+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: O/T Supermarket Tills

Re: O/T Supermarket Tills

I very much appreciate more often than not a swift purchase and exit when I have minimal items.

It's ok to have both, I wouldn't want to see no cashiers but those machines have saved me hours upon hours.

Only reason stores would be considering the scaling back of this is if ultimately it's eating too much into their bottom line. It's not the two fingers defiance to technology the Guardian article suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    We have a very competitive supermarket sector. Compare our prices to those on the continent.
    I really can't understand your objection to self scan. Automation definately does reduce costs, here's a question for you, would you un-invent the vacuum cleaner? It put a lot of cleaners out of work.
    Nature abhors a vacuum cleaner. They suck.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I very much appreciate more often than not a swift purchase and exit when I have minimal items.

It's ok to have both, I wouldn't want to see no cashiers but those machines have saved me hours upon hours.

Only reason stores would be considering the scaling back of this is if ultimately it's eating too much into their bottom line. It's not the two fingers defiance to technology the Guardian article suggests.
    Yes it's the amount of theft, they are becoming uneconomical.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The Yanks have seen the light

https://apple.news/A5eKeLWkiTneYsjj6BdtUFw
    in Orlando, self service tills are really a new thing , our local ( to where I stay ) Walmart didnt have any last Aug, this Oct they had 12, but that really doesnt paint the whole picture as they had 56 Tills ( and peak times most are open ) for store size comparison its about the size of the Tesco's near the heath hospital ( western ave is that ? ? )

They have built a new Target close by and that does have more self service tills, its not a big store though

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m wary of the online delivery, as you say it is preferable to actually see the product before you buy. The cynic in me tells me that the substandard stuff would be chucked on the van. Also, not sure if it’s true, I’ve heard that if a requested item isn’t in stock something similar is delivered. I’m imagining Bird’s Custard being ordered and a budgie turning up
    I've used Tesco's on-line ordering and it is very good. I never buy fresh meat on it but anything dried like flour or prewrapped like cucumber or potatoes is fine. When you order you can select whether you will accept an alternative if your choice is not available, or just have it struck from the order. Even if you do choose to accept an alternative the driver will tell you what alternative has been given and if its not acceptable he will take it back.
    No problem

I know it’s the Sun, but it’s topical

https://apple.news/AwXWcNrpIRbuVf8LuGc3E_g

I prefer using self service.

But you lot are old fuddy-duddys so it's expected