+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 119

Thread: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

  1. #1

    New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Planning permission for the indoor music arena for Cardiff bay is set to go before planning committee today

    https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ixP09kH3Cq2xWs

  2. #2

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    2026 ?

    Ff sake

    If Bristol build one before us then that will be first on the big gig circuit and get established

    I read that the capacity is going to be reduced which isn't a bad thing

    15000 seems a bit ambitious

    Big arenas in the UK from Scotland down ....

    Glasgow
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    London

    Then Cardiff , if its built ?

    That's a huge arc of Swansea, Cardiff , Newport , Valleys , Bristol , Bath , Gloucester , Swindon, Exeter

    I suppose Southampton , Portsmouth etc would come under Brighton Arena

    So it's between us and the wurzels

    I would think if or when Bristol build anything then the extra hour to us will be a factor

    This has taken years

  3. #3

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Bristol's is scheduled to open in late 2025 or early 2026 with a capacity of 19k.

    It was going to be built in the city centre (having been first announced in 2003) but is now being built on the old Filton airfield, North of the city.

    The new station to serve it is due to open later in 2026 (perhaps). Getting to and from the venue is going to be a real issue, but I guess it would be to some extent wherever a venue of that size is.

  4. #4

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol's is scheduled to open in late 2025 or early 2026 with a capacity of 19k.

    It was going to be built in the city centre (having been first announced in 2003) but is now being built on the old Filton airfield, North of the city.

    The new station to serve it is due to open later in 2026 (perhaps). Getting to and from the venue is going to be a real issue, but I guess it would be to some extent wherever a venue of that size is.
    Having lived there, that’s a shite place to have a venue….

  5. #5

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol's is scheduled to open in late 2025 or early 2026 with a capacity of 19k.

    It was going to be built in the city centre (having been first announced in 2003) but is now being built on the old Filton airfield, North of the city.

    The new station to serve it is due to open later in 2026 (perhaps). Getting to and from the venue is going to be a real issue, but I guess it would be to some extent wherever a venue of that size is.
    Well that's very bad news for Cardiff then

  6. #6

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Having lived there, that’s a shite place to have a venue….
    A lot easier to get to than Birmingham NEC

    Although a 19 k arena is ridiculous

    I hope Cardiff goes in at about 10 k seats , big gigs are not really my scene but some of the bands I like won't play venues smaller than that because of the stage show

  7. #7
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,760

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol's is scheduled to open in late 2025 or early 2026 with a capacity of 19k.

    It was going to be built in the city centre (having been first announced in 2003) but is now being built on the old Filton airfield, North of the city.

    The new station to serve it is due to open later in 2026 (perhaps). Getting to and from the venue is going to be a real issue, but I guess it would be to some extent wherever a venue of that size is.
    Ours will be better than Bristols as long as Drippy has nothing to do with it.

  8. #8

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Anyone know where down the bay it will be built? Seems crowded already

  9. #9

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ours will be better than Bristols as long as Drippy has nothing to do with it.
    There's is the old concord hanger and it will hold 17,000 ours 15,000 or less if it is decided today to reduce the capacity to reduce cost, it is a Cardiff Council scheme by the way not the welsh government.

  10. #10
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,760

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Anyone know where down the bay it will be built? Seems crowded already
    By the Council building end.

    Modern, mixed-use development including food and leisure amenities, replacing the Red Dragon Centre.

    https://atlanticwharfcardiff.co.uk/

  11. #11

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Anyone know where down the bay it will be built? Seems crowded already
    isn't it replacing the cinema/bowling place

  12. #12

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    By the Council building end.
    Where is that? By Atlantic wharf?

  13. #13
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,760

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Where is that? By Atlantic wharf?
    Yes https://atlanticwharfcardiff.co.uk/

    People near there should make a decent wedge with Airbnb, you could charge 100 a night probably.

  14. #14
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,760

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    The plans look quite good to be fair, but watch the video they are trying to limit car parking and make everyone use public transport.

  15. #15

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Anyone know where down the bay it will be built? Seems crowded already
    The Red Dragon site I believe

    https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/in...Credit-HOK.jpg

  16. #16
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    11,596

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    2026 ?

    Ff sake

    If Bristol build one before us then that will be first on the big gig circuit and get established

    I read that the capacity is going to be reduced which isn't a bad thing

    15000 seems a bit ambitious

    Big arenas in the UK from Scotland down ....

    Glasgow
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    London

    Then Cardiff , if its built ?

    That's a huge arc of Swansea, Cardiff , Newport , Valleys , Bristol , Bath , Gloucester , Swindon, Exeter

    I suppose Southampton , Portsmouth etc would come under Brighton Arena

    So it's between us and the wurzels

    I would think if or when Bristol build anything then the extra hour to us will be a factor

    This has taken years
    Swanse hae just finished building one!

  17. #17

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    I think 15500 is ridiculous

    Cardiff CIA is an awful venue and deffo needs replacing but up to 10000 ish seems sensible

    Same size as arenas in Nottingham, Liverpool

    If Bristol is building an enormous arena then it makes sense to build something far more realistic

    If a 10000 all seated arena was in place now then Cardiff would be deffo on the touring circuit but this has come too late and I think it's going to be too big

  18. #18

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Swanse hae just finished building one!
    It's tiny

    3000 seats , OK for small touring bands but not much bigger than several other local venues

    If that had been made 10000 we would have ended up going down there all the time

  19. #19

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ours will be better than Bristols as long as Drippy has nothing to do with it.
    He's not a city Councillor, he's a Welsh assembly representative

  20. #20

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think 15500 is ridiculous

    Cardiff CIA is an awful venue and deffo needs replacing but up to 10000 ish seems sensible

    Same size as arenas in Nottingham, Liverpool

    If Bristol is building an enormous arena then it makes sense to build something far more realistic

    If a 10000 all seated arena was in place now then Cardiff would be deffo on the touring circuit but this has come too late and I think it's going to be too big
    Give it a rest Meldrew.

  21. #21

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The plans look quite good to be fair, but watch the video they are trying to limit car parking and make everyone use public transport.
    These are old plans ?

  22. #22
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    4,760

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's not a city Councillor, he's a Welsh assembly representative
    Exactly so hopefully it will be alright

  23. #23

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give it a rest Meldrew.
    It's not being built for YOU lot

    Poke your nose elsewhere

  24. #24

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    They could get whoever built St David's Hall to build it...

  25. #25

    Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    They could get whoever built St David's Hall to build it...
    Lego ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •