+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Assembly

Welsh Assembly

The Welsh parliament has voted to approve an increase of more than 50% in its number of members. The Senedd, located in Cardiff Bay, currently has 60 members - but the now-approved government plans will see that figure rise to 96

£19m per annum increase ( excluding expenses) plus £90m being spend on a refurnished Senedd building.

Re: Welsh Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The Welsh parliament has voted to approve an increase of more than 50% in its number of members. The Senedd, located in Cardiff Bay, currently has 60 members - but the now-approved government plans will see that figure rise to 96

£19m per annum increase ( excluding expenses) plus £90m being spend on a refurnished Senedd building.
    Beyond parody.

The problem is, they know they can do what they like and will still be voted back in. The backdown over 20mph is a one off I suspect. I'm not sure even that would have happened if there hadn't coincidentally been a change of leader.

I voted for the Welsh assembly but I would vote to bin it too

No one cares unfortunately

Every last public service here is worse than it is in England, and yet we get the usual nationalists or mad lefties who despite all the evidence to the contrary think we need to seperate ourselves more from the worlds fifth bggest economy.

Mwntwl!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No one cares unfortunately

Every last public service here is worse than it is in England, and yet we get the usual nationalists or mad lefties who despite all the evidence to the contrary think we need to seperate ourselves more from the worlds fifth bggest economy.

Mwntwl!
    Whilst the whole assembly appears to be infested with idiots on all sides Wales is a poor country with a unhealthy country related to its industrial past

Going it alone is utterly crazy but even staying put requires lots of continual investment

Aside from glaring mistakes in administration there is no restructuring possible to reverse all this

I trust the assembly under Labour about 25 percent

Under the Tories? It's minus 50