+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

  1. #1

    Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    On youtube, BBC and Uefa.com

  2. #2

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Finland

  3. #3

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Finland home s/f
    Final home

  4. #4

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Well that couldn't have gone much better...

    Finland in the semi final, at home in the final if we win

  5. #5

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well that couldn't have gone much better...

    Finland in the semi final, at home in the final if we win
    Agreed. No excuses now.

  6. #6

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Good draw. Gives us a chance.

  7. #7

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well that couldn't have gone much better...

    Finland in the semi final, at home in the final if we win
    Final opponents (for Wales or Finland) will be either Poland or Estonia.

  8. #8

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well that couldn't have gone much better...
    I didn't watch or see the options but surely wouldn't poland be the highest ranked team out of all the play offs?

  9. #9

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I didn't watch or see the options but surely wouldn't poland be the highest ranked team out of all the play offs?
    Yes but in our pool they were unavoidable so to have the chance of a home tie is good news.

  10. #10

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I didn't watch or see the options but surely wouldn't poland be the highest ranked team out of all the play offs?
    We were already in the same "path" because the qualifying was based on Nations League ranking, so we couldn't avoid them.

  11. #11

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I didn't watch or see the options but surely wouldn't poland be the highest ranked team out of all the play offs?
    It’s not relevant in this case but current FIFA rankings

    22. Ukraine
    28. Wales
    31. Poland

  12. #12

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    We could have beaten them at home in Nations League but had half a team out for Ukraine play off.

  13. #13

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We could have beaten them at home in Nations League but had half a team out for Ukraine play off.
    The Ukranian play off was after the away fixture in Wroclaw. We were soundly beaten in the home fixture.

  14. #14

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    As good as it could have been I’d say. Playing like we did against Croatia we make the Euros, if Armenia Wales turn up, forget it.

  15. #15

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Ukranian play off was after the away fixture in Wroclaw. We were soundly beaten in the home fixture.
    Our B team almost got a result out in Poland. We put out a bit of a weird side at home to Poland, I remember Levitt, Cabango and Norrington-Davies starting, it certainly wasn't our first 11

    Poland aren't in great form, lost away to Moldova and Albania in qualifying

  16. #16

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Ukranian play off was after the away fixture in Wroclaw. We were soundly beaten in the home fixture.
    I can’t agree with that. We were the better team in Wroclaw & lost 1-0 at home, had double their shots, more possession and only 4 of the team who started against Türkiye started that game.

  17. #17

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I can’t agree with that. We were the better team in Wroclaw & lost 1-0 at home, had double their shots, more possession and only 4 of the team who started against Türkiye started that game.
    I agree we performed well away with a scratch team. At home we did not look like winning against a side with 6 of their starters in their last competitive match. I accept that we were by no means at full strength and that Poland seem to have gone down hill since. Hopefully Lewandowski will have another four months of age in his legs because he was the difference last time.

  18. #18

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Finland’s away record in qualifying, won 3 lost 2. They beat N.Ireland 1-0, San Marino 2-1 & Kazakstan 1-0 and lost to Denmark 3-1 & Slovenia 3-0.

  19. #19

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    We could not have asked for a better draw

  20. #20

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    What are the actual dates of the games

  21. #21

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Anyone know what the format of the games is? Decided on extra 30 mins and penalties?

  22. #22

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Anyone know what the format of the games is? Decided on extra 30 mins and penalties?
    Piñata with baseball bats and Tuesday’s referee in a sombrero

  23. #23

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Anyone know what the format of the games is? Decided on extra 30 mins and penalties?
    Exactly. Extra time and pens.

    FAW will sell tickets for two games. If Wales win v Finland they play the final against the winners of Poland v Estonia. If Wales lose their semi final they will play the losers of Poland v Estonia is a friendly that no one wants.

    Games to be played on Thurs March 21st and Tues March 26th

  24. #24
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Exactly. Extra time and pens.

    FAW will sell tickets for two games. If Wales win v Finland they play the final against the winners of Poland v Estonia. If Wales lose their semi final they will play the losers of Poland v Estonia is a friendly that no one wants.

    Games to be played on Thurs March 21st and Tues March 26th
    Big demand for tickets for those games !!!

  25. #25

    Re: Euro 2024 Play Off Draw. Live from 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Exactly. Extra time and pens.

    FAW will sell tickets for two games. If Wales win v Finland they play the final against the winners of Poland v Estonia. If Wales lose their semi final they will play the losers of Poland v Estonia is a friendly that no one wants.

    Games to be played on Thurs March 21st and Tues March 26th
    Doesn't leave a lot of time to organise Germany! Think I'll start now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •