd. You are then going to have to come up with some sort of explanation of why Wales is sinking further into an abyss than simply 'The Tories'. You're absolutely right that the people of Wales will never elect a Tory government. You seem to find that enough. Some of us want a little more.
    We both know they’ll continue to blame the Tories previous mismanagement for as long as their in power.

I do wonder how long they’ll be able to use the ‘kamikaze budget’ strap line.

It’s an incredibly difficult job to do well but it’s always seemed there’s too many either there to feather their own nest or so afraid of doing the wrong thing end up doing nothing at all. It’s littered with mediocre and average people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I am afraid its the best of a bad deal

That's the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We both know they’ll continue to blame the Tories previous mismanagement for as long as their in power.

I do wonder how long they’ll be able to use the ‘kamikaze budget’ strap line.

It’s an incredibly difficult job to do well but it’s always seemed there’s too many either there to feather their own nest or so afraid of doing the wrong thing end up doing nothing at all. It’s littered with mediocre and average people.
    I am not arguing that the calibre of the average politican in Cardiff Bay isn't crap

But a mediocre Welsh Labour government appears to be more attractive than a Conservative one and Plaid Cymru are even lower down the list

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Millions wasted on a rail project, promised for years, out of control costs and it seems welsh labour have dropped the whole thing on a whim.
    What a shambles.

It’s time for the tories to be given a chance in wales, this wouldn’t happen on their watch
    I totally agree

Andrew RT Davies is the man !

Just keep writing off those millions in consultations.

The st Mellons parkway will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Just keep writing off those millions in consultations.

The st Mellons parkway will be next.
    don't say that been waiting for a railway station in East Cardiff since 1974 !!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    don't say that been waiting for a railway station in East Cardiff since 1974 !!
    **** me Mozz, the longest I'll wait for a bus is an hour.

International

Great so no road building, the trains can take the strain, now it's no more trains, it will end up horse and carts or Boris bikes!

International

What a shambles.

Wow even Drippy's biggest fan is having a go at him

Even RT couldn't do any worse!

International

I'm sure they do. Where's the money going to come from? Everytime someone talks about Welsh Government spending they often say it should be prioritised on the NHS.
    Not wasting it on gimmicks?

Maybe not shutting down the economy on a COVID-19 whim, maybe not slowing down tourism?

You can't say we are not building any more roads and we won't allow any more trains?

This will further damage tourism and the economy.

What a shambles.

Change that first sentence to billions and add in HS2....

Welsh Government loses millions on a feasibility study, absolute rage on this forum.

Tories lose billions upon billions, silence.

Amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Welsh Government loses millions on a feasibility study, absolute rage on this forum.

Amazing stuff.
    It’s more than likely the billions that the Tories have wasted on scrapped infrastructure spending, projects and transport schemes were as an indirect consequence Covid measures implemented, which most of the posters on here supported, hence the silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Amazing stuff.
    Aye and what they didn't lose they stole.More corrupt than a third world country.That Tory Peer swindled millions on unusable PPE but your right on this.It won't stop millions voting for them at the next election.