+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Cardiff - City of the Year

Re: Cardiff - City of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    He would be better off not making it party political. Things are far more complicated than that.
    I tend to agree with you. Spending cuts across the board from all parties are a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Stan Collymore wrote this on X about his town, Cannock. He's got a good point, here, particularly about a chronic lack of spending and investment on infrastructure, and that's across the UK.

I'm always in Cannock.

I know my town better than anyone. Anyone. From local government to national representation.

You know when Cannock people should have started paying attention? Not when people fleeing war stay in 2 hotels. We should have started paying attention when the sons and daughters of generations of Coal Miners (who in some of my mates cases were literally starving during the miners strike) continually voted for a party that has left our town in tatters.

The town centre is dead, go up to Park Road and see the line of people waiting for methadone as the town battles a major heroin problem, then look at the "shops" which now is vape /barber/poundshop on a loop, and then tell me with a straight face that Cannock voters aren't responsible for the state of the town but 200 brown people in 2 hotels are.

People walking around town in ****ing dressing gowns and slippers, local standards disappearing due to the chronic lack of investment in infrastructure and people in our town based on voting for parties contrary to our town's interests has turned chunks of it feral.

And we can't blame "them" because 97.4% of Cannock people are white. But hey, it's the 200 people in hotels fault.

Only a bigot could blame people seeking asylum for the woes of a town which decided that decades of Tory government would make their town healthy, happy and productive but instead has left it a shell of the vibrant town it was many years ago.

Blame yourself for once. Blame your vote. Blame yourself for giving liars, cheats, corrupt officials your thumbs up nationally.
    So sad. I don't know why people voting against their own interests is so rife. It's the same in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You raise some important points. Afew cities, Cardiff included are seeing some signs of declines, primarily as a result of working from home, hollowing out city centres, making public transport unsustainable, coupled with rising problems in the city centre etc.

Can Google the 'Sam Francisco Doom loop' to read more.
    Working from home , so says the bloke who says this isn’t Party political.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Says Bob, and old timer whose retired, with a small footprint, who advocated longer lockdowns and strict restrictions ( which clearly have impacted the city centre ). It’s almost as if he believed every word the government said when in reality most people who didn’t fall for the propaganda could have told you how it would have affected the city centres of most towns and cities within the UK.

Anyone who could see this was called out as a conspiracy theorist. prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Was it the Tories that made Stan Collymore go dogging or slap up Ulrika Johnson? Isn't that what he did to her?

Whatever the problems of Cannock, the residents have a legitimate right to object to immigration. There's genuine concerns. Collymore dismisses this right with anti Tory platitudes and thinks that he knows better.
    He mentions heroin addicts, yet it was Labour's wars that enabled the opium cultivation trade to flourish in Afghanistan leading to heroin saturation in Britain. I really wouldn't follow much Collymore has to say on anything.
    Whatever the problems of cannock , they are not immigration as 97 percent of the town is white

I think collymore is an arse and his past behaviour appalling but he's right

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ??