+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ref was awful but

Ref was awful but

Anyone know why there was a drop ball after the Norwich corner (which went straight out of play)

Re: Ref was awful but

No one knew what the hell was going on

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    No one knew what the hell was going on
    I was hoping someone could at least guess but no one has a clue.

Apparently, she thought the ball didn't enter the field of play, so was going to order the corner to be retaken...
    but, the ball had to be on the field of play for the corner to be taken, so she backed down on that, then (we suspect) that she thought she had to do something, so gave a drop ball instead of a GK.

I think.

Should women be refereeing mens football?
    She hogged the midfield more than the players.
    Linesman didn't help.
    Questions over the Bowler not given pen
    and linesman not in line for third goal.
    Nice arse though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Apparently, she thought the ball didn't enter the field of play, so was going to order the corner to be retaken...
    but, the ball had to be on the field of play for the corner to be taken, so she backed down on that, then (we suspect) that she thought she had to do something, so gave a drop ball instead of a GK.

I think.
    Interesting. It was weird as she did blow quite early. Very odd as obviously it has to be in play. So poor.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Linesman didn't help.
    Nice arse though.
    I don’t see why not, if they are good enough then yes. She was appealing though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t see why not, if they are good enough then yes. She was appealing though.
    I think you mean appalling

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I think you mean appalling
    I’ve had worse but yes appalling lol

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Linesman didn't help.
    Nice arse though.
    If good enough why not.

Is she the result of some fast track to hit targets?

To be fair I don't think she was even one of the worst we've had this season so she's probably just fine. Wasn't the reason we lost.

Few odd decisions but when isn't there. The corner to drop ball thing I couldn't understand but she clearly knows the rules far better than I, so I'm sure there's a reason for it. I just couldn't understand what she had given.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If good enough why not.

Is she the result of some fast track to hit targets?

To be fair I don't think she was even one of the worst we've had this season so she's probably just fine. Wasn't the reason we lost.

Few odd decisions but when isn't there. The corner to drop ball thing I couldn't understand but she clearly knows the rules far better than I, so I'm sure there's a reason for it. I just couldn't understand what she had given.
    Worst ref we’ve had this season imo.
    Because she was shit, not because she’s a woman.

She was poor but just as bad as the many inept referees we normally get.

Anyone know why there was a drop ball after the Norwich corner (which went straight out of play)
    That was the worst refereeing performance I have seen for a very very long time. It wasnt that she missed so much it was that she didnt seem to know what the bloody rules are. Nice experiment but NEVER again.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    That was the worst refereeing performance I have seen for a very very long time. It wasnt that she missed so much it was that she didnt seem to know what the bloody rules are. Nice experiment but NEVER again.
    Yep

I've looked at the rules, and as far as I can see, the only reason to retake the kick ( what she initially seemed to want)would be if a defender was less than 10 yards from the corner. Can't see any reason for a drop.

Don’t go blaming the referee because your team gets beat. That is scraping the barrel and shielding your teams poor performance over the duration of the game.

We have had loads of poor ref's.
    She was no worse than the others

I think she was pedantic in giving Ralls a yellow, don't think he heard the whistle

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Don’t go blaming the referee because your team gets beat. That is scraping the barrel and shielding your teams poor performance over the duration of the game.
    How did your team get on

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Worst ref we’ve had this season imo.
    Because she was shit, not because she’s a woman.
    No, that was Bobby Madley.

I wondered if she was nervous because it was the first Championship game she’d taken charge of, but she’s done a few games at this level and quite a few in the lower divisions

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/...&season_id=154

I’ve no problem with women refereeing men’s games, but she was poor and I would think her assessment will not make for good reading.

Don’t think any or many are? This is a question about the rules. Thanks for the input tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    We have had loads of poor ref's.
    She was no worse than the others

I think she was pedantic in giving Ralls a yellow, don't think he heard the whistle
    I’m confused by this Ralls yellow card thing, sky don’t have him having a card at all. I thought he was booked for a foul (which wasn’t a foul). Others said Grant was booked for kicking the ball away.

I’m confused by this Ralls yellow card thing, sky don’t have him having a card at all. I thought he was booked for a foul (which wasn’t a foul). Others said Grant was booked for kicking the ball away.
    It had to be Ralls booked for that “foul”, who else could it have been?

You dopey twat, you obviously thought the heading to the thread was someone from the valleys talking to a mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It had to be Ralls booked for that “foul”, who else could it have been?
    I know, but then people on Twitter were telling me he wasn’t booked and sky showed he didn’t have a card. So I started to question it, did I imagine the card lol.

Then I don’t remember Grands booking.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You dopey twat, you obviously thought the heading to the thread was someone from the valleys talking to a mate!!
    He is a total jack,no brain cells.