+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut accuses his players of not fighting or concentrating

Erol Bulut accuses his players of not fighting or concentrating

The Bluebirds' manager accused his players of not fighting or concentrating as the Canaries came from behind to snatch a late win at the Cardiff City Stadium

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...ss-to-norwich/

Re: Erol Bulut accuses his players of not fighting or concentrating

Can’t argue with any of it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    agreed

I accuse him of subbing players who were doing fine, not knackered, and disrupting the eleven on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I accuse him of subbing players who were doing fine, not knackered, and disrupting the eleven on the field.
    You make a good point, but then we were struggling before the subs, Bowler had become less effective. Personally I’d have not brought Colwill on but then many wanted him to start. I think I’d have moved Robinson upfront rather than took him off. The goals though were mistakes by Wintle and Tanner so you have a point. Doubt he knew Wintle would do that or Tanner would become half assed and not bother tracking back.

Erol Bulut in blaming the players and not taking any responsibility himself shocker

Erol Bullshit more like!

Can't win every game

A few tweaks and we should be top ten easily enough

He's a good manager , players screwed up today

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Erol Bulut in blaming the players and not taking any responsibility himself shocker
    How many managers take responsibility? Let’s be honest did he say to Wintle knock it in the net or Tanner just leave the fullback do what he wants and leave Romeo done (I did).

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's a good manager , players screwed up today
    They did. People talking about him not taking responsibility, for what, poor personal performances? Here's one to be on, if we do badly then he'll get sacked, the players wont though, and that's the way it should be. That's responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Erol Bulut wasn't out on the pitch. The players were. And if what he said about working on corners is true then McGuinness really dropped a bollock. The players worked hard to get a lead, but then they lost concentration and gave away 2 more soft goals. Why should Bulut take responsibility for that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Erol Bulut wasn't out on the pitch. The players were. And if what he said about working on corners is true then McGuinness really dropped a bollock. The players worked hard to get a lead, but then they lost concentration and gave away 2 more soft goals. Why should Bulut take responsibility for that?
    From what I heard, he talked about the front player getting the header and not being picked up, not sure who that was. McGuiness had a decent game but that was poor from him anyway.

How many managers take responsibility? Let’s be honest did he say to Wintle knock it in the net or Tanner just leave the fullback do what he wants and leave Romeo done (I did).
    We hear it the whole time. Managers saying that their teams didn't do the basics correctly, switched off, didn't want it enough etc etc. Bugger all wrong with that. What is wrong is when the players keep doing it, then the manager and his coaching staff need questioning and criticism, or the players in question aren't replaced with better.

Tanner is learning the game. Defensively he's nowhere near up to speed as Bowler, hence why Bowler has started every game since returning from injury. If Romeo had a rather tough game this afternoon, bringing on Tanner to help him out was a rather foolish mistake.

While Tanner is a really exciting prospect, to say he's a bit raw is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tanner is learning the game. Defensively he's nowhere near up to speed as Bowler, hence why Bowler has started every game since returning from injury. If Romeo had a rather tough game this afternoon, bringing on Tanner to help him out was a rather foolish mistake.

While Tanner is a really exciting prospect, to say he's a bit raw is an understatement.
    Don’t disagree, but as well as Bowler was doing he certainly wasn’t helping Romeo either?

We came back from 0-1 down to be leading 2-1. with neat goals. We started the second half on the front foot also, but player-for-player they were stronger in a couple of areas, and when we sat back and didn't 'get in their faces' they grew in confidence. Simply we'd done the [hard] job and took the foot off the gas against a side who are better than recent form would suggest. And we couldn't get back into it. Tanner and coldwill might have changed it but for them it was a bit like turning up at a party when all your mates are fast asleep and aren't really aware you're there...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

In some respects though, Tanner's defensive play has been more effective than his offensive play, it was strange to see him look so poor at that aspect of the game yeserday.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bulut has been praised for a lot of his substitutions this season and rightly so. However, he himself is saying they didn't work yesterday, so, surely, he has to take some responsibility for that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bulut has been praised for a lot of his substitutions this season and rightly so. However, he himself is saying they didn't work yesterday, so, surely, he has to take some responsibility for that?
    Absolutely.

Ultimately, it was a disappointing result. Let's learn and move on.

P.s McGuinness might have two shiners now. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Absolutely.

Ultimately, it was a disappointing result. Let's learn and move on.

P.s McGuinness might have two shiners now. 😆
    Players made mistakes and didn’t do their job,
    With the squad we had yesterday we are a mid table side.

Ramsey, Ng ODowda would have made a difference, but even then we would be around the top six
    We need the 3-4 targets already identified in January to kick on.

Bulut knows that Meite isn’t a threat as a 9 and Etete is only a back up.
    Romeo isn’t a Championship standard player and Tanner is still work in progress

We need to move a few on, just disappointing that Wintle has gone backwards over the last month or so, total lack of concentration yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They didn't work necessarily but I thought before them Norwich were on top anyway.

I was surprised Tanner and Colwill both came on at 2-1 when we were on the back foot but it's all hindsight, if one of them gets a goal then Bulut's a genius.

Thought Norwich were overall just the better team, caused problems first half and second half continued to do so whilst also limiting us.

We just didn't look up for it second half. Closing down was poor along with other basics.

I think Wagner’s substitutions made a difference. In the first half their fullbacks, particularly the left back, were being overrun and their replacements shored up a wobbling defence. Bringing on Idah in the second half added a bit of purpose to the attacking threat.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In my opinion we were struggling before the subs and it looked like Norwich were going to score any second. Bulut had to change it up, what worked for the past few weeks just didn't work for whatever reason today.

I'm a big fan of Tanner but the third goal was his fault, he didn't follow his man which left Romeo 2 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    In my opinion we were struggling before the subs and it looked like Norwich were going to score any second. Bulut had to change it up, what worked for the past few weeks just didn't work for whatever reason today.

I'm a big fan of Tanner but the third goal was his fault, he didn't follow his man which left Romeo 2 vs 1.
    You’re right they were on top prior to the subs. Maybe it’s a measure how far we’ve come in such a short time under Bulut that we’ve gone all analytical and a touch critical. Of course it’s good that we’re throwing in our two penn’orth, that’s what messageboards are for but, in my case, I think I’ll step back and look at the bigger picture, certainly in relation to the last couple of seasons……………..until the next time we bugger up of course