+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Kane

Harry Kane

Got to admire him, another two tonight in the Champions League. Hell of a start to the season, well not just the start, season’s well under way and he’s ripping it up for Bayern.

Re: Harry Kane

Classic old school number 9

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Got to admire him, another two tonight in the Champions League. Hell of a start to the season, well not just the start, season’s well under way and he’s ripping it up for Bayern.
    Yeah and nice to see I think, as he comes across as a good and down to earth bloke

Great striker, the type Fergie would have had at United without any questions, they would have paid whatever was needed. Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Great striker, the type Fergie would have had at United without any questions, they would have paid whatever was needed. Times change.
    no way he would get into black eyed peas ..wake up

I used to pooh pooh suggestions that England internationals like Lampard and Gerrard were truly world class but I've never had any doubt that Harry Kane was. An absolutely fantastic player. There, I've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I used to pooh pooh suggestions that England internationals like Lampard and Gerrard were truly world class but I've never had any doubt that Harry Kane was. An absolutely fantastic player. There, I've said it.
    But he's a flat-track bully. If he wasn't so good all the time, he'd be bang average.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Classic old school number 9
    Well, he can be, but in his last season or two at Spurs he showed himself to be maybe the best creative passer at the club. Although I tend to be an anyone but Bayern man when it comes to German football, I'm glad he should now be filling what is a virtually empty medal drawer

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, he can be, but in his last season or two at Spurs he showed himself to be maybe the best creative passer at the club. Although I tend to be an anyone but Bayern man when it comes to German football, I'm glad he should now be filling what is a virtually empty medal drawer
    Well done. Avoided the mention of 's*****e'..

Why don't you marry Harry Kane if you love him so much?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But he's a flat-track bully. If he wasn't so good all the time, he'd be bang average.
    Why are you so angry all the time? It's exhausting. I don't think anyone is suggesting Kane is average, even Fugsyphil in the other thread. His point seemed to be that we're not learning any more about Kane than we already knew if he's banging in goals domestically for Bayern.

I guess he'd extend that to goals at this stage of the Champions League too as Kane held the record for the fastest to 20 goals in that competition (until Haaland came along) but has only scored two outside the group stages, both in the last 16.

I think his record speaks for itself but I understand why people want to see him do it in crunch games for club and country before labelling him one of the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Why are you so angry all the time? It's exhausting. I don't think anyone is suggesting Kane is average, even Fugsyphil in the other thread. His point seemed to be that we're not learning any more about Kane than we already knew if he's banging in goals domestically for Bayern.

I guess he'd extend that to goals at this stage of the Champions League too as Kane held the record for the fastest to 20 goals in that competition (until Haaland came along) but has only scored two outside the group stages, both in the last 16.

I think his record speaks for itself but I understand why people want to see him do it in crunch games for club and country before labelling him one of the elite.
    NYC was being ironic, wasn't he? He's saying Kane is good all the time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's he way I read it too. I think Loramski's been whoosh'd

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know, he popped up at the end of the other thread saying that too. He's still angry because Fugsyphil called Kane a flat-track bully in that one. He's always angry, he reminds me of Terry in The Other Guys. As Allen said to him there 'I'm going to climb over that anger wall of yours one of these days and it's going to be glorious'.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Why don't you marry Harry Kane if you love him so much?
    If he looked like Christina Hendricks I might consider it (with my wife's permission of course).

Seriously, for me to lavish praise on an England international footballer is, as they say, as rare as rocking horse s**t but I make make no apologies about how highly I rate him.

Better than the two you just mentioned without a doubt. Going to go down as one of the greatest ever

Everyone thought that Gerd Muller's German league record of 41 goals would never be beaten, then Lewandowski got 42 a couple of years ago. If Harry Kane continues scoring at his current rate he'll get 50+. He and Bellingham have been extraordinary so far this season.

I'm not angry. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm not angry. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore.
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. You still seemed upset about the flat-track bully thing from the last Harry Kane thread but I couldn't see the point in starting all that back up again here. I tried to make an Other Guys joke out of it but that completely backfired. Can't win 'em all.

Thing was, TOBW took a lot of trouble explaining the derivation of flat-track bully to you in that thread but you still didn't seem to get it. You thought it should only apply to lower league players for some reason. I got the impression you thought Kane was being trashed by calling him that (don't worry, you weren't the only one who didn't grasp it) but flat-track bully isn't the worst insult you can throw at someone. I basically see it as accepting that someone is very good, just that they're not at elite level. I agree it shouldn't apply to Kane but I get why it is.

I think (rightly or wrongly) of the Dolphins like that this season - battering the lower teams but coming up short against the big boys. That doesn't mean they're 'bang average', of course. 6-3 and with every chance to shake off that kind of tag in the near future, just as Kane has with Bayern and a, seemingly, increasingly strong England side. The debate is not about whether Kane is any good or not, it's about how good he is.

Think Lewandowski’s record is 41 in a season, should barely raise an eyebrow him matching that. Playing for the best team in the league by a distance, it’s like playing for Celtic and scoring 50

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Think Lewandowski’s record is 41 in a season, should barely raise an eyebrow him matching that. Playing for the best team in the league by a distance, it’s like playing for Celtic and scoring 50
    My boy was telling me that last season's top scorer in the Bundesliga had 16 goals and Kane's already overtaken that. He usually seems to pick up a knock at some point of the season but if he stays fit then he'll surely break all the records over there.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. You still seemed upset about the flat-track bully thing from the last Harry Kane thread but I couldn't see the point in starting all that back up again here. I tried to make an Other Guys joke out of it but that completely backfired. Can't win 'em all.

Thing was, TOBW took a lot of trouble explaining the derivation of flat-track bully to you in that thread but you still didn't seem to get it. You thought it should only apply to lower league players for some reason. I got the impression you thought Kane was being trashed by calling him that (don't worry, you weren't the only one who didn't grasp it) but flat-track bully isn't the worst insult you can throw at someone. I basically see it as accepting that someone is very good, just that they're not at elite level. I agree it shouldn't apply to Kane but I get why it is.

I think (rightly or wrongly) of the Dolphins like that this season - battering the lower teams but coming up short against the big boys. That doesn't mean they're 'bang average', of course. 6-3 and with every chance to shake off that kind of tag in the near future, just as Kane has with Bayern and a, seemingly, increasingly strong England side. The debate is not about whether Kane is any good or not, it's about how good he is.
    I'm not offended. And I don't really care about the flat-track bully thing. I just happen to think it's not relevant in Kane's case. He plays at the highest level and his scoring record is top-notch. He could have played for any team in the UK and scored goals. As they say, you can only beat what's in front of you. And you can't blame the guy for wanting to win something. He's been a great servant for Tottenham and England and it's not his fault that they never won anything while he was playing for them. If you re-read my post, you will see it was completely tongue-in-cheek. "If he wasn't so good all the time, he'd be bang average" doesn't even make sense. There are plenty of things to be angry about in the world right now. This board isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Bayern are very likely going to win the league, but I don't think it's comparable to Celtic. The average team they face is very strong and Bayern are still only in 2nd place now and we are in mid November.

Clearly though, it helps big time being at one of the best teams in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bayern are very likely going to win the league, but I don't think it's comparable to Celtic. The average team they face is very strong and Bayern are still only in 2nd place now and we are in mid November.

Clearly though, it helps big time being at one of the best teams in the world.
    One of the best teams in the world would obviously be made up from some of the best players in the world, no?